Minnesota vs Michigan State / March 10-11 - Making History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota vs Michigan State / March 10-11 - Making History

This might not be the worst season for the Michigan State hockey program, but it's going to be close. If Sparty drops both games this weekend, they'll finish the B1G regular season with a record of 7-24-3 (.250), the lowest W% since 1977-78 @ 7-27-2 (.222). The Spartans are 3-11-2 since the break. Will Tom Anastos be back next season? A lot of Spartan fans hope not. With losing seasons in the previous 4/6 under Anastos, it's time for a regime change.

At least a split this weekend guarantees a shared B1G regular season title for the Gophers, which would be an NCAA record 6 straight regular season titles. A sweep will not only win the B1G regular season outright, but COULD move the Gophers into 4th in PWR and a #1 seed depending on the outcome of the Western Mich./Omaha playoff series.

This weekend is the final series at Mariucci for seniors Jake Bischoff, Taylor Cammarata, Justin Kloos, Vinni Lettieri, Connor Reilly, and Mitch Rogge.
    Last edited by SteveO; 03-10-2017, 11:34 AM.

Re: Minnesota vs Michigan State / March 10-11 - Making History

Here's one Spartan fan who hopes there is a coaching change soon.

Comment

Also, Saturday marks the 500th game at Mariucci Arena. I will be in attendance.
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

For the arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
          This weekend is the final series at Mariucci for seniors Jake Bischoff, Taylor Cammarata, Justin Kloos, Vinni Lettieri, Connor Reilly, Mitch Rogge and Mike Szmatula.
          Did I miss an announcement that Szmatula would not be back next year? On the roster he's listed as a junior.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            Did I miss an announcement that Szmatula would not be back next year? On the roster he's listed as a junior.
            You are probably right. I looked at the USCHO Gopher roster for a check and he's listed as a SR. And I thought...hmmm...really? I'm going to edit that as a healthy scratch.

Comment

This is turning into a Kansas basketball/Big 12 situation. Just five (next year six) teams fighting for second place every year.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Congrats to the Minnesota Golden Gophers 2016-17 B1G regular season champions and an NCAA record 6 consecutive regular season championships. And we're back in 4th in the PWR, a #1 seed.

Comment

Last edited by SteveO; 03-10-2017, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X