Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: #8 NU @ #2 BU...For A Trip to the Garden

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
    The penalty was a marginal one end of story...as was the one on Fabbro and the one on ZAR...
    I have to disagree. BU's best player splits through two guys and is unable to shoot because one of the guys is hooking his stick/glove from behind. While Keller wouldn't have been right in the slot (he had drifted a little to the right of the net), he still would have been able to get a testing shot on, IMHO. The only argument I could see for not calling it is the "don't let a PPG decide a playoff game argument", but that went out the window when they called the penalty on Fabbro with 4 minutes to go, which I feel was a poor call (I think Fabbro just outmuscled ZAR, mostly because he had good position/leverage).

I do think the Beanpot call 2 years ago (undoubtedly part of what Madigan was thinking about when he made his comment) should not have been made, even though it may have been a penalty. Although the goal that followed was really on the goalie, IMHO - a wrist shot from pretty far out.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
      I do think the Beanpot call 2 years ago (undoubtedly part of what Madigan was thinking about when he made his comment) should not have been made, even though it may have been a penalty. Although the goal that followed was really on the goalie, IMHO - a wrist shot from pretty far out.
      I thought it was a slapshot from Grezlyk.. pretty good one at that, though i may have wrong gm..
      That call was atrocious, you have that right.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
        I can see it now...the day won't be far when someone will be able to "edit" the tape before the official looks at the replay. You can laugh...but I'm not.
        Sean pointed out how there are specific things that a ref can review. You ignored that by claiming that in order to review a zone entry (a zone entry which takes like a tenth of a second), they'd have to review every single thing that has happened over five minutes of game time. Your posts never make any sense. And then you follow it up with the quote above. I just don't even know what to say. I feel like maybe this modern world with cell phones and video cameras capable of rewinding has become too much for you and has had a negative impact on your mental health.

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
          I thought it was a slapshot from Grezlyk.. pretty good one at that, though i may have wrong gm..
          Yes and end of story.

For everyone's sake, let's not open up than can of worms ever again

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            defkit didn't say it was "atrocious." It was only questionable due to the timing. Had the same infraction occurred early in the game, there'd be little griping. As for Grzelcyk's GWG, it was a snapshot from the left circle that he delayed until Saucerman moved over and Grzelcyk used him as a screen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-LR...ure=youtu.be&a
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
              defkit didn't say it was "atrocious." It was only questionable due to the timing. Had the same infraction occurred early in the game, there'd be little griping..
              That's just it.. they let a lot go all gm that gm (both ways) & suddenly decided to change the rules in ot & make a weak, (spineless) call.

Both.. atrocious.. & water under the bridge in my book.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                defkit didn't say it was "atrocious." It was only questionable due to the timing. Had the same infraction occurred early in the game, there'd be little griping. As for Grzelcyk's GWG, it was a snapshot from the left circle that he delayed until Saucerman moved over and Grzelcyk used him as a screen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-LR...ure=youtu.be&a
                Yeah, I hate situational refereeing. If it's a penalty one minute into the first game of the season, then it's a penalty with ten seconds left in the last game of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  I have to disagree. BU's best player splits through two guys and is unable to shoot because one of the guys is hooking his stick/glove from behind. While Keller wouldn't have been right in the slot (he had drifted a little to the right of the net), he still would have been able to get a testing shot on, IMHO. The only argument I could see for not calling it is the "don't let a PPG decide a playoff game argument", but that went out the window when they called the penalty on Fabbro with 4 minutes to go, which I feel was a poor call (I think Fabbro just outmuscled ZAR, mostly because he had good position/leverage).

The call was made on Fabbro because he took his hand off his stick and touched the NU player with it. The problem was that he jabbed him, he didn't grab or hold the NU player, or leave his hand in the player's body. Very bad call and a perfect example of college hockey officiating - call something they think they see rather than calling (or, in this case, not calling) what they actually saw.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                    The call wouldn't have been atrocious if your defense didn't let Eichel and O'Regan beat them to the net nine seconds into overtime :P
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                      The call was made on Fabbro because he took his hand off his stick and touched the NU player with it. The problem was that he jabbed him, he didn't grab or hold the NU player, or leave his hand in the player's body. Very bad call and a perfect example of college hockey officiating - call something they think they see rather than calling (or, in this case, not calling) what they actually saw.
                      Especially after an egregious holding on NU went uncalled a couple of minutes before that in the BU attacking zone went uncalled. The NU guy took his hand off his stick, wrapped it around the BU player and prevented him from moving up the boards with the puck. The problem last night was the officials were inconsistent as hell both ways and lost control of the game. What was a penalty one minute wasn't the next. They tried to control the jawing and jabbing before faceoffs and after whistles and failed miserably, it lead to some of the worst executed faceoffs by the linesmen I've ever seen. They talked to both captains after the second period, which is already too late, presumably telling them to cut the crap, and the teams came right back out in the third and did the same stuff all over again with no repercussions.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                          I just don't even know what to say.
                          Good...then shut up.

Comment

NU up 2-0 then gives up a single powerplay goal in the second.....I've seen this story before...
                            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

death
                              taxes
                              bu pp

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Please let there be madigan sound after this game

Comment

Working...
                                X