X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Good lord, are you ever bitter.
    RC: Some people are all about statistics. That never tells the whole story and in fact, often tells no story. He was fun and exciting to watch and gave everything he had when he played. That is all that should matter. i prefer my players to be unselfish out there and i wold take a bunch of players like him on my team any time.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      RC: Some people are all about statistics. That never tells the whole story and in fact, often tells no story. He was fun and exciting to watch and gave everything he had when he played. That is all that should matter. i prefer my players to be unselfish out there and i wold take a bunch of players like him on my team any time.
      He had a good gene pool, and learned from some of the best. He was fun to watch.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        We mathematicians are all about statistics.

I suspect that he was playing through a lot of injuries, some of which we did not know about.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          I would assume that Lou was on a scholarship. Now there is a student athlete that put that money to work in a very efficient manner.
          A kid getting a first class education from his prowess for playing hockey isn't efficient?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            We mathematicians are all about statistics.

I suspect that he was playing through a lot of injuries, some of which we did not know about.
            I would be inclined to believe the same, given the times he wasn't in the lineup, combined with the fact he's retiring instead of trying to turn pro. And yes, I get he could get quite a bit towards a MS...

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Troy Record article about Nanne leaving and some repeat info about the company helping us look for a hew coach http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...r-coach-search
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 28 March 2017. There are 187 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                        Anyone know the other three?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                          With all due respect to whoever the candidates are, I'd hope that Jason Lammers, Dan Muse, and Bill Riga are the other three.

Because I'm reasonably certain I'd be instantly satisfied with any of those four.
                          Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                            With all due respect to whoever the candidates are, I'd hope that Jason Lammers, Dan Muse, and Bill Riga are the other three.

Because I'm reasonably certain I'd be instantly satisfied with any of those four.
                            My gut feeling is that it is unlikely that any of the others are listed as Familiar Faces in your recent blog post, for those would likely have been mentioned. So the three whom you mention are very possible. Of course, I am rarely correct about these things.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

.....so their “sources” say 4 candidates but they only mention Barr. Do they not even know the other 3?.....were they instructed not to reveal the other 3?......or, like so much that passes as legit news today, there is no “source” & they merely are repeating a name that everyone is familiar with?
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post

I know I'm quite intrigued by Lammers, given he does have both some regional and some college HC experience, even if it's at the D-III level and only one year (2nd in the SUNYAC only to Oswego), although I do wonder what's up with all the moving around. If we're really concerned about regional recruiting, though, Muse is also intriguing.

I can understand Barr being the "front runner", given he's an alumnus.

Comment

Working...
                                X