Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    He was #4 in the final central scouting rankings for North American goalies, I was stunned he fell that far. I expected him taken in the fourth or fifth round. Lingering injury concerns perhaps?
    A few weeks before the Draft I figured he'd be Drafted in the late 4th or late 5th round, then after watching the NHL Network for a couple weeks leading into the Draft, I thought with so many goaltenders available that he would not even get Drafted and if he did it would be late 6th or 7th round....either way he did get selected which means some team or teams saw something they liked....next he needs to heal up on his late season injury, get ready for the MJHL { possible @ USHL?} play and head to Maine to team up with Swayman in 2019-20 season.
    Last edited by Ma#1ne Hky; 06-24-2018, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
      Exactly. With the increase in talent and depth at the NCAA level over the past decade-plus NHL teams are happy to let drafted players develop in NCAA. Pearson is a good example of that - 15 years ago he leaves after sophomore year. Also, players who go un-drafted are realizing the power of patience when it comes to negotiating and not jumping at the first offer. 10 years ago Tralmaks jumps at his first or second offer and maybe plays one or two seasons in NCAA. Instead players like Zack Aston-Reese are proving that if you wait and drive your stock up over a 3 or 4 seasons that more teams start bidding for services and you can get a better offer and situation. Even drafted players are more frequently waiting for graduation so they can become free agents and choose the best situation for themselves (much to the ire of major juniors). The post 2005 NHL-CBA world initially favored the teams but now the player's hockey advisers and agents have figured out how to sway deals in the player's favor. I think this is good for college hockey as it has a positive feedback on talent and competition on the ice. Although, I do expect a future CBA to curb some of this - even though NHL headquarters moved to New York the CHL still has a lot of clout.
      Speaking of Tralmaks, evidently he has been invited to 10 nhl development camps.
      https://***********/MarkDivver/statu...280672256?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        Speaking of Tralmaks, evidently he has been invited to 10 nhl development camps.
        https://***********/MarkDivver/statu...280672256?s=19
        He has the talents, he tends to be a streaky type player {imo}….points of the game he is in all there plays and then there are times he's not visible….he still needs seasoning and a good place is College Hockey for another 2 season, this year and next.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
          A few weeks before the Draft I figured he'd be Drafted in the late 4th or late 5th round, then after watching the NHL Network for a couple weeks leading into the Draft, I thought with so many goaltenders available that he would not even get Drafted and if he did it would be late 6th or 7th round....either way he did get selected which means some team or teams saw something they liked....next he needs to heal up on his late season injury, get ready for the MJHL { possible @ USHL?} play and head to Maine to team up with Swayman in 2019-20 season.
          Not sure, this article claims he's back in MJHL for another season. My guess is Dubuque gives him a shot to play into the roster early in the season. But, who knows.

https://www.straight.com/news/109425...cks-2018-draft

Comment

He has the talents, he tends to be a streaky type player {imo}….points of the game he is in all there plays and then there are times he's not visible….he still needs seasoning and a good place is College Hockey for another 2 season, this year and next.
            Let's hope you are correct. If you are wrong you owe me a beer. If you are right Walrus owes me a beer.
            Last edited by BlackI; 06-24-2018, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Let's hope you are correct. If you are wrong you owe me a beer. If you are right Walrus owes me a beer.
              A win/win situation for you...……...or 1 bag of pucks and 1 left and 1 right handed stick to be named later.
              Last edited by Ma#1ne Hky; 06-25-2018, 01:57 AM.

Comment

A win/win situation for you...……...or 1 bag of pucks and 1 left and 1 right handed stick to be named later.

Watched nesn tonight where they showcased Samoset, Sugarloaf, and Bell Grade Lake...

Must be the off season where I am playing golf. Four!

Comment

USA Hockey Boy Select 17 (2001) development camp kicks of Wednesday. Nick Capone and Josh Langford are teamed up together for Team Black.
                  UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

This article by Larry states Thiessen is playing for Dubuque(USHL)
                    https://bangordailynews.com/2018/06/...-in-nhl-draft/

Bhall44, do you think Drobot is coming in this season? I saw you have it that way on your roster projection chart. But I saw he attended Fargo camp, and he is considered the top returning center for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Am I the only one who doesn't care what wahlstrom does? He isnt coming to Maine so .....I dont doubt he is going to be good, probably walk right around Maines d every time they play.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      Who?

Comment

This article by Larry states Thiessen is playing for Dubuque(USHL)
                        https://bangordailynews.com/2018/06/...-in-nhl-draft/

Bhall44, do you think Drobot is coming in this season? I saw you have it that way on your roster projection chart. But I saw he attended Fargo camp, and he is considered the top returning center for them.
                        The only way Thiessen is not in Dubuque this fall is if he doesn't want to be there. Drobot is likely to head back to Fargo but as this point is not a lock - by end of July we will know for sure, if not sooner. To remove the "guess work" out of the roster projection I require pretty overwhelming evidence from both media and industry colleagues before making a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                          The only way Thiessen is not in Dubuque this fall is if he doesn't want to be there. Drobot is likely to head back to Fargo but as this point is not a lock - by end of July we will know for sure, if not sooner. To remove the "guess work" out of the roster projection I require pretty overwhelming evidence from both media and industry colleagues before making a change.
                          Ok, sounds fair. Are the others listed as USHL locks at this point? If so it is encouraging to see so many playing in what is the best league for NCAA recruits.

Comment

Ok, sounds fair. Are the others listed as USHL locks at this point? If so it is encouraging to see so many playing in what is the best league for NCAA recruits.
                            Actual "Locks" don't happen until first week of October when teams have to drop rosters down to 23 before start of regular season. July 9, when USHL teams have to submit 30 man protected lists, is the next best thing to a lock. I have listed, to use legal jargon, "beyond a reasonable doubt" locations. A lot can happen between now and the start of the season.

Comment

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey...n-dallas-draft

Comment

That is a good read. Thanks for the link.

I see Thiessen is on Canucks camp roster.
                                https://***********/NHLVanProspects/...639281153?s=19

Also, here is a good interview of Dallas Farrell. He is very well spoken...
                                https://***********/BCHLExpress/stat...383902720?s=19

Comment

Working...
                                X