Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Pairwise Predictor

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR!

My annual Pairwise predictor is live. Instructions are self-explanatory, but basically input results in the drop downs and it will spit out the resulting Pairwise rankings.

Let me know if you have any questions or any other bug reports. And also, any interesting scenarios you can find.

NOTE THAT IT'S A HUGE FILE IT WILL SOMETIMES TAKE 5 SECONDS OR SO TO UPDATE THE NEXT ROUNDS WITH THE RESULTS YOU ENTERED. It will also not display an updated Pairwise until all results are entered.

Enjoy!

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...boston-college

Click here to go to the Predictor!
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 02-20-2017, 09:49 AM.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Re: 2017 Pairwise Predictor

Playing around, it looks like to have three WCHA teams host, Minnesota has to beat UMD in a WCHA semifinal and either Clarkson or St Lawrence needs to lose prior to the ECAC final. All that assumes that all of the relevant teams sweep their first round conference series. This remains true even if North Dakota or Ohio State beats Minnesota in the WCHA final.

Comment

My playing with the predictor:

If Clarkson can win the ECAC Championship they will get the #2 seed in the tourney as far as I can tell.
      If they lose in the ECAC Semifinals they finish anywhere from #3 to #6 as far as I can tell.
      If God Forbid they lose in the first round, any other team but SLU wins the ECAC and there is an upset winner in the WCHA or HE, say Bemidji or BU, Clarkson is out of the NC$$.
      Last edited by vicb; 02-19-2017, 06:38 PM.
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

All BC needs to have happen to miss the tournament is (1) don't win Hockey East and (2) have SLU and Clarkson lose the ECAC. Or UMD/UM/UW in the WCHA but that's not happening.

That's... amazing and awful.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          All BC needs to have happen to miss the tournament is (1) don't win Hockey East and (2) have SLU and Clarkson lose the ECAC. Or UMD/UM/UW in the WCHA but that's not happening.

That's... amazing and awful.
          I have been playing around a bit. The only one to me that no matter what is in the NC$$ Tourney is Wisconsin. Anyone else in the Top 8 right now, lose in the opening round of your tournament and have upset champions in 2 or all 3 of the 3 conferences (WHE, WECAC and WWCHA) and you will be out.
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

I imagine that when a team ties a quality opponent once (or twice), it doesn't get half of a quality win bonus for that result? If not, then two ties is not equal to a win and a loss.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              I imagine that when a team ties a quality opponent once (or twice), it doesn't get half of a quality win bonus for that result? If not, then two ties is not equal to a win and a loss.
              No they do get 1/2 of the QWB. So it is effectively the same as 1-1-0.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                No they do get 1/2 of the QWB. So it is effectively the same as 1-1-0.
                Excellent! The NCAA did something right. Thank you -- it's nice to have a resident PairWise guru.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  Excellent! The NCAA did something right. Thank you -- it's nice to have a resident PairWise guru.
                  Shhhh if you aren't careful people might start to suspect that you're talking to one of your aliases again!

(Really though thanks lol)

Comment

I was able to squeak BU into the tournament without winning Hockey East by using some extremely specific results:

Comment

Pretty slick TTT!

If MN takes 3 games to get through the WCHA quarters, that could be the difference between whether UMD or MN hosts an NCAA quarterfinal.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                        I have been playing around a bit. The only one to me that no matter what is in the NC$$ Tourney is Wisconsin. Anyone else in the Top 8 right now, lose in the opening round of your tournament and have upset champions in 2 or all 3 of the 3 conferences (WHE, WECAC and WWCHA) and you will be out.
                        At this point, not only does it look like Wisconsin is the only team in the tournament, I can't even find a way where they wouldn't be the top seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                          At this point, not only does it look like Wisconsin is the only team in the tournament, I can't even find a way where they wouldn't be the top seed.
                          the other team that looks to be in pretty good position is Clarkson, assuming they make it to the ECAC finals, they don't have to win it to host, in fact even if they don't make it to the finals it looks pretty good to host
                          looks like BC should plan on a road trip, and MN too unless they beat UMD
                          Last edited by pokechecker; 02-21-2017, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                            looks like BC should plan on a road trip
                            Yeah I think SLU making it to the ECAC finals would mathematically lock us out of home ice.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                              Pretty slick TTT!
                              Thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X