This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

We had quite a bit of puck luck, but even with Minny dominating on shots and chances, we still got and took advantage of the best ones.

Some good fortune to end up as a win, but against a top-5 team, that's perfectly fine. Tony G for COtY.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Tony G for COtY.
      I was thinking this the other day, wondering if it is a real possibility. It should be, but I am of course biased. I wonder who else would be a viable candidate nationally? Maybe the guy at Western Michigan..

Comment

And Cavallini strikes again!

Crazy. He's always been a big effort guy, but frankly, he just couldn't skate at all. What's odd to me is that early last year he'd actually learned to skate, was making an impact and then, I don't know if he got hurt or what, but he went right back to his old, terrible form by Christmas. He obviously worked hard off season because he got back to skating like he was there briefly and has remained on track all year.

I'm really enjoying watching Hughes play this year. When he came in at 17 and maybe 160lbs. he wouold go flying in behind the net on the forecheck and just get crumpled by the D. I think about that every time he goes in now and guys just bounce off him or he muscles the puck away from a defender. He's had the talent from the start, but kudos to him for making the most of it through all his hard work.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

It was great to see UW steal a game like that shots-wise. That hasn't happened for years. Bummed I didn't get a chance to watch it, but watching a 7-0 thumping of Kato was plenty fun.

It was nice to meet Innova, he scored some sweet seats behind the UW bench and he got to watch a great game, minus the HORRIFIC refereeing, but that's for the women's page.

Let's sweep the rodents and send them plunging off bridges en mass.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I wanted to add to the discussion a note about Greenway's late penalty. After all the talk here this week about him having to watch his play since he gets "fired up" pretty easily an can take an occasional bad penalty - when he took that one with about 5-6 minutes to go I expected to see the message boards light up with the "told ya so".

I have to admit, I was yelling from my chair about how dumb a penalty it was myself. He is such a good player and it helps to have him on the ice - not in the box, especially on the road nursing a one goal lead.

Thoughts, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by BuB View Post
              I wanted to add to the discussion a note about Greenway's late penalty. After all the talk here this week about him having to watch his play since he gets "fired up" pretty easily an can take an occasional bad penalty - when he took that one with about 5-6 minutes to go I expected to see the message boards light up with the "told ya so".

I have to admit, I was yelling from my chair about how dumb a penalty it was myself. He is such a good player and it helps to have him on the ice - not in the box, especially on the road nursing a one goal lead.

Thoughts, anyone?
              I had this thought during his extended stay in the box last week: I think this may have been a reason why he was planning on playing in the OHL before all that drama around the Firebirds.

Comment

Agree on Greenway but as we've all seen over the years with players, sometimes you have to take a little of the bad with all the good. There's no limit to J.D.'s upside as far as I can see and he has the potential to be up there with some of the best D we've ever had, which is saying quite a lot. The most frustrating thing to me about that play is that if he just moves his feet he has a great chance of drawing a penalty, as Kloos was basically tackling him.

With his size and skill it's easy to forget he's also the youngest player on the team. Hopefully he learns a bit from these situations.
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                  With his size and skill it's easy to forget he's also the youngest player on the team. Hopefully he learns a bit from these situations.
                  Yikes, you're right. Didn't know that. Thanks for the info.....

Comment

Did anyone feel like the badgers were much more physical than usual? They seemed to be finishing checks a lot more than usual. I hope that becomes more of a regularity.

Comment

Man, Besse cannot catch a break.

I think most of us would've taken a split going into the weekend, so at least there's that.

Also, another silver lining: Badgers started the day at 15 in the pairwise, and have actually moved up to 14 with NoDak losing, and if Denver holds off St. Cloud (up 6-1 in the 3rd), they'll move up to 13!

Comment

Now it's time to take care of ourselves. The next 4, we win we're in.
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Good series, guys. Love that you are respectable again. Makes the rivalry much better. F'reals.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I guess we will just have to watch UND crap the bed for the next few years.
                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

[cautious stick taps of respect]

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

BTW, we're up to 13 in PWR.

I'd like to thank Ohio State, Air Force, SCSU and Air Force for all losing.

Of course, this shows how volatile the PWR is right now, so I don't think this makes our last three weekends any less crucial.

Comment

Working...
                                X