UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    Saw a post on a USHL message board where Levi Kleibor made Sioux City's initial roster. Though it isn't considered final until Oct. 3rd according to what I read. That is the deadline where the roster is to be down to 23. From what I read their roster is at 25 right now. So he has a decent chance at making Sioux City's roster on Oct 3rd.
    Is it a bad sign there was any doubt of him making it? If someone can’t get in a USHL side I’m not sure how much impact they’ll have at Maine.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      Is it a bad sign there was any doubt of him making it? If someone can’t get in a USHL side I’m not sure how much impact they’ll have at Maine.
      Well they limit the number of Canadian skaters. They have a tougher limit on imports from all other countries. So, it is a big deal that he makes it. You have to keep in mind that the USHL is the best preparer for NCAA hockey, and virtually all of the regulars go on to D1 teams. It is the most select league NCAA recruits come from.

Comment

Video on Thiessen...

https://***********/MJHLPistons/stat...103156225?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          He looks to be a big piece of the future

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            He looks to be a big piece of the future

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            He (Thiessen) along with Swayman next season (2019-20) should be no problems in net. And with a chance that after Swayman's Junior season could mean his ticket to a higher level (AHL) being a Draft choice of Boston...this would give a bridge to develop and get ready for a full time gig in net when Swayman leaves ("IF" he and the Bruins believe he's best suited to move up and not return for his Senior season). As always to win you need to always be solid in net...……….

Comment

I was checking out Beantown Summer Classic and I noticed future Blackbears Tim Gould(LD), Harrison Roy(RF), and Brad Morrissey(RF) all played on the same team in the committed division. Kevin Gould(LF), Tim's younger brother, played in the futures division. Imagine Maine must be recruiting him. He lead Notre Dame Argos(AA) team in scoring with 21 goals and 7 assists in 33 games.

Ben Guite was lised on the scout sign in sheet. As was former Blackbear and current scout for Florida Panthers Billy Ryan. Also on the scout sheet is former Black bear and current Assistant coach at Bently, Ben Murphy. Son of Shawn Walsh, Tyler was there as he is an assistant for Colby.

http://beantownclassic.com/events/summer-classic/

Comment

Even though Powell River's roster isn't up yet, we can see Kyle Kawamura is playing there again this season...

https://***********/BCHLKings/status...492830213?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  He (Thiessen) along with Swayman next season (2019-20) should be no problems in net. And with a chance that after Swayman's Junior season could mean his ticket to a higher level (AHL) being a Draft choice of Boston...this would give a bridge to develop and get ready for a full time gig in net when Swayman leaves ("IF" he and the Bruins believe he's best suited to move up and not return for his Senior season). As always to win you need to always be solid in net...……….
                  Ayuh.

Family is everything. Looks to me like he has that type. Seems like great hockey parents. And the type that Maine welcomes with open arms.
                  Last edited by BlackI; 08-28-2018, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Dallas Farrell(14 white) with a couple assists to help his Express(BCHL) team to a OT win.
                    https://youtu.be/JeyKvbs45w8

Comment

Nice article on Ben Poisson and his brother, Nick...
                      https://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/...use-1.23418624

Comment

USHL 30 man lists are out, and here is a way to get to the pdf... https://www.ushl.com/news_article/show/944928

These rosters will be cut down to 23 man rosters by Sep. 24th.

Cedar Rapids: Matt Osadick, Max Sasson, Harrison Roy
                        Central Illinois: Lynden Breen
                        Dubuque: Matt Thiessen
                        Fargo: AJ Drobot
                        Sioux City: Levi Kleiboer
                        Sioux Falls: Josh Langford
                        Tri City: Brad Morrisey
                        Youngstown: Craig Needham

Tri City Affiliate: Nick Cappone

Comment

Hockey East recruiting class rankings

https://www.hockeyjournal.com/hockey...018-19-season/
                          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

BCHL regular season starts tonight followed by NAHL and SJHL next weekend. We will have to wait until Sep 24 to find out final roster spots for a couple of recruits whose future is still up in the air. As always check keep an eye on the UMaine recruit page (linked in my signature below) to keep abreast of player movement and performance. I have also been adding additional content from previous years.

Osadick and Sasson in Cedar Rapids face a young and crowded camp. 4 or 5 forwards will be cut. Both have three seasons of junior eligibility. If either were cut I would not be surprised or upset. With that being said I think they both have an above average chance of making the final roster, particularly Sasson who's game lends itself to so many different roles.

All has been quiet on the Max Bogdanovich front. He is not on any USA Hockey affiliate lists, nor have I caught wind of any prep school targets. Leaves me to believe he will be remaining with the Jr. Bruins program either with U18 or NCDC team.

Ben Beck is no longer with Maryland (NAHL). Not sure where he is headed and after the addition of Josh Langford last year I am not sure if he is in Maine's future. Look for him to try and catch on with a NCDC team.

Josh Langford faces an uphill battle, given his age, at Sioux Falls camp and barring injury or something unforeseen will likely be in Chippewa (NAHL) this winter. A goalie going from U16 to USHL is a pretty big jump. From a development perspective I would like to see him get a year of seasoning in the NAHL prior to USHL.

Brad Morrissey is pretty well locked in at Tri-City the only way he returns to Notre Dame this year is if he is facing a 4th line role and isn't happy with that. Honestly, this is such an unlikely scenario I didn't even want to mention it but to be fair I did.

Compared with previous years this is as near crystal clear as we have seen for UMaine recruits during the pre-season.
                            UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

I don't know on Bogdanovich. I can ask a few guys I know near Portland/Falmouth. He is kind of flying under the radar. Strange a Mainer committed to Maine isn't getting more attention(from media).

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                I don't know on Bogdanovich. I can ask a few guys I know near Portland/Falmouth. He is kind of flying under the radar. Strange a Mainer committed to Maine isn't getting more attention(from media).
                                Be great to see a Mainer come to Maine instead of heading south
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X