Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
    Huge moment in the game even though it was still the first period......Oettingers desperation stop on Davies back door wide open shot. Might have been enough right there.
    Time & Space.. the better teams give you less of both.

Had he had a bit more time.. he (Davies) could have roofed it as well. I noticed same thing on couple of our clearing passes.. one resultimg in their G becauae we could not make a simple clearing pass.
    The powerplay looked terribly off as well.. was a factor of the above i believe and we did not adjust.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Originally posted by HHound View Post
      I can agree with that. I was told differently, but plans can be changed. The USHL seems to be a finishing school for D1 hockey players. The player who could have benefitted from the USHL is Lincoln Griffin, who was accelerated and came a year early. I saw very little improvement from his freshman year.
      He's at the top of the list...1b is Trevor Owens...
      Last edited by Gr8Sk8M8; 03-11-2017, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
        Time & Space.. the better teams give you less of both.

Had he had a bit more time.. he (Davies) could have roofed it as well. I noticed same thing on couple of our clearing passes.. one resultimg in their G becauae we could not make a simple clearing pass.
        The powerplay looked terribly off as well.. was a factor of the above i believe and we did not adjust.
        The PP was like watching a game of PattyCake...

IF Davies is a rightie then it's a goal...

If If If...a senior player NHL draft pick knows he should take as much of the open ice as he can before dumping the puck and then seeing the turnover stays on the ice instead of changing...if if if Ruck reacts to the cross ice pass in real time...if if if ZAR hits the open net instead of sending it over the house...if if if...the 4th line isn't on the ice for an extended shift in a 2-1 road game...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
          He's at the top of the list...1b is Trevor Owens...
          On a positive note you know who's not on that list? Matt Filipe. Holy smokes can that kid skate. And lost in the Oettinger save was the perfect pass he made to set up Davies. Going to be a great player for NU sooner rather than later.
          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
            On a positive note you know who's not on that list? Matt Filipe. Holy smokes can that kid skate. And lost in the Oettinger save was the perfect pass he made to set up Davies. Going to be a great player for NU sooner rather than later.
            x2

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
              Huge moment in the game even though it was still the first period......Oettingers desperation stop on Davies back door wide open shot. Might have been enough right there.
              Made possible because McAvoy got sucked across the crease and didn't cover him, leaving the back door wide open. He did it again a few minutes later.

Comment

Owens in for Schechter
                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  Made possible because McAvoy got sucked across the crease and didn't cover him, leaving the back door wide open. He did it again a few minutes later.
                  I would love to have a Charlie McAvoy on our team but does anybody else think that he is a bit overrated. I've seen him play live many times and the kid can hit, but I don't see him standing out. I think he is smart but not a shut down defenseman that he is talked about.
                  These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

• 2 goal lead (uggh).. deja vu?

60 minutes team.. let's put in the 60 team!

Oh & Go Sieve1 !
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                      I would love to have a Charlie McAvoy on our team but does anybody else think that he is a bit overrated. I've seen him play live many times and the kid can hit, but I don't see him standing out. I think he is smart but not a shut down defenseman that he is talked about.
                      This x1000

Comment

• W or L, the pp looking much better tonight though we not able to bury the chances.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• C'mon guys.. 60 minutes with discipline!
                          Full 60 tonight!
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

20 minutes to keep our season going...let's go!
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                              I can't really disagree with this.

Comment

• Cant believe this is happening again.. but its happening again.. to us.

God Bless all NU fans everywhere!
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X