2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Seal Lady was (is?) a fairly antagonistic regular fan at the Whit. Took delight in dissing the opposing fans rather than just cheering for her team's success or bemoaning the downsides. I always thought she was pretty classless, a stark contrast to the vast majority of the home crowd when I went up there. I've generally enjoyed my visits there with many fans offering friendly greetings.
    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
      Seal Lady was (is?) a fairly antagonistic regular fan at the Whit. Took delight in dissing the opposing fans rather than just cheering for her team's success or bemoaning the downsides. I always thought she was pretty classless, a stark contrast to the vast majority of the home crowd when I went up there. I've generally enjoyed my visits there with many fans offering friendly greetings.
      Why Seal Lady? Did she wear a fur coat? Disparage UML by making seal-like sounds, motions or balancing a ball on her nose?
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
        Agreed. We saw her at Durham in January and she was at Tsongas last year. Still her old, fun loving self.
        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

I hope that discipline show was on purpose

Otherwise, there's a lot to be worked on and very little time left to do it.... they can't be letting anger and emotions take over if they want to take home hardware.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
            I hope that discipline show was on purpose

Otherwise, there's a lot to be worked on and very little time left to do it.... they can't be letting anger and emotions take over if they want to take home hardware.
            The refs were straight up trash tonight. Lowell was getting called for the same crap UNH was getting away with.

Lowell outplayed UNH for the second night in a row, except tonight Wall didn't put them behind the 8 ball in the first period. If not for an absolutely ridiculous decision by two Lowell penalty killers to jump up into the offensive zone and completely ignore their defensive responsibilities coupled with a just as ridiculous decision by the first two penalty killers to pass to the trailer on a 2-on-1 and miss horribly that game is a shut out. I would really appreciate it if Lowell wouldn't commit a horrific turnover that leads to a goal in game three, two gimmes is enough.
            Lowell Forever
            Forever Lowell

Comment

Good outcome last night as Lowell's compete level was much better and they played with much more pace to their game and as 5 man units. I really like the fact that they had some grit to their game and played with some physicality. Even though this team is not designed or has the make-up to wear teams out with their physical play , they are a much better team who they finish checks and win battles on the walls and tough areas of the ice. I agree that they need to be more disciplined as the penalties last night could have been a difference against a team with a more potent power play. Their PK last night was very good.

In that regard, Lowell needs to get their power play going. The break has certainly impacted the timing. The fact that there are no right-handed shots on either of the first 2 units really affects the options they have and the points of attack. Teams have now viewed enough film on Lowell now to defend against this. The second unit has become very predictable in their attack while the first unit has enough skill to create different options but needs to make quicker decisions and more simple plays in succession as opposed to always looking for the text book play. The PP has been a big part of this team's offence and will need to get on track very soon if they are going to have continued success.

You work hard all year to get home ice advantage. This plus Lowell's depth should give them the edge in today's deciding game. A strong start, good specialty teams, making good, smart decisions and recognizing when to make simple plays will be important factors in a Lowell victory today.

Comment

My boy cox at game rooting for unh what a foney

Comment

• Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                  Go away please. I crap on the NU and bu trolls, I'd really prefer to not have to deal with your idiocy too
                  BS UMass Lowell 2015
                  PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                    First of all, I don't root for anyone in the press box. Secondly, I shouldn't even reply, but here's my tweet...really seems to be that I'm rooting for the Wildcats:

https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                      Go away please. I crap on the NU and bu trolls, I'd really prefer to not have to deal with your idiocy too
                      This x 1000. Where does Cox even infer he's rooting for UNH?
                      Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                        First of all, I don't root for anyone in the press box. Secondly, I shouldn't even reply, but here's my tweet...really seems to be that I'm rooting for the Wildcats:

Pay no attention to the troll. He only embarrasses himself. Just put him on ignore Jeff.
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

whats a foney
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            whats a foney
                            Thank cox you brought out the. Best Evan though your all bu

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                              Thank cox you brought out the. Best Evan though your all bu
                              Um...where did you learn how to write?

Comment

See everyone at the garden at 5pm on Friday.

Comment

Working...
                                X