Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Originally posted by Richard View Post
    If it was possible to hate BU more after watching that game last night I accomplished it
    At least it's not just against NU that they get calls in OT. That game was a perfect example of how the majority of a team can play poorly and you can still beat a good team if your goalie stands on his head. Hopefully Primeau is/becomes that guy for us going forward.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard View Post
      If it was possible to hate BU more after watching that game last night I accomplished it
      Why? Because they managed to do what NU couldn't last season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Northeastern won a trophy last year...
        BS UMass Lowell 2015
        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
          At least it's not just against NU that they get calls in OT..
          So, BU didn't get a penalty in OT??? I guess Greenway was just gassed and decided to sit in the box for a couple of minutes. Understandable. I also obviously missed that their game winning goal was a PPG.

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
            Northeastern won a trophy last year...
            True, it was pretty awesome to see that. They didn't beat North Dakota in the NCAAs though. In case you missed my reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              No, they lost. Then they go to replay where they have no conclusive evidence the guy was offsides but they reversed the call only B ****ing U gets that call. And you're really going to compare the North Dakota team last night to the North Dakota team they had last year. Just more BU arrogance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No, they lost. Then they go to replay where they have no conclusive evidence the guy was offsides but they reversed the call only B ****ing U gets that call. And you're really going to compare the North Dakota team last night to the North Dakota team they had last year. Just more BU arrogance.

Except they did have conclusive evidence. That's why it was overturned.

Comment

Except they did have conclusive evidence. That's why it was overturned.
                  I guess you saw footage that they didn't show on TV. Do I think he was offsides yes I think he was but did they have conclusive evidence to show it, no you can only infer that he was offsides iand the rule is you have to have conclusive evidence but that doesn't matter if your BU if your BU you get the call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    True, it was pretty awesome to see that. They didn't beat North Dakota in the NCAAs though. In case you missed my reference.
                    I got it, just confused why you're beating your chest
                    BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                      I got it, just confused why you're beating your chest
                      I wasn't beating my chest at all. Just taking a snarky guess as to why Richard now hates BU more than ever. You're reading far too much into it.

Comment

I guess you saw footage that they didn't show on TV. Do I think he was offsides yes I think he was but did they have conclusive evidence to show it, no you can only infer that he was offsides iand the rule is you have to have conclusive evidence but that doesn't matter if your BU if your BU you get the call.

I'm thinking the refs saw footage TV viewers didn't. And the footage I saw showed he was offsides. Baaaaaarely. But still, offsides. Now, if you want to join the group here who think that replays shouldn't be used for things like offsides, or that the offsides happened so much before the goal was scored, that is a legit argument. I'm ambivalent about the whole replay thing, personally. If it wasn't in existence, game would be over. But it is, they used it, they saw the play was offsides and called it. My team benefitted so I'm glad it is in existence.

Comment

I'm thinking the refs saw footage TV viewers didn't. And the footage I saw showed he was offsides. Baaaaaarely. But still, offsides. Now, if you want to join the group here who think that replays shouldn't be used for things like offsides, or that the offsides happened so much before the goal was scored, that is a legit argument. I'm ambivalent about the whole replay thing, personally. If it wasn't in existence, game would be over. But it is, they used it, they saw the play was offsides and called it. My team benefitted so I'm glad it is in existence.
                          I agree with this. The angle from behind the play showed him clearly offsides, IMO.

Someone made a very good point about replay, I forget where. Twitter I think. They said a team's season hangs in the balance of a call like that. Given that, take all the time you need to make the right call.
                          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• i gotta agree with the last 2 posts (nuhusky, scarlet).. i think if that gm was a regular 'in season' gm.. maybe they dont take that much time & und gets the benefit in that ot.

but because it was a one & done ncaa gm.. they took their time to make the call way they did. it is what it is.

hopefully bu can make something out of that (from yesterday).. if not.. duluth was my pick moving on from that region anyway, with denver taking it all in the end.
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport
                              Analysis of Lowell win with quotes:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...-bazin-schafer
                              1. This is the NU thread

2. JOE Gambardella
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Vecchione, ZAR's top Hobey rival, tied him in points today with a single assist. Union lost 10-3 to Penn State. ZAR/Vecchione had 63 points in 38 games. IMO that bad a loss *has* to be a negative in Vecchione's candidacy column. They didn't just lose. They got embarrassed. Anyone who tries to refute that by saying 'it's not a team award' no longer can hold NU's record or lack of tournament play against them as a negative.
                                Last edited by NU_Husky; 03-25-2017, 06:49 PM.
                                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X