UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Didn't see where anyone posted. If I missed it sorry for the duplication. Maine received a commitment for '00 RD Jack York.

http://centraljuniorhockeyleague.ca/...ws/news_484592
    UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
      Didn't see where anyone posted. If I missed it sorry for the duplication. Maine received a commitment for '00 RD Jack York.

http://centraljuniorhockeyleague.ca/...ws/news_484592
      Sounds like a decent get. I wonder if he is a replacement for Michel and/or Holway? I don't want either to leave early but at the same time hope they have great seasons next year.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Brent Hill scored 5 goals and 5 assists helping Carleton Place win their 4th straight league title.
        Brady Keeper captained the OCN Blizzard to league runner-up and earned player of the year honors along the way.
        Eduards Tralmaks is tearing it up right now. Tomorrow night is the game 5 rubber match against Youngstown. stream games at hockeytv.com

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Sounds like a decent get. I wonder if he is a replacement for Michel and/or Holway? I don't want either to leave early but at the same time hope they have great seasons next year.
          York still 2 years away
          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Half way through USHL Phase I draft and three UMaine commits have been selected.

Rd-3 Pk-38: Nick Capone - Bloomington

Rd-3 Pk-47: Max Bogdanovich - Waterloo

Rd-5 Pk-70: Lynden Breen - Bloomington

Link to Jeff Cox's top prospect list
            Last edited by Bhall44; 05-01-2017, 08:22 PM. Reason: update link

Comment

Bad news on Breen. It looks like those teams expect him to go to the Q.

Comment

Not really bad news. Just the process of Futures & Affiliate list. Teams take best players with no flight risk in the first couple rounds. Breen's situation hasn't changed. Good news/bad news barometer will be team performance/coaching change in the next couple seasons.

Comment

Eduards Tralmaks is continuing his tear. Third in USHL playoff scoring. 4-2-6 in 7 games. He is really seeing the game well. Totally different player from when he came back from injury/played in World Juniors.

Comment

USHL Phase II draft - UMaine Recruits
                    Rd-8 Pk-124 - A.J. Drobot - Fargo
                    Rd-10 Pk-158 - Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup -Fargo
                    Rd-19 Pk 303 - Max Sasson - Muskegon

Assuming all 3 are on the final 23 man roster, Fargo will have a distinct future UMaine flavor next year, with Ben Meyers, A.J. Drobot, and JSS. Dallas Farrell and Jack Moran were not selected and as far as I am aware are not on any affiliate list. Farrell, a '99, put up a very good season for the Jr. Bruins this year. Seems as though he would of drawn interest. Perhaps he does not want to move to Midwest? If anyone has specifics on Farrell I would appreciate knowing more. Presumably Jack Moran prefers to stick with Sean Tremblay. As of now only two other UMaine recruits are not affiliates of a USHL team, Jack York who will presumably remain in CCHL and Ben Beck who, if not taken in NAHL draft (June 6th) will likely play one more year in Europe prior to coming to US for a year of juniors prior to Orono.

Comment

Some information on new UMaine committ Veli-Matti Tiuraniemi. Dubuque is currently tied 1-1 with Chicago in their second round playoff matchup. The two teams square off tonight in for games 3 and 4. Saw him play a couple games this year. Very good offensively, moves the puck well, smart player. Much more mobile than two regulars from last years UMaine team. Adds to international flavor of this season's freshman class, students might need a couple extra flags. Very good late pickup. No doubt blue line will have more talent in the upcoming season. Will be crowded. Look for somebody to redshirt and/or perhaps another departure.

http://www.dubuquefightingsaints.com...s&referrer_id=

Comment

Some information on new UMaine committ Veli-Matti Tiuraniemi. Dubuque is currently tied 1-1 with Chicago in their second round playoff matchup. The two teams square off tonight in for games 3 and 4. Saw him play a couple games this year. Very good offensively, moves the puck well, smart player. Much more mobile than two regulars from last years UMaine team. Adds to international flavor of this season's freshman class, students might need a couple extra flags. Very good late pickup. No doubt blue line will have more talent in the upcoming season. Will be crowded. Look for somebody to redshirt and/or perhaps another departure.

You left out the most important part; he's a lefty. I'm very happy about this but you wonder what the offsetting move will be. I would expect two of Becker, Muehlbauer, and herner won't come back. I still don't buy that Herner is anything special.

Comment

Well lets hope that this can start a new beginning in fixing the Defensive part of Maine's game in there back end, along with making it easier getting out of there own end with a d-man that can get the puck out of the zone without turnovers....positive, but again only time will tell. This along with re-shaping the goaltending where it is a strong point and not a question mark each and every series then maybe the Rebuild has started forward....maybe. Goaltending and Defense needs to be Maine's strong point from the get-go.

Comment

Anone interested in listening to tonights Chicago vs. Dubuque USHL matchup (8:00 ET) can listen for free at the link below. Eduards Tralmaks and VMT will square off against one another. As always hockeyTV has the video for a fee.

http://www.chicagosteelhockeyteam.com/broadcast

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              You left out the most important part; he's a lefty. I'm very happy about this but you wonder what the offsetting move will be. I would expect two of Becker, Muehlbauer, and herner won't come back. I still don't buy that Herner is anything special.
                              With the late addition of VMT I don't see any off the incoming recruits threatening Muehlbauer. Herner is the only Dman I have not seen personally so tough to say where he fits in. I wouldn't sleep on him, but at the same time 10 players vying for 6 starting spots and a couple of depth options really makes things interesting for sure. If I had to guess, as of today top 5 are Hamilton, Michel, Muehlbauer, Holway, Binner then VMT and Keeper splitting weekends. Spicer doesn't offer the offensive upside of VMT & Keeper but he is good defensively and certainly could work his way into regular playing time. Becker is really stands out to me as the likely odd man out unless somebody redshirts (Spicer/Keeper).

Comment

With the late addition of VMT I don't see any off the incoming recruits threatening Muehlbauer. Herner is the only Dman I have not seen personally so tough to say where he fits in. I wouldn't sleep on him, but at the same time 10 players vying for 6 starting spots and a couple of depth options really makes things interesting for sure. If I had to guess, as of today top 5 are Hamilton, Michel, Muehlbauer, Holway, Binner then VMT and Keeper splitting weekends. Spicer doesn't offer the offensive upside of VMT & Keeper but he is good defensively and certainly could work his way into regular playing time. Becker is really stands out to me as the likely odd man out unless somebody redshirts (Spicer/Keeper).
                                I thought Muelbauer looked much better last season compared to his freshman season. I doubt he is going anywhere. If Herner couldn't get into the lineup last season I see little hope for him.
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X