X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Brad Tapper left RPI after his junior year. Did he ever return to complete his degree or complete it somewhere else? I am pretty sure that a requirement is a college degree.
    Did not return to complete his degree but is not many credits from completion. At this time i would doubt much interest as he is being considered for other positions at a much higher level. No question he would help offensively and is great with younger players but probably would not have any of the recruiting connections necessary.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

It appears that, although RPI will still play WPI, that will not be a Liberty League game. Springfield and Kings Point are gone from the schedule altogether. While there has been talk about Ithaca and Alfred joining the Liberty League and both of those are on RPI's schedule for this season, those are not indicated as Liberty League games, either.

So, if I'm understanding correctly, that means the Liberty League will have only five members for football this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        That schedule looks rather odd. How many Liberty league games do we play?
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Did not return to complete his degree but is not many credits from completion. At this time i would doubt much interest as he is being considered for other positions at a much higher level. No question he would help offensively and is great with younger players but probably would not have any of the recruiting connections necessary.
          Thanks. I figured that you would know.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            That schedule looks rather odd. How many Liberty league games do we play?
            The d3football website indicates that Ithaca is now a member of the Liberty League, so apparently that will be a league game, even though the RPIathletics website does not indicate so. If that's correct, then RPI will play five league games.

d3football shows that WPI, Springfield, and Kings Point have all joined the NEWMAC, while Alfred will remain a member of the Empire Eight, at least for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
              The d3football website indicates that Ithaca is now a member of the Liberty League, so apparently that will be a league game, even though the RPIathletics website does not indicate so. If that's correct, then RPI will play five league games.

d3football shows that WPI, Springfield, and Kings Point have all joined the NEWMAC, while Alfred will remain a member of the Empire Eight, at least for this year.
              Ithaca thinks they are in the Liberty League too. http://athletics.ithaca.edu/schedule.aspx?path=football
              FWIW, a daughter of one of my cousins is currently a sophomore there.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                From Salisbury Prep. Does have 1 yr. as an AC with the “Tute. Has done a terrific job at the Prep level. http://www.eliteprospects.com/staff.php?staff=12629 .......just to add, when I say terrific job I’m not just referring to W/L (which is excellent) but also in his recruiting to Salisbury. A boat load of his players have gone on to D1.

interesting thought - a lot of NHL guys send their kids to Salisbury. basically the same formula as BU or BC - kids only stay at Salisbury for a year or two then head off to NTDP or USHL. definitely wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                  I will be there. Will let you know. Hopefully Dr Lee will let us know on any updates regarding our new coach. Will post any updates tonight.
                  Back from the pizza party. Not a lot to report. Dr Lee talked about the coaching position. He wouldn't mention names, but said there has been a lot of interest from outside. There are several people involved in the hiring process, including the AC's, SAJ and the AD, several former players and some alumnus. He did say there will be an announcement in a couple of weeks.
                  Most of the rest of the conversation was about the renovation of HFH. Once again, he wouldn't go into details but there will be a significant amount of $$ involved. They will be going into further detail around October.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                    Back from the pizza party. Not a lot to report. Dr Lee talked about the coaching position. He wouldn't mention names, but said there has been a lot of interest from outside. There are several people involved in the hiring process, including the AC's, SAJ and the AD, several former players and some alumnus. He did say there will be an announcement in a couple of weeks.
                    Most of the rest of the conversation was about the renovation of HFH. Once again, he wouldn't go into details but there will be a significant amount of $$ involved. They will be going into further detail around October.
                    how would you gauge the mood of the players regarding the whole situation?

Comment

• Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                      how would you gauge the mood of the players regarding the whole situation?
                      I really didn't chat with any of the players except for Prapavessis, who BTW said that he will be returning next season. But the impressions that I noticed was more of acceptance on what happened then anything else.

Comment

I really didn't chat with any of the players except for Prapavessis, who BTW said that he will be returning next season. But the impressions that I noticed was more of acceptance on what happened then anything else.
                        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                          Any fans going to Northern Ireland for the Friendship Four? I see where Maine has employed a travel agency to offer a week long stay and sight see.
                          Myself and one of my friends will be making the trek - booked our flight through Stewart (hooray Norwegian direct flights for cheap!) and will be enjoying two weeks on the Emerald Isle.
                          Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                            Myself and one of my friends will be making the trek - booked our flight through Stewart (hooray Norwegian direct flights for cheap!) and will be enjoying two weeks on the Emerald Isle.
                            I was thinking about it, but I don't think I will be going. Sort of tempting to see Northern Ireland in combination with hockey. By the way, Maine visits RPI for two games in mid October. If Maine and RPI can some how win the first Friendship Four game they will face each other 3 times in just over a month. Enjoy your trip.

Comment

Today is 23 March 2017. There are 192 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks for the info. Good to hear that an announcement is expected soon.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X