St. Lawrence vs Boston College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Lawrence vs Boston College

St. Lawrence putting the blocks to BC in the first period...faster skating, quicker decisions and better passing, so far.

Completely brainless move by Webster to take that penalty especially when her team was enjoying the decisive benefit of the play.

Until Kent's late power play (nice wrist shot) goal SL had more shots on goal than BC during that power play...which the goal rendered academic.

Like both teams but would like to see SL win.

Anemic sized crowd from what one can tell.
    Last edited by Blackbeard; 03-11-2017, 12:44 PM.

Re: St. Lawrence vs Boston College

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
    St. Lawrence putting the blocks to BC in the first period...faster skating, quicker decisions and better passing, so far.
    BC seems to have solved this problem; now up 4-0.

Comment

BC up 5-0 after 2. Some poor goaltending, good defense by BC. This one is over.
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
        5 goals on only 17 shots against is not what you want defensively in the playoffs, especially during the NCAAs. I feel very bad for SLU right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
          You sure got that right, and one more just before the period ended. Total SL meltdown.

SL's inability to convert on a few good opportunities in the first in conjunction with Webster's boneheaded penalty came back to bite them. I wonder if her role in this has dawned on her yet?

SL, unfortunately, is more bark than bite today. Where is that offensive juggernaut that I've been reading about all season? Disappointing performance that started well.

Grauer penalty looked to be an invented call.

Major error on the 4th goal by Harrison. Camera angle made it look like she didn't know where she was in her crease.

Before the 5th goal I was thinking that SL is looking at having to climb Everest in the third period with not much so far in the game to encourage the climb. Now they have to do it without equipment.

Wonder if Harrison gets pulled to start the third? But it's all academic. SL looks defeated (can't blame them). Weak shots and less than stellar goaltending...bad combo. Offense has let down the defense and the defense has returned the favour.

Too bad.
          Last edited by Blackbeard; 03-11-2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
            5 goals on only 17 shots against is not what you want defensively in the playoffs, especially during the NCAAs. I feel very bad for SLU right now.
            So do I! The've got kind of a worst case/nightmare scenario going on. On the third goal, the first shorthanded, SLU looked liked they had a good PP going. Then I partially looked away, but I thought I saw the Saints just hand the puck over to BC to set up the shorty.
            Last edited by KTDC; 03-11-2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

New choolie...good experience for her...she has nothing to lose.

Comment

BC 6-0. It's a wrap folks.
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

I thought that the only likely blowout today was going to be UW vs RM...SL's Frozen Four dreams have been violently dashed against the rocks of reality.

Inability to hit the net...feeble shots...terrible performance in the clutch.

I ask again, where was Webster, Marchment and Miller's offense?

Can't help but feel badly for them but they wrote their own ticket.

They blowed up, they blowed up good, they blowed up real good.

Congratulations to BC.

Comment

Holy shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      Holy shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
                      iiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                        somewhere on this forum somebody said defense wins championships
                        SLU didn't, it wasn't even a warmup for BC to face WI

Comment

Here's my recap & highlights

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...-0-frozen-four

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                            I ask again, where was Webster, Marchment and Miller's offense?
                            They were sucked into the black hole of Megan Keller

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              Thanks. Good job as usual.

On the last goal, (I think it was), Reyes just lets Newkirk skate in unmolested and comfortably watches as her team gets scored on. And Webster did about the same thing on the same play because she was aware of Newkirk's presence. Both of them were making cocktails in the kitchen.

Comment

Working...
                              X