PDA

View Full Version : UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

NorthMike
07-13-2017, 06:12 PM
At this point I'd be satisfied with a road win

😂

Drew S.
07-13-2017, 08:53 PM
So will you be OK if the team wins only 10-11 games and finishes 10th or 11th in Hockey East....myself I figure he [Gendron] needs to post a .500 season, say 16-16-2 or 15-15-4 regular season record and 7th or 8th place finish in Hockey East...because @ the Banquet in May he said that Maine would WIN HOCKEY EAST this season....hhhmmmmm, that's a lofty goal.

I wouldn't say I would be okay with it, but who knows what happens during the season. If Vesey, Michel, and Pearson all have major injuries that might be a good result. I don't think judging a season's success on wins and losses is a good way to go, especially with a team that is building itself up. I wasn't happy with the amount of wins last year, but was pretty happy with how they played and how individuals improved.

With all of that being said, I am very much looking forward to this season. It looks like another good freshmen class and I think Maine will have much better depth this year, in every facet of the game. My biggest concern is the top couple of lines, but hopefully as the season goes on they find a couple decent combinations. I'm very intrigued to see what the final roster looks like as Maine has way too many guys lined up right now.

walrus
07-14-2017, 05:09 AM
I wouldn't say I would be okay with it, but who knows what happens during the season. If Vesey, Michel, and Pearson all have major injuries that might be a good result. I don't think judging a season's success on wins and losses is a good way to go, especially with a team that is building itself up. I wasn't happy with the amount of wins last year, but was pretty happy with how they played and how individuals improved.

With all of that being said, I am very much looking forward to this season. It looks like another good freshmen class and I think Maine will have much better depth this year, in every facet of the game. My biggest concern is the top couple of lines, but hopefully as the season goes on they find a couple decent combinations. I'm very intrigued to see what the final roster looks like as Maine has way too many guys lined up right now.
All sports are judged by wins and losses, thats the idea. On paper they look better, I think its all on the staff now.They can either relate to these guys or they can't.

Bhall44
07-14-2017, 12:30 PM
Kyle Kawamura has signed with Powell River in the BCHL this season.
http://www.powellriverkings.com/kawamura-powell-river-bound-for-1718

Ma#1ne Hky
07-14-2017, 03:37 PM
All sports are judged by wins and losses, thats the idea. On paper they look better, I think its all on the staff now.They can either relate to these guys or they can't.Bottom line is Red Gendron has to produce.

Bhall44
07-24-2017, 12:59 PM
Kyle Kawamura has signed with Powell River in the BCHL this season.
http://www.powellriverkings.com/kawamura-powell-river-bound-for-1718

Another article with mention of Kawamura
http://www.prpeak.com/sports/kings/powell-river-kings-add-toughness-1.21070613

Bhall44
07-31-2017, 12:37 PM
SBN College Hockey posted the updated USHL protected and affiliate lists (https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/college-hockey-recruiting-ncaa/2017/7/28/16034342/ushl-protected-and-affiliate-lists).

Bloomington
Simon Butala-protected
Nick Capone-affiliate
Lynden Breen-affiliate

Cedar Rapids
Harrison Roy-protected

Fargo
A.J. Drobot-protected
Ben Meyers-protected
Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup-protected

Muskegon
Max Sasson-affiliate

Sioux Falls
Adam Dawe-protected

Waterloo
Max Bogdanovich-affiliate

Youngstown
Craig Needham-protected

Omission of Alexis Binner which suggests he will be in Orono this fall, Adam Dawe was added to the Sioux Falls protected list which adds another layer of confusion pertaining to his potential arrival, and Trevor Peca not showing up on Lincoln's protected or affiliate list suggests that perhaps he has chose to stick with Jr. Sabres program and play in OJHL this season. Surprising that Lincoln would not at least keep him on their affiliate list.

Drew S.
07-31-2017, 01:42 PM
SBN College Hockey posted the updated USHL protected and affiliate lists (https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/college-hockey-recruiting-ncaa/2017/7/28/16034342/ushl-protected-and-affiliate-lists).

Bloomington
Simon Butala-protected
Nick Capone-affiliate
Lynden Breen-affiliate

Cedar Rapids
Harrison Roy-protected

Fargo
A.J. Drobot-protected
Ben Meyers-protected
Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup-protected

Muskegon
Max Sasson-affiliate

Sioux Falls
Adam Dawe-protected

Waterloo
Max Bogdanovich-affiliate

Youngstown
Craig Needham-protected

Omission of Alexis Binner which suggests he will be in Orono this fall, Adam Dawe was added to the Sioux Falls protected list which adds another layer of confusion pertaining to his potential arrival, and Trevor Peca not showing up on Lincoln's protected or affiliate list suggests that perhaps he has chose to stick with Jr. Sabres program and play in OJHL this season. Surprising that Lincoln would not at least keep him on their affiliate list.

Does this also mean Brent Hill will be coming this year? Or is he going somewhere else?

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
07-31-2017, 02:21 PM
Does this also mean Brent Hill will be coming this year? Or is he going somewhere else?

Brent Hill will be with Carleton Place again in CCHL or Corpus Christi in NAHL.

Drew S.
07-31-2017, 02:31 PM
Brent Hill will be with Carleton Place again in CCHL or Corpus Christi in NAHL.

Hopefully he can stay healthy. It sounds like there is some potential there but he has had a lot of injury problems.

LTsatch
07-31-2017, 02:37 PM
According to the New Haven Register, Nick Capone will be playing at Salisbury School next season. https://www.pressreader.com/usa/new-haven-register-new-haven-ct/20170501/281956017683789

Bhall44
08-01-2017, 07:15 AM
According to the New Haven Register, Nick Capone will be playing at Salisbury School next season. https://www.pressreader.com/usa/new-haven-register-new-haven-ct/20170501/281956017683789

Nick has also been quoted in another article, from march or april, that he is playing for Salisbury this year.

Bhall44
08-28-2017, 06:13 AM
I have been travelling for work and not sure if this has been mentioned yet but Maine picked up another recruit from the Notre Dame Hounds pipeline, '01 Brad Morrissey from PEI. Very good commitment for UMaine. He was drafted 3rd round by Charlottetown this summer. Morrissey still has two more years of high school left which likely puts him 3 years away from Orono. A lot can happen between then and now. Just ask UNH fans, who had their great run of recruiting bubble busted with the recent Commesso announcement.

http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/sports/hockey/2017/8/28/islanders-top-pick-budgell-decides-not-to-play-major-junior-this.html

Snively65
08-28-2017, 08:50 AM
".......great run of recruiting bubble........" ???

Bhall44
08-28-2017, 09:28 AM

Haha sorry didn't review that one! Hadn't finished my morning coffee. Anyway, UNH has been on a good run as of late with recruiting and Commesso was arguably their biggest get and now he has decommitted. Sorry about the jumbled up thoughts. Should have been two sentences there. Thanks for catching.

walrus
08-30-2017, 06:01 PM
Just like Maines great run will end when this kid goes major jr

Bhall44
08-31-2017, 11:26 AM
For those interested below are notable upcoming junior hockey dates. The CCHL regular season gets underway this Saturday night and includes UMaine recruits Brent Hill (Carleton Place) and Jack York (Kemptville). The following weekend sees the BCHL, NCDC, and OJHL start their respective seasons.

CCHL: Sep 2 Regular Season Begins; preseason is complete
BCHL: Sep 8 Regulars Season Begins
NCDC: Sep 9 Regular Season Begins
OJHL: Sep 10 Regular Season Begin; preseason is complete
NAHL: Sep 13 Regular Season Begins
USHL: Sep 14 Preseason Begins; Oct 3 Rosters trimmed to 23; Oct 6 regular season begins
SJHL: Sep 15 Regular Season Begins

Maine Event
08-31-2017, 02:51 PM
For those interested below are notable upcoming junior hockey dates. The CCHL regular season gets underway this Saturday night and includes UMaine recruits Brent Hill (Carleton Place) and Jack York (Kemptville)....

Fyi ~ Jack York tweeted the following earlier this afternoon: "Excited to officially sign with the @OHLRangers can't wait to get things started"

Bhall44
08-31-2017, 08:14 PM
Fyi ~ Jack York tweeted the following earlier this afternoon: "Excited to officially sign with the @OHLRangers can't wait to get things started"

Thanks for the update

Snively65
08-31-2017, 08:53 PM
Haha sorry didn't review that one! Hadn't finished my morning coffee. Anyway, UNH has been on a good run as of late with recruiting and Commesso was arguably their biggest get and now he has decommitted. Sorry about the jumbled up thoughts. Should have been two sentences there. Thanks for catching.

".....UNH has been on a good run as of late with recruiting........"

Really? According to whom? Our lame duck head coach?