X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by johnk View Post
    Yes.
    You have to love when people don't think about e-mailing others (or probably in your case, another form of communication) in order to try to get information. This is why I believe Conger will be at RPI next year or suffer contractual penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      You have to love when people don't think about e-mailing others (or probably in your case, another form of communication) in order to try to get information. This is why I believe Conger will be at RPI next year or suffer contractual penalties.
      I agree that he may still come, and I hope that he comes. He is however experienced with getting out of NLOIs.

I appreciate that you posted this here.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I agree that he may still come, and I hope that he comes. He is however experienced with getting out of NLOIs.

I appreciate that you posted this here.
        He may have experience, but he still has to convince RPI to say "Yes". And unless he's going to the CIS or the ECHL (that or thereabout), he's running out of eligibility time.

And how else would I have received that info? Contrary to popular belief, I don't just pull random stuff out my ***. You might see a lot of commentary from me, but when it's fact, I have ways of backing it up, even if non-disclosure is requested.

Comment

Yes.
          John K is plugged in. Just sayin.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

This story is very disturbing. Three men whose numbers are in the rafters of HFH have spoken to the problems with Lee and Shirley. Lee’s press conference after the firing was disgraceful; give the man some dignity. The search and resource allocation has been so poorly handled that the pantheon of RPI greats had to interject themselves. Shirley is like a bad football owner; there teams never win because they don’t put then in a position to win. Not only was SA aka MFGC not helped but Fridge was left high and dry. Coach Barr has many challenges ahead, my best to him. Mark me down as wanting Jooris w/ John K.
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
              John K is plugged in. Just sayin.
              That sounds shocking.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                That sounds shocking.
                I thought this thread was electrifying enough, and we didn't need to raise the voltage...

Comment

I had a big long reply laid out for johnk and RegalFan but the board ate it and I don't want to go back over it.

A few points:

Mark Jooris has an impressive junior record and his name popped up with an open OHL position last off-season. If he has interest in the position I do hope the school heard him out on it. From what I know about him he does have a passion for his alma mater, that combined with his record should have made him a candidate if he was interested.

RegalFan suggested that only 20% of schools have alums at the helm, the actual number is close to twice that from this past season (although that could go down with Anastos and Kyle getting canned).

I'm curious as to his support for Riga over Barr - Riga doesn't have any head coaching experience that I've seen. With the Boston Jr. Bruins he was an assistant in charge of recruiting (in a pay to play league). His record with Union and Quinnipiac in recruiting is quite impressive. But the only major thing he has over Barr is the length of his career to date. If it's not Barr and Jooris isn't an option, I'd certainly love to go with Riga and it wouldn't be a consolation at all. He'd be a great get.

Gosek I think would be an outstanding selection, I just want to know more about what he's looking for in seeking a drastic career change. Smith I'm really not sold on at all. Seems like a good guy but I'm just hard-pressed to see how he represents a clear change from what we already had with Appert. I think even the most ardent Appert haters would probably prefer him still being there over moving to someone who's about the same or even potentially not up to that level.
                  Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by realet View Post
                    I had a big long reply laid out for johnk and RegalFan but the board ate it and I don't want to go back over it.

A few points:

Mark Jooris has an impressive junior record and his name popped up with an open OHL position last off-season. If he has interest in the position I do hope the school heard him out on it. From what I know about him he does have a passion for his alma mater, that combined with his record should have made him a candidate if he was interested.

RegalFan suggested that only 20% of schools have alums at the helm, the actual number is close to twice that from this past season (although that could go down with Anastos and Kyle getting canned).

I'm curious as to his support for Riga over Barr - Riga doesn't have any head coaching experience that I've seen. With the Boston Jr. Bruins he was an assistant in charge of recruiting (in a pay to play league). His record with Union and Quinnipiac in recruiting is quite impressive. But the only major thing he has over Barr is the length of his career to date. If it's not Barr and Jooris isn't an option, I'd certainly love to go with Riga and it wouldn't be a consolation at all. He'd be a great get.

Gosek I think would be an outstanding selection, I just want to know more about what he's looking for in seeking a drastic career change. Smith I'm really not sold on at all. Seems like a good guy but I'm just hard-pressed to see how he represents a clear change from what we already had with Appert. I think even the most ardent Appert haters would probably prefer him still being there over moving to someone who's about the same or even potentially not up to that level.
                    Tom, thanks for the well thought out reply. Not sure if you got my email. Can tell you more offline. Jooris and McElroy have spoke.

Comment

I feel for all the RPI alums and fans. Take it from a Michigan Tech alum/fan, until the administration is serious about winning, it will be more of the same. You need wealthy alum to fund it like a D1 program. The MTU alumni stepped up and told the AD to go and get Mel Pearson.
                      "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Losing a leading scorer is a pretty normal thing and assuming that no one leaves early we have a good returning group of forwards. Hopefully Burgess returns to full strength. (Has anyone heard about him?) The four freshmen we are expecting should also be able to contribute.

Personally I think that Reno will be a loss also but if neither Prapavessis nor Wilson leave and Grant returns to form we should talent there. It is still in my opinion not clear which recruits among Babichuk, Cho, Harris, and Tuliara are coming. As I have written several times I would be very surprised if there are 12 defensemen on the roster.

Lastly, Linden Marshall should be an able first back up to Perry and his eventual replacement. He has put up good numbers in the BCHL, probably the most offensive minded league which we recruit from.

Lastly #2 At this point I hope for more than a home playoff series. I definitely hope for a trip to LP in March.
                        If it hasn't been mentioned here previously, Burgess was on crutches at the pizza party. As a guy who's had his fair share of knee surgeries, I can attest that his being on crutches this far removed from surgery is not a good sign.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by johnk View Post
                          Tom, thanks for the well thought out reply. Not sure if you got my email. Can tell you more offline. Jooris and McElroy have spoke.
                          If those two have spoken, I guess we can throw the whole "ignoring alumni" narrative out the window. 😜 Sorry, couldn't resist - this place needs some levity right about now.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            If it hasn't been mentioned here previously, Burgess was on crutches at the pizza party. As a guy who's had his fair share of knee surgeries, I can attest that his being on crutches this far removed from surgery is not a good sign.
                            You are aware that Burgess had a second operation. The surgery involved a bone craft, just like his first operation.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              You must not have noticed it was the opposite knee this time.

Comment

I did not receive your e-mail. You may want to try my address that is available at WaP.
                                Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X