Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Cornell & Colgate (2/24, 2/25)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Union @ Cornell & Colgate (2/24, 2/25)

Discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Union @ Cornell & Colgate (2/24, 2/25)

Last weekend, Colgate earned 4 points (sweeping Brown and Yale) and didn't gain any ground in the ECAC standings.
    This weekend, Colgate fails to win a game, but earns 1 point, and climbs from 10th to 9th. We still have a chance at earning home ice in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Union is something along the lines of 3-25-2 against Colgate when playing the Raiders in Hamilton. But we have a new rink now, and that could bode well for the Dutchmen. Is anyone planning to come see our new digs? It's really nice!
    Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
      Last weekend, Colgate earned 4 points (sweeping Brown and Yale) and didn't gain any ground in the ECAC standings.
      This weekend, Colgate fails to win a game, but earns 1 point, and climbs from 10th to 9th. We still have a chance at earning home ice in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Union is something along the lines of 3-25-2 against Colgate when playing the Raiders in Hamilton. But we have a new rink now, and that could bode well for the Dutchmen. Is anyone planning to come see our new digs? It's really nice!
      The curseeeeeee !!!!!

(in before shabby)

Comment

Union comes into the weekend in first place in the ECAC, one point ahead of Harvard and three ahead of Cornell.

Colgate is not without incentive coming into the weekend, as they are only one point out of eighth place and home ice for the first round of the playoffs. However, it's questionable whether that incentive will be enough for them to beat a Union team that, as mentioned above, has the incentive of gunning for first place.

Cornell's coming in red-hot, unbeaten in their last seven, and they still have a possibility of finishing in first place. However, if Union beats Colgate on Friday night that possibility will disappear. I'm not sure how excited the Big Red would be about the possibility that a victory over Union on Saturday could give the ECAC title to Ivy rival Harvard.

RPI has very little incentive. Outside of the improbable scenario of Brown sweeping both of their games this weekend, RPI is locked into eleventh place. Perhaps the most important consideration for this weekend is to try to make sure Chase Perry is in tip-top shape for the first round of the playoffs the following weekend.

RPI did play Cornell close earlier this season, largely because Chase Perry made 41 saves. The thought occurs to me that it would not be a good thing for Perry's confidence if, because of lackadaisical play by the defensemen, he were to get lit up for a lot of goals against Cornell on Friday night.

I'll probably get crucified for suggesting it, but maybe Appert could give Perry a rest on Friday night and play the backup goalie. Perry could then get a tuneup on Saturday against a much less high-powered Colgate offense.

Comment

RPI is 3-3 in their last 6
          Scoring 18-19 in their last 6
          Led Cornell going into period 3 and Cornell won GWG with less than a minute.
          RPI could finish 5-3 in their last 8 ... carry into the playoffs and next year.
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
            I'll probably get crucified for suggesting it, but maybe Appert could give Perry a rest on Friday night and play the backup goalie. Perry could then get a tuneup on Saturday against a much less high-powered Colgate offense.
            I highly doubt Perry sits, given he's the only scholarship goaltender, what with Hackett no longer being with the team. If you're insistent upon a night off, I'd go the other way around. Secure 11th first, THEN think about Saturday. Not to mention, you don't want to throw a mid-year walk-on goalie into the fire of Lynah after having zero game time.

Comment

Union is 3-23-2 all time against Colgate in Hamilton, NY. This includes an 0-3 record before becoming a Div. 1 team in 1991.
              However, they are 2-4-2 in their last 8 trips to Hamilton. The two wins, and one of the ties, came in years Union won the Cleary Cup.

Many of their fans think there's a curse on them. I don't think so. Then again, Brown was 5-32-2 all time in Hamilton, NY before this season, and still lost at our new digs. I'm going to go out on a limb and say if Union wins or ties on Friday, they'll win at least a share of the Cleary Cup. Lose, and they'll be the #2 or #3 seed in the tournament.
              Colgate '09

Comment

Union is 10-2-1 on Friday nights with both loses nights where our starting goalie was absent (Cornell & Harvard). Alex is 2.1782 and .932 and 13-2-1 in the ECAC
                Likewise, Charlie Finn can have a spectacular night and steal one
                I will pray to the hockey gods to remove from the new rink shabby's curseeeee
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

OK, I hadn't mentioned it yet but, "THE CURSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                    if Union wins or ties on Friday, they'll win at least a share of the Cleary Cup.
                    Not so .... we are only up 1 point on Harvard. Harvard is undefeated at home so we can assume they will take care of business. We will need to sweep this weekend to win the Cleary. A win and a tie will net us a tie.
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Union must start and finish the week end strong, without thinking about the "what if" scenario. Win Friday first. Then, win saturday. They are in full control of their destiny and need to realize that. The goal must be to end up in first place alone.
                      Also, let's face it: Harvard's record at home this year is stellar, they are not going to trip at this point in the season with the Cleary cup in sight.
                      Let's go Union !
                      ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                      ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                      NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Regarding the parking situation at Colgate: Are the lots we always used for Starr the best bet, or is there something closer? I'm not sure how much I want to press my luck with College Street...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          I highly doubt Perry sits, given he's the only scholarship goaltender, what with Hackett no longer being with the team. If you're insistent upon a night off, I'd go the other way around. Secure 11th first, THEN think about Saturday. Not to mention, you don't want to throw a mid-year walk-on goalie into the fire of Lynah after having zero game time.
                          Oh, I wouldn't insist on a night off for anybody. I can get in enough trouble for just suggesting.

You're right that it would be awfully tough on the backup goalie to ask him to make his debut at Lynah Rink.

I just hope that, if Perry starts Friday night, he doesn't suffer through another 7-3 debacle like he did against Q last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                            Oh, I wouldn't insist on a night off for anybody. I can get in enough trouble for just suggesting.

You're right that it would be awfully tough on the backup goalie to ask him to make his debut at Lynah Rink.

I just hope that, if Perry starts Friday night, he doesn't suffer through another 7-3 debacle like he did against Q last weekend.
                            So long as he gets some help from the D, because he sure as heck didn't have too much.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Regarding the parking situation at Colgate: Are the lots we always used for Starr the best bet, or is there something closer? I'm not sure how much I want to press my luck with College Street...
                              Not sure which ones you always used, but...

If the lot adjacent & just south of Starr/Cotterell, park towards the back of the lot & walk behind the building. We've now got an "athletics promenade" connecting all our facilities, you'll be walking north with the football stadium on your left. New rink is last building before College St. on the right.

If you used the lot across the street from Starr, can still do that too. Walk back to the corner of 12B & College, follow College to the rink on the left.

If you turn onto College St, lot on the left right in front of the building requires a season pass. However, the student apartments on the other side of the street have parking that's hit or miss. If you find a spot, that's the shortest walk to the arena.

Pretty easy regardless of which option you pick. Oh, and your question on the other thread... alcohol is in the new Suite area only. A pregame is still necessary!

Comment

Working...
                              X