X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quinnipiac@RPI 2/18/17 Big Red Freakout

Lets win one for the seniors.

LGR
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Re: Quinnipiac@RPI 2/18/17 Big Red Freakout

I wouldn't be surprised at all if RPI won tonight. They have played well over the past 9 games.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
      Lets win one for the seniors.

LGR
      Play for your teammates and honor the Seniors. And yes, there are two points out there waiting to be taken as the RS comes to a close next weekend. Let's Go, Red!

Comment

Three questions.

1) Does anyone recall BRF and Senior Night being on the same night? (Figure someone would know...I can always look it up.)
        2) Are there going to be special sweaters tonight? My guess is no, or we would have heard by now.
        3) Why did they do this on a holiday weekend when a fair amount of students go home? (The only one I didn't go home, I went with a bunch to Montreal )
        JPC '96

Comment

I want this one more than any other game this season and not because I'll be there, it's Senior Night or it's BRFO. After the game in Hamden, the local QU post game show interviewed one of their assistants (pretty sure it was Riga). While that was neither team's best night of the year, he was incredibly arrogant and dismissive of our team. Not only should QU expect wins against a team like ours, he even questioned whether our boys wanted to play that night. I know a lot of the comments about playing a tough opponent (particularly when they are having the type of year we are) are "coach speak", but I've never heard an opposing coach show so little respect for our team and program. I was clearly not their intended audience, but it ****ed me off nonetheless. Let's Go Red!

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
            I wouldn't be surprised at all if RPI won tonight. They have played well over the past 9 games.
            relative to earlier in the year.

We could win, but we have to play for a full game.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by John Cloninger RPI 96 View Post
              Three questions.

1) Does anyone recall BRF and Senior Night being on the same night? (Figure someone would know...I can always look it up.)
              2) Are there going to be special sweaters tonight? My guess is no, or we would have heard by now.
              3) Why did they do this on a holiday weekend when a fair amount of students go home? (The only one I didn't go home, I went with a bunch to Montreal )
              Answers:
              1) last time was back in 2010 vs. PU (RPI Lost 7-0. Major ugh).
              2) I would say probably not also. They will be busy honoring the seniors after the game, so raffling them off will not be an option.
              3) I don't really think they took the holiday into consideration. The only other option this year would have been the Cornell game and having BRF against the Big Red is never a good idea (though they have done it before).

This is my 40th Freakout that I've attended in person (yep, all of them!). Just wondering if there are any other posters in here who can also make that claim...

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                Answers:
                2) I would say probably not also. They will be busy honoring the seniors after the game, so raffling them off will not be an option.
                3) I don't really think they took the holiday into consideration. The only other option this year would have been the Cornell game and having BRF against the Big Red is never a good idea (though they have done it before).

This is my 40th Freakout that I've attended in person (yep, all of them!). Just wondering if there are any other posters in here who can also make that claim...
                Considering that I'm younger than 40, I can't. But I have attended everyone since 1995 if that means anything.
                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

That you have to been to all of them, that's awesome!

A buddy of mine who now lives in IN or KY (close to Cincinnati) was not aware of rpitv...we'll now he is.

I think he'll find a way to watch the game tonight
                  JPC '96

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                        Answers:

I was at the first 5, missed a couple while in grad school at Cornell and a few since then while living out of state. I haven't gone through them one-by-one to test my memory, but I claim somewhere in the 32-34 range. Undoubtedly, there are others like you that can easily top that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Thank you for the great productions that you put on for us.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                            I want this one more than any other game this season and not because I'll be there, it's Senior Night or it's BRFO. After the game in Hamden, the local QU post game show interviewed one of their assistants (pretty sure it was Riga). While that was neither team's best night of the year, he was incredibly arrogant and dismissive of our team. Not only should QU expect wins against a team like ours, he even questioned whether our boys wanted to play that night. I know a lot of the comments about playing a tough opponent (particularly when they are having the type of year we are) are "coach speak", but I've never heard an opposing coach show so little respect for our team and program. I was clearly not their intended audience, but it ****ed me off nonetheless. Let's Go Red!
                            Really?!? Lace 'em up, Red!

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              Thank you for the great productions that you put on for us.
                              Absolutely. You folks are the gold standard for #cawledgehawkey video coverage.

Comment

Working...
                              X