Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
    Think you came around on my second one here...were you ever on HF?
    Are you a politician? Perhaps a spokesman for the president? I ask a question, don't get a specific answer, and find you've answered with a question of your own. What is HF referring to?
    Last edited by HHound; 02-28-2017, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
      Are you a politician? Perhaps a spoken for the president. I ask a question, don't get a specific answer, and find you've answered with a question of your own. What is HF referring to?
      I would guess Hockey Futures board. Far more focused on NHL/draft pick stuff.
      BS UMass Lowell 2015
      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
        Are you a politician?
        We all are...

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
          I would guess Hockey Futures board. Far more focused on NHL/draft pick stuff.
          Check out #22

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwi...kings/d-i-men/

Comment

Is your chest starting to hurt from the amount you have been pounding it the last 48 hours?
            BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Is your chest starting to hurt from the amount you have been pounding it the last 48 hours?
              Using a scale of 1-10 with 1 being your wit...5 being your tortuous sentence structure....and 10 you trying to think...

Last edited by Gr8Sk8M8; 03-01-2017, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Actual hockey content instead of whatever is happening to the board:

The Case for Zach Aston-Reese winning the Hobey Baker Award. Comparisons to Vecchione and Kelleher.
                http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...yler-kelleher/
                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post

The Case for Zach Aston-Reese winning the Hobey Baker Award. Comparisons to Vecchione and Kelleher.
                  Interesting read. On the first table when you looked at Opp win% did you include their records against the team you are actually considering? It probably won't make a huge difference, but for the story you are trying to tell it would be more exact. Additionally, how is it possible that teams Kelleher has played OOC have played >120 more games than NU or Union's opponents. Also since Union plays Ivy League opponents I find it surprising their opponents have played 37 more games than NU, as they have 6 in conference opponents who play nearly 10 fewer games than NU's equivalent opponents.

I am not a huge fan of punishing a player for being on the ice when empty net goals are scored for their team. For one thing it means they were on the ice in crucial situations. Secondly it means they succeeded in those crucial situations. From a pure points perspective its interesting to track, but I am not sure it can be considered a huge negative.
                  BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Interesting read. On the first table when you looked at Opp win% did you include their records against the team you are actually considering? It probably won't make a huge difference, but for the story you are trying to tell it would be more exact. Additionally, how is it possible that teams Kelleher has played OOC have played >120 more games than NU or Union's opponents. Also since Union plays Ivy League opponents I find it surprising their opponents have played 37 more games than NU, as they have 6 in conference opponents who play nearly 10 fewer games than NU's equivalent opponents.

I am not a huge fan of punishing a player for being on the ice when empty net goals are scored for their team. For one thing it means they were on the ice in crucial situations. Secondly it means they succeeded in those crucial situations. From a pure points perspective its interesting to track, but I am not sure it can be considered a huge negative.
                    Northeastern's OOC games tended to be two games series against the same team, so their total games played would only count once (For example, QU played NU twice, but their 34 game schedule only counted one time). UNH played teams predominantly one time each, in fact they did not play a single one of their out-of-conference opponents twice. So while they played the same number of OOC games, the fact that UNH played more teams meant there were more records to be included in the calculation of winning percentage. The same logic applies to why Union has more games in their calculation than NU, in spite of the Ivy League teams. Of Union's 11 OOC games, only twice did they play the same opponent twice.

If that was a butchered, incoherent explanation I apologize.
                    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

If that was a butchered, incoherent explanation I apologize.
                      It wasn't...frankly I am surprised you understood Oppenheimer's gibberish...

Comment

Good article...ZAR is the best NCAA player I've seen all season and it's not even close...I'll go one further...by late January/early February of last season, he was the best in the NCAA and I believed, for sure, that he would not be returning for this season...

Comment

Using a scale of 1-10 with 1 being your wit...5 being your tortuous sentence structure....
                          ...torturous.
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                            ...torturous.
                            His works too actually.
                            BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                              ...torturous.
                              Uh...no...of the two, tortuous/torturous, I picked the one that I wanted...had it been even worse than it was, then a third option - tortious - was available...

Comment

• Tort reform..
                                I'm all for it.
                                GO NU HOCKEY
                                Always bullish on the future.
                                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X