UA_ vs. UAA the five hole edition, 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Ha. But then again, if the Nanooks didn't cheat and play with players who were INELIGIBLE - for THREE years ... would UAA maybe have won the Cup during those years? We will never know. It wasn't a case of one or two guys being on the ice who shouldn't have been, there were SIX ineligible players playing.
    Well, perhaps. In the meantime we are 12-7-1 (10-4-1 not counting the playoffs) in the remaining 4.5 years against UAA. Even if UAA sweeps this weekend I'd say we are still doing just fine against our rival.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Re: UA_ vs. UAA the five hole edition, 16-17

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
      I have a flight down tomorrow morning. I don't really want to spend more time in that city than I feel like I have to. But I have a friend that I haven't seen in a while.

But as I gather some things to pack
      What to pack for an overnighter in town, the village checklist.....

Quest card

Premade cardboard sign

Print map to homeless camp buddy squatting in

Declare my pot and pipes so no hassle

Bring up to max for buddy

A tin of muck to share

Cleanest pants and shirt as they get uppity when they can advise you what you ate for the last week off your outfit

Mickey Mouse boots as might get slushier than prison tennis shoes can take

Orange vest cuz they don’t bring it to a halt or drive around you

Towel and soap to shower at Ben Boeke before game

Wood smoke deodorant

Sleeping bag

Head lamp

Fake I D with no red stripe

Dump treasures for homeless camp show and tell time
      Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 02-24-2017, 01:25 PM.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
        Even if UAA sweeps this weekend I'd say we are still doing just fine against our rival.
        UAA vs. ALASKA FAIRBANKS series record: UAA leads 89-61-12. .....OK I believe you.
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
          UAA vs. ALASKA FAIRBANKS series record: UAA leads 89-61-12. .....OK I believe you.
          Glory days, well they'll pass you by...
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

This is the best thread of the season - If you're in the Lower 48, eating popcorn while reading it.

Comment

Glory days, well they'll pass you by...
              But the cheating era is like a bad tattoo, it will never go away and UAC is who you are.

Comment

Dear 'Nooks fans, I have prime trolling material up on my site if you're into that sort of thing...

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Friendly reminder to all those Nanook fans coming on down, your sports teams are the Alaska Nanooks.

Not UAF, not Fairbanks, but we will also accept the AAC&SoM if you are so inclined.

Again, for years you have been getting this wrong, UA not UA_.

Can't even properly root for your own team, only in _________.
                  Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    Dear 'Nooks fans, I have prime trolling material up on my site if you're into that sort of thing...

GFM
                    Go. A. Way.
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
                      Is it weird I was kind of hoping you'd pick UAA?

Comment

• Re: UA_ vs. UAA the five hole edition, 16-17

Suze, seriously — what's the problem with posting this? You'd be fine with it if UAA were regularly favored to win. Are you mad because you're usually seeing me pick UAA to get dropped like a bad habit every week? Let me assure you that it's just as little fun for me to do it for UAH.

And Squarebanks, the math is the math. I don't put my thumb on the scale.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Also, this isn't the UAA thread. I was asked not to post it there, and I haven't, and I won't..

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            Suze, seriously — what's the problem with posting this?
                            As I like to say, you can't spell Anchorage without rage.

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

And Squarebanks, the math is the math.

GFM
                            I know.

Comment

As I like to say, you can't spell Anchorage without rage.
                              Can't spell failure without UAF.

Edit:Can't spell failure with UA.
                              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                Go. A. Way.
                                JFC the attitude you guys give off make me ashamed to be a UAA fan. You guys are pathetic.

UAF fans, I'd say something but considering UAA hasn't won anything beyond a playoff series in years it's kind of pointless.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X