New Michigan coach has been selected per NHL agent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Michigan coach has been selected per NHL agent

Let the speculation begin. I have a pretty good guess. I know a fanbase here who will be angry.

https://***********/DMilsteinHockey/...34338325041153

Hearing University of Michigan Hockey program has their new head coach. Great choice UofM. Great choice...
    ---
    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
    19 Conference Championships
    10 Conference Tournament Championships
    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Re: New Michigan coach has been selected per NHL agent

I saw the tweet and saw the sender was an agent. Maybe someone knows who he has for clients. Could the answer be on that list?
    Why else would an agent "know"?
    He is as cool as a bomb disposal technician!

Comment

My fan base is who you're directing that at, I'm sure...if this is legit, I will be very disappointed in this happening while both teams seasons aren't even over...
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        My fan base is who you're directing that at, I'm sure...if this is legit, I will be very disappointed in this happening while both teams seasons aren't even over...
        One team's season has been over since December, so does that make you half disappointed?
        ---
        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
        19 Conference Championships
        10 Conference Tournament Championships
        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

I wish Bill Muckalt the best at the University of Michigan.

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I elaborated about this more on mgoblog, but this guy is mostly an agent for Russian players (he settled in Ann Arbor after fleeing Russia in 1991), including Pavel Datsyuk, and has mostly NHL connections.

He could be wrong for any number of reasons. But if he is right, it is probably Jeff Blashill.
            Jesus Saves

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              I wish Bill Muckalt the best at the University of Michigan.

I hear Anastos might become available.

But if it is Jeff I wish him luck. He's a really good college coach. Too bad it didn't work out for him with the Wings. And if Murray ever decides to retire, I'm sure he'd have a spot back in Kzoo if he ever wanted it.
              Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

We aren't that important. Relax, man. Mel isn't leaving Houghton.

Comment

It isn't Mel. Think USNDP under 17....

I found this out on Friday last week. This guy is just looking for attention.
                  Originally posted by alfablue
                  Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I would be really unhappy if Danton Cole gets the job. There are too many good options out there to hire a Sparty legend for the Michigan job.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                      Let the speculation begin. I have a pretty good guess. I know a fanbase here who will be angry.

https://***********/DMilsteinHockey/...34338325041153
                      He retracted this a couple hours ago, calling his information "unreliable ".
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        He retracted this a couple hours ago, calling his information "unreliable ".
                        I'm pretty sure that nobody at any school has said anything to anyone.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

... I will be very disappointed in this happening while both teams seasons aren't even over...
                          No matter WHO it is, it's highly likely that it's been in the works for a long time. Don't forget, Red intended to retire a year ago, but stayed on because of the new AD we now have.

Blashill, Cole, Pearson, etc.- whoever it was, they were talking to for a long time. Just like how people started putting puzzle pieces together for the FB head coach well before the announcements.

While it *seems* bad that you would do this, it also makes sense if you know that you are going to have a coaching vacancy. With Blaise leaving UNO, getting the coach YOU WANT is really important so that other schools can't get him.

On a side note- good luck this weekend. I'd love to see Tech in the tournament again. If they make it to Chicago, I'll have to dig out any remaining Tech stuff I have.

Comment

Originally posted by Maznblu View Post
                            I would be really unhappy if Danton Cole gets the job. There are too many good options out there to hire a Sparty legend for the Michigan job.
                            If it goes through, which I have no reason to believe it won't, you're gonna be a very unhappy camper. Originally I was in the same camp as you. But the more that I think of it (Cole has connections, knows the national landscape, actually looks like he'll be a terrific coach, etc.) the more that I'm willing to give the guy a shot. That and it will really annoy sparty.
                            Originally posted by alfablue
                            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Some friends and I were discussing the Cole possibility about a month ago. I said "eww...a Sparty" to which my friend responded, "Hutch was a Sparty". She had a very valid point, and Hutch has been an amazing softball coach at UofM. I'll accept a Sparty to coach my Wolverines, especially if he does a great job.
                              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                              7 B1G
                              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                              2 Alaskan

Comment

Working...
                              X