PDA

View Full Version : Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Thiessen'sBetter
03-23-2017, 01:00 AM
https://theathletic.com/46281/2017/03/22/blackhawks-prospect-dylan-sikura-explains-decision-to-return-to-northeastern-for-senior-season/

Not a huge secret, but Sikura will be back in the fall. Now we wait on Nolan...

NU_Husky
03-23-2017, 07:48 AM
I continue to maintain offense will not be an issue next year. Sikura and Gaudette should both be in the running for the Hobey Baker Award. It'll come down to progression of the defense (projected to have all 6 regulars back) and if Primeau can adapt quickly

Thiessen'sBetter
03-23-2017, 11:42 PM
I continue to maintain offense will not be an issue next year. Sikura and Gaudette should both be in the running for the Hobey Baker Award. It'll come down to progression of the defense (projected to have all 6 regulars back) and if Primeau can adapt quickly

I agree they'll score a lot again. I do have questions if the secondary scoring will be there more than it was this year so the big guys don't have to have multi-point games every game for us to be a good team. That will depend on guys like Griffin, Schule, Pec, Jozy and of course, the new freshmen.

Gr8Sk8M8
03-24-2017, 09:07 AM
How does ZAR not win the Walter Brown?

UML Puck Hawk
03-24-2017, 09:10 AM
How does ZAR not win the Walter Brown?

WINZ. Plus Center vs Wing

Gr8Sk8M8
03-24-2017, 09:21 AM
WINZ. Plus Center vs Wing

It's not noocyoolar science, here...

Playerz: Better (ZAR) v. Not as good...

And ZAR centered and played both wings...Versatile v. Not So Much...

UML Puck Hawk
03-24-2017, 09:34 AM
It's not noocyoolar science, here...

Playerz: Better (ZAR) v. Not as good...

And ZAR centered and played both wings...Versatile v. Not So Much...

I'm not saying I totally agree, though I believe Gambardella is absolutely deserving. The fact is voters care about wins. And when defense comes into the conversation, and its a push between the two player (which most would agree it is) then the benefit of the doubt is given to the center who has more defensive responsibilties.

The answer to your original question is because the voters thought he was more deserving than ZAR

Gr8Sk8M8
03-24-2017, 09:50 AM
I'm not saying I totally agree, though I believe Gambardella is absolutely deserving. The fact is voters care about w nm,ns. And when defense comes into the conversation, and its a push between the two player (which most would agree it is) then the benefit of the doubt is given to the center who has more defensive responsibilties.

The answer to your original question is because the voters thought he was more deserving than ZAR

I am sure that those sympathetic to the ECAC voted for Hayden et al...make that case...

UML Puck Hawk
03-24-2017, 10:01 AM
I am sure that those sympathetic to the ECAC voted for Hayden et al...make that case...

Well, the press release said it was close between Kelleher, ZAR, and Gambardella. As to why someone would vote for someone outside of those 3, it is likely due to them not seeing those 3 regularly, and voting with what they see. You see it all the time. I am not trying to defend uneducated voters, simply point out the logic they would use to come to the conclusion that Gambardella was the best American born player in New England.

Richard
03-25-2017, 09:53 AM
If it was possible to hate BU more after watching that game last night I accomplished it

Thiessen'sBetter
03-25-2017, 02:52 PM
If it was possible to hate BU more after watching that game last night I accomplished it

At least it's not just against NU that they get calls in OT. That game was a perfect example of how the majority of a team can play poorly and you can still beat a good team if your goalie stands on his head. Hopefully Primeau is/becomes that guy for us going forward.

Scarlet
03-25-2017, 03:01 PM

Why? Because they managed to do what NU couldn't last season?

UML Puck Hawk
03-25-2017, 03:02 PM

Northeastern won a trophy last year...

Scarlet
03-25-2017, 03:04 PM
At least it's not just against NU that they get calls in OT..

So, BU didn't get a penalty in OT??? I guess Greenway was just gassed and decided to sit in the box for a couple of minutes. Understandable. I also obviously missed that their game winning goal was a PPG.

Scarlet
03-25-2017, 03:05 PM
Northeastern won a trophy last year...

True, it was pretty awesome to see that. They didn't beat North Dakota in the NCAAs though. In case you missed my reference.

Richard
03-25-2017, 03:05 PM

No, they lost. Then they go to replay where they have no conclusive evidence the guy was offsides but they reversed the call only B ****ing U gets that call. And you're really going to compare the North Dakota team last night to the North Dakota team they had last year. Just more BU arrogance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scarlet
03-25-2017, 03:08 PM
No, they lost. Then they go to replay where they have no conclusive evidence the guy was offsides but they reversed the call only B ****ing U gets that call. And you're really going to compare the North Dakota team last night to the North Dakota team they had last year. Just more BU arrogance.

Except they did have conclusive evidence. That's why it was overturned.

Richard
03-25-2017, 03:10 PM
Except they did have conclusive evidence. That's why it was overturned.

I guess you saw footage that they didn't show on TV. Do I think he was offsides yes I think he was but did they have conclusive evidence to show it, no you can only infer that he was offsides iand the rule is you have to have conclusive evidence but that doesn't matter if your BU if your BU you get the call.

UML Puck Hawk
03-25-2017, 03:11 PM
True, it was pretty awesome to see that. They didn't beat North Dakota in the NCAAs though. In case you missed my reference.

I got it, just confused why you're beating your chest

Scarlet
03-25-2017, 03:20 PM
I got it, just confused why you're beating your chest

I wasn't beating my chest at all. Just taking a snarky guess as to why Richard now hates BU more than ever. You're reading far too much into it.