This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Nic Kerdiles had to use the drive through for his "cup of coffee" in the show, as the Ducks traded for and signed Patrick Eaves over the top of him and sent Nic back to the Gulls after his one game. Perhaps the Rangers should look to sign Kerdiles away too, as it seems like the Ducks haven't displayed a ton of confidence in him. When he jumped ship here it looked like he would have a very good shot to make the big club, but the Ducks signed several guys over the top of him that summer as well.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Super stoked about the trade.....I like the Wings, though not as much now, but I love the Rangers. The Rangers sure could use Pavs, that is for sure, but what team couldn't use Pavs.
      So hard to see Badgers go to a team like the Rangers.... Blech.
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        Nic Kerdiles had to use the drive through for his "cup of coffee" in the show, as the Ducks traded for and signed Patrick Eaves over the top of him and sent Nic back to the Gulls after his one game. Perhaps the Rangers should look to sign Kerdiles away too, as it seems like the Ducks haven't displayed a ton of confidence in him. When he jumped ship here it looked like he would have a very good shot to make the big club, but the Ducks signed several guys over the top of him that summer as well.
        I think he was kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place after 2013-14 at UW. Probably could've used another year at UW, but you couldn't really blame him for leaving with how empty the cupboard was about to be. Also didn't help that he's had some injury issues since he went pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
          Nice meeting you to Timothy...too bad we couldn't chat more, but I had my hands full of concession items

Anyway, it was a great time, and I will be back down to a game next year...the girls are exciting to watch, and they are great sports...even tossing over some autographed pucks to my daughter and her friends!

My daughter plays hockey, wondering what age group your daughter plays? Mine has played both U10 and U12 this season. Both are going to State Tournament so I'm off to balmy Superior this weekend and Hudson next weekend lol.

Comment

Nice meeting you to Timothy...too bad we couldn't chat more, but I had my hands full of concession items

Anyway, it was a great time, and I will be back down to a game next year...the girls are exciting to watch, and they are great sports...even tossing over some autographed pucks to my daughter and her friends!

Cool pic! Shout out to Mosinee! Could there be another shut-out queen in the future?
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

That's what hockey is all about right there. Hopefully you gave Coach Koch contact info, looks like some future UW players for sure.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                On a selfish note, maybe it's time the State Urinal highlights the hockey team..especially on days the BB team doesn't even play, instead of those articles. If the hockey team lost 4 of 5, they'd be buried near the obits.
                They entered the NCAA tournament 4th overall nationally and were buried on UW-specific outlets...it will be an extremely long road to get the enthusiasm back on track. It's not just about bringing fans back, it's about building the new fan base largely from scratch, and teaching them what the heck college hockey actually is.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                  They entered the NCAA tournament 4th overall nationally and were buried on UW-specific outlets...it will be an extremely long road to get the enthusiasm back on track. It's not just about bringing fans back, it's about building the new fan base largely from scratch, and teaching them what the heck college hockey actually is.
                  It's worse than that...

They entered at 3rd nationally that year: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NCAA_Division_I_Men's_Ice_Hockey_Tournament#Q ualifying_teams
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    It's worse than that...

They entered at 3rd nationally that year: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NCAA_Division_I_Men's_Ice_Hockey_Tournament#Q ualifying_teams
                    I was talking about 2013-14. Even diehard fans completely forget that, and fans who are anything short of diehard never noticed in the first place. I always describe that year as a "lost season contained in a bubble" when describing the downfall to older Badgers fans who saw men's hockey as "big" (even if they didn't follow it closely) and when describing it to newer fans to illustrate the crazy mismatch between the team's previous success and reputation and what new fans see now. Wins and losses were a miniscule part of that.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Had to bump over the Chinese hackers. I do love good Chinese food though.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Had to bump over the Chinese hackers. I do love good Chinese food though.
                        funny Timothy.

nice article by Baggot: http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2017/3...rs-roster.aspx
                        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                          I lived in a smallish town with a pretty competitive D3 team in WI for a few years, and even then they rarely got the lead. High school stuff seemed to trump it all the time. My experience is that hockey hardly existed outside a 20 mile radius of the KC. It was pretty sad searching for information.

Comment

So...what are you feeling? I think the Badgers will be ready for the rematch. The defense was really challenged last time and I think OZ will be able to make some chicken salad out of chicken ****. Of course, hoping for at least a split. This thread is so quiet; no mention of PSU; no Wisconsin @ PSU thread; I had to go to page 3 (Feb 21) to find anything posted by a PSU fan. This is a yuge series......WHAT THE Fire trUCK?
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                              So...what are you feeling? I think the Badgers will be ready for the rematch. The defense was really challenged last time and I think OZ will be able to make some chicken salad out of chicken ****. Of course, hoping for at least a split. This thread is so quiet; no mention of PSU; no Wisconsin @ PSU thread; I had to go to page 3 (Feb 21) to find anything posted by a PSU fan. This is a yuge series......WHAT THE Fire trUCK?
                              I'm excited about the series don't get me wrong, but it's hard to be fired up on the forum when there aren't any PSU fans on here.

A split this weekend would be nice but more than that would be outstanding. I don't think many of us thought we would be in a position with two weeks left to put ourselves into the tournament at this time last year. It's amazing how a new crop of coaches and a new playing style can change a hockey team.
                              WISCONSIN BADGERS
                              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                I'm hoping for a split based on the fact psu (and I really am starting to HATE that team) blew uw's doors off 3 weeks ago.

However, G2O is a tremendous staff and this team played great since psu and I think the coaches have gotten a lot out of this team the past two weeks.

So, I'm getting some thinner after work and will be excited to tune in
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X