2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

So BC posed for a picture with their trophy today. Where's Lowell's trophy?

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
      On USCHO Live last night, Bertagna said he was going to BC today for a photo op with the trophy and then take the trophy to Lowell sometime this week for a similar photo op. At this point, only BU is in possession of an actual trophy as the second is with Bertagna.
      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
        On USCHO Live last night, Bertagna said he was going to BC today for a photo op with the trophy and then take the trophy to Lowell sometime this week for a similar photo op. At this point, only BU is in possession of an actual trophy as the second is with Bertagna.
        Well that's some bull****
        BS UMass Lowell 2015
        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
          Well that's some bull****
          Eh - its like the AFC Championship trophy. We want the one that truly matters.
          University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

I usually agree with Jayson Moy when he does his bracketolgy blog every Wednesday...but this week goes off the tracks big time. Maybe I am just being a homer, but he says "he is worried about attendance in Manchester as there is only one hockey east school (UML) there". He then swaps UML out for BU...still only putting one hockey east school there. He places us in Cincinnati...then goes on to moving us to Fargo. Now I totally understand we are 3 weeks away from this really mattering...but the fact he thinks not having UML in Manchester is not a very strong idea is strange to me. I would go as fas as saying putting UML in Manchester should be 1 of the top priorities as far as attendance goes.

Comment

Originally posted by UML03 View Post
              I usually agree with Jayson Moy when he does his bracketolgy blog every Wednesday...but this week goes off the tracks big time. Maybe I am just being a homer, but he says "he is worried about attendance in Manchester as there is only one hockey east school (UML) there". He then swaps UML out for BU...still only putting one hockey east school there. He places us in Cincinnati...then goes on to moving us to Fargo. Now I totally understand we are 3 weeks away from this really mattering...but the fact he thinks not having UML in Manchester is not a very strong idea is strange to me. I would go as fas as saying putting UML in Manchester should be 1 of the top priorities as far as attendance goes.
              Read the article earlier today and have the same sentiments as you. I would have to think that the NCAA reps that actually create the brackets would recognize this. Earlier in Jason's article he mentioned that he has been correct in 5 of the past 6 years. My guess is that his record will now go to 5 of 7.
              University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                Read the article earlier today and have the same sentiments as you. I would have to think that the NCAA reps that actually create the brackets would recognize this. Earlier in Jason's article he mentioned that he has been correct in 5 of the past 6 years. My guess is that his record will now go to 5 of 7.
                Moy's methodology is correct, he just made a sloppy mistake swapping out one HEA team for another when he said the region needed another HEA team. Obviously this isn't the final prediction so it has zero relevance on whether he will be correct or not in the final prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                  Moy's methodology is correct, he just made a sloppy mistake swapping out one HEA team for another when he said the region needed another HEA team. Obviously this isn't the final prediction so it has zero relevance on whether he will be correct or not in the final prediction.
                  Yeah, it feels as though at times he is seeking a reaction. Or he will drop a, just for fun, and report it as his final bracket for the week. Its fine, but until the last week its not having any effect on his "record"
                  BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Originally posted by UML03 View Post
                    It's creating quite a buzz in the comment section of his blog today where normally you don't see Lowell fans usually commenting but this has brought them out. Makes no sense as Lowell leads HE in attendance by a wide margin and is 8th in the country. NCAA has to see this as well as how many fans they've drawn to the regionals in Bridgeport, Manchester, and Worcester the past few years. Huge numbers and you would think the NCAA wouldn't want to lose that. Plus what a slight to Lowell but it's only Moy's prediction, not the NCAA final bracket so if he keeps Lowell out west and the NCAA has them rightfully in the east in the end, he goes to getting it right two out of seven years.
                    Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

http://pic.***********/I7gOwiVm1X
                      What did you say?
                      Who own the Chiefs?
                      What did he say?
                      Owns! Owns!

Comment

It's creating quite a buzz in the comment section of his blog today where normally you don't see Lowell fans usually commenting but this has brought them out. Makes no sense as Lowell leads HE in attendance by a wide margin and is 8th in the country. NCAA has to see this as well as how many fans they've drawn to the regionals in Bridgeport, Manchester, and Worcester the past few years. Huge numbers and you would think the NCAA wouldn't want to lose that. Plus what a slight to Lowell but it's only Moy's prediction, not the NCAA final bracket so if he keeps Lowell out west and the NCAA has them rightfully in the east in the end, he goes to getting it right two out of seven years.
                        I think this might be the one year they have a chance to "save" Cincinnati. If they can get WMU v Penn State and somehow get OSU/Notre Dame in there too. WMU and Penn State will both bring fans since they haven't been there in a while/ever. OSU should attend at least.

If NoDak makes the tourni Fargo is set (throw in Minnesota as the 1 seed in the region because UMD and Denver can't first round with UND). Legit does not matter who else ends up in that regional.

The East and Northeast will need a bit of help, but it shouldn't be difficult to pull off. A few things I expect they will try to do if possible would be Cornell and Harvard in the same regional, would absolutely draw a crowd for the regional final since its the only game Harvard alums would care about. Getting PC in Providence will help, but if they are the only team not flying that will be >5k fans simply because PC can't draw more than 4k as it is. That'll be an empty arena. Throw Lowell or BU in there and you fix it. Union won't draw enough, but will bring some too.

Manchester with Lowell or BU plus Harvard and Cornell
                        Providence with Lowell or BU plus PC

I don't think they can do much better than that, unless BC makes it
                        BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
                          #1 seed, last to handle the hardware. Hockey East is fixed

Comment

#1 seed, last to handle the hardware. Hockey East is fixed
                            Ha! That's my line, trademarked from the first HE semi-final in Providence when the refs screwed Lowell out of a trip to the final as they called a penalty, took Lowell's goal putting them 2 up on BC away, and Lowell ultimately lost by 1 goal. We came up with Hockey East is Fixed on the spot, chanting that. Fun times along with the next night's final.
                            Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

It will be funny if he puts PC in Providence in his final bracket and they end up going west this time. Probably won't happen though.

Tyler Wall has been named Goaltender of the Month:
                              http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/pres...703/mar1mh.php

Comment

We have a lot more interested in the program and very few new posters... they're out there
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X