UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    I watch a lot of Gopher hockey, and what you say has been true for a while, but at least Minnesota is in the hunt every year... Not so, Maine.
    Minnesota in the hunt every year?....really?

You've lost it.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

You've lost it.
      At this point for him, "in the hunt" means "not Maine."

Comment

• Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

You've lost it.
        I think you can say that each and every year Minnesota {much as I hate to say it along with giving BC any credit also} has a chance to be good and with that they will dot the Top 15 all year long and be a factor in there Conference play and be in or at a NCAA bid to boot.....but could care less if they made it but facts are facts they do have talent each and every year, they don't keep all of it around for more then 2 years but they replace talent and not go into the rebuild mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
          I think you can say that each and every year Minnesota {much as I hate to say it along with giving BC any credit also} has a chance to be good and with that they will dot the Top 15 all year long and be a factor in there Conference play and be in or at a NCAA bid to boot.....but could care less if they made it but facts are facts they do have talent each and every year, they don't keep all of it around for more then 2 years but they replace talent and not go into the rebuild mode.
          They may have talent every year but they are not "in the hunt" every year.

Comment

NY Times: USHL Attracts Europeans - Scmidt-Svestrup Mentioned
            Last edited by BlackI; 01-04-2018, 06:33 PM.

Comment

USHL/NHL Top Prospect game is tomorrow night. Link below to all the info, media kit, news release etc.

http://www.ushl.com/news_article/sho...rer_id=2650742

Harry Roy is the lone UMaine commit competing. The Great Dane was selected but will not compete due to injury.
              UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                USHL/NHL Top Prospect game is tomorrow night. Link below to all the info, media kit, news release etc.

http://www.ushl.com/news_article/sho...rer_id=2650742

Harry Roy is the lone UMaine commit competing. The Great Dane was selected but will not compete due to injury.
                What is the injury to great Dane?

Comment

They may have talent every year but they are not "in the hunt" every year.
                  whatever

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                    What is the injury to great Dane?
                    Nothing serious, just illness he was battling during WJC still not better.

Comment

Quick update on some recruits.

-Reminder to catch Harry Roy in the USHL/NHL Top Prospects game tonight. Great honor for him and exciting for Maine fans to see him getting NHL attention.
                      -Despite battling illness during the WJC, the Great Dane scored the shootout winner to avoid relegation and ensure Denmark's place in the WJC next year. Great to see a future black bear pulling through in a BIG moment for his team.
                      -Adam Dawe 12 goals are good for 9th in the USHL.
                      -Still trying to obtain official confirmation but it appears Brett Hill is no longer committed to UMaine. I will continue to update his information on the recruit page until I know for sure. Brett is a good depth player with a great work ethic, forecheck, and a little scoring touch. I expect this is a numbers casualty.
                      -Dallas Farrell battled some nagging injuries in the first half of the season but appears back and is once again completely tearing up the NCDC. 4 goals and 2 assists in three games in 2018. Despite playing in only 26 games he is 11th in the league in scoring.
                      -I've had the chance to watch a couple more Matt Thiessen games. He is good. Reminds me a lot of Swayman. Would not be surprised to see him pop up on NHL Prospect Lists in the future.
                      -Ben Beck has really struggled with consistency this year. He flashes athleticism but you can tell he is still figuring out how to move his 6'8" frame. Will definitely need another year of junior hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                        Quick update on some recruits.

-Reminder to catch Harry Roy in the USHL/NHL Top Prospects game tonight. Great honor for him and exciting for Maine fans to see him getting NHL attention.
                        -Despite battling illness during the WJC, the Great Dane scored the shootout winner to avoid relegation and ensure Denmark's place in the WJC next year. Great to see a future black bear pulling through in a BIG moment for his team.
                        -Adam Dawe 12 goals are good for 9th in the USHL.
                        -Still trying to obtain official confirmation but it appears Brett Hill is no longer committed to UMaine. I will continue to update his information on the recruit page until I know for sure. Brett is a good depth player with a great work ethic, forecheck, and a little scoring touch. I expect this is a numbers casualty.
                        -Dallas Farrell battled some nagging injuries in the first half of the season but appears back and is once again completely tearing up the NCDC. 4 goals and 2 assists in three games in 2018. Despite playing in only 26 games he is 11th in the league in scoring.
                        -I've had the chance to watch a couple more Matt Thiessen games. He is good. Reminds me a lot of Swayman. Would not be surprised to see him pop up on NHL Prospect Lists in the future.
                        -Ben Beck has really struggled with consistency this year. He flashes athleticism but you can tell he is still figuring out how to move his 6'8" frame. Will definitely need another year of junior hockey.
                        Thanks for the update. Any news on Meyers and how he's been? I know he was off to a slow start, but I'm interested in what he could do.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                          Thanks for the update. Any news on Meyers and how he's been? I know he was off to a slow start, but I'm interested in what he could do.
                          He had a good first half. 3 line LW on the best team in USHL. Working on PK too. I am still bullish on him having a breakout second half. Cary Eades is one of the best coaches in the USHL as well. Great opportunity to have three future black bears playing for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                            He had a good first half. 3 line LW on the best team in USHL. Working on PK too. I am still bullish on him having a breakout second half. Cary Eades is one of the best coaches in the USHL as well. Great opportunity to have three future black bears playing for him.
                            Is Drobot the 4th line LW? And does he kill penalties too? And I assume great Dane is RW on first line and first power play unit?

Comment

Max Bogdanovich named to 16U Allstar team
                              Jack Moran and Dallas Farrell named to NCDC Allstar team

Comment

Yeah, they are, as much as I hate them, especially when compared to Maine's recent track record.

(BTW, are you and amkirby twin sisters who were both dropped on your heads at birth..? Just asking.)

Comment

Working...
                                X