PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51

Wisko McBadgerton
10-20-2017, 05:35 PM
Lines are out, so is Freytag, in favor of Labosky

Usatski Frederic Wagner

Weissbach Hughes Dhooghe

Baker Malone Johnson

Zimmer Ford Labosky

Tischke Ess

Kalynuk Linhart

Davison Inamoto

Hayton

Former Badger #11 Adam Rockwood centering the second for NMU between Jr. Troy Loggins and Fr. Caleb Schroer.

GBBadger14
10-20-2017, 07:07 PM
Anybody get the stream to work yet? Other game seem to be working, but of course not ours.

UPDATE: Got an email response from the website..

"Thanks for the email! We are aware of the issue you're describing and have reached out to the personnel on site. While we don't have an immediate resolution, we will remain in contact with them in a continued effort to remedy the issue."

UPDATE 2: Its on now. Ignore me rambling.

Wisko McBadgerton
10-20-2017, 08:50 PM
This game is ugly.

Trivia question: When is the last time the Badgers were on a 5-3 PP and gave up a goal?

gwhinwi
10-20-2017, 09:06 PM
Anybody get the stream to work yet? Other game seem to be working, but of course not ours.

UPDATE: Got an email response from the website..

"Thanks for the email! We are aware of the issue you're describing and have reached out to the personnel on site. While we don't have an immediate resolution, we will remain in contact with them in a continued effort to remedy the issue."

UPDATE 2: Its on now. Ignore me rambling.

I would ask for credit for issues. They need to own up to things like that.

GBBadger14
10-20-2017, 09:42 PM
I would ask for credit for issues. They need to own up to things like that.

I would've, but I didn't miss any goals. Now if it happens again tomorrow, I will.

Solid comeback but man that loss hurts. Can't believe they called that penalty in OT. Refs seemed to go back and forth between calling everything and nothing. Very inconsistent.

We need to stop playing NMU. Ugly games every time.

Wisko McBadgerton
10-20-2017, 09:58 PM
Cat's deserve the win, Badgers deserve the loss. Refs deserve a downgrade in pay. Call every touch and create a bunch of 5x3's then swallow the whistles, then make a weak call in OT. They didn't cost Bucky the game, they were bad both ways.

All you guys that wouldn't give me $2 were right. This game was overpriced at that!

Nice job again by the 4th line with Ford getting us back in it late. Can't turn it over at your own blue line twice in the last 30 seconds of the game. Disappointing.

MadCityRich
10-20-2017, 10:01 PM
I would've, but I didn't miss any goals. Now if it happens again tomorrow, I will.

Solid comeback but man that loss hurts. Can't believe they called that penalty in OT. Refs seemed to go back and forth between calling everything and nothing. Very inconsistent.

We need to stop playing NMU. Ugly games every time.

With respect to NMU, THESE are the games we must win. I didn't stream, but it sounded ugly. I hope the boys bounce back with a better effort; we'll see what they're made of.

Wisko McBadgerton
10-20-2017, 10:31 PM
With respect to NMU, THESE are the games we must win. I didn't stream, but it sounded ugly. I hope the boys bounce back with a better effort; we'll see what they're made of.

Have to win and have to get used to the idea that when you're ranked, you're the hunted. Going to get everybody's best shot when the puck drops on Friday. Our boys weren't ready and the Cats were hungry.

Tony put Hughes up top in the third, and that line clearly had too much for NMU to handle. Interested to see if Tony keeps the big boys together tomorrow.

Wisko McBadgerton
10-21-2017, 03:31 PM
Lines are out and Tony has pulled some different names out of the hat:

Hughes Frederic Wagner

Baker Malone S. Dhooghe

Freytag Ustaski Johnson

Weissbach Zirbel J. Dhooghe

Tischke Ess

Linhart Kalynuk

Davison Inamoto

Berry

Will be the debut of Jason Dhooghe, and if the chart is actually correct this time, Jack Berry. Zirbel making his second appearance of the season for the Badgers. A bit surprised Ford is out?
That top line has juice, we'll see if they can carry the offensive load tonight.

Update: Ford is skating, will scratch one before the puck drop. Maybe Ford is dinged up?

UWisco
10-21-2017, 08:01 PM
From what I gathered, sounded like Bucky had control the whole 60 minutes tonight.

GBBadger14
10-21-2017, 08:49 PM
From what I gathered, sounded like Bucky had control the whole 60 minutes tonight.

It was glorious. Outshot them 43-11.

gwhinwi
10-21-2017, 11:11 PM
It was glorious. Outshot them 43-11.

Sounds like they got a good outcome from the loss on Friday night then. I like that response!

MadCityRich
10-21-2017, 11:26 PM
Sounds like they got a good outcome from the loss on Friday night then. I like that response!

It sounds like CTG had some words for the boys. Without a doubt, there was some cursing in Italian involved!

hockeyplayer1015
10-22-2017, 12:44 AM
St. Lawrence comes to Madison as the only team without a win or tie (Ivy league yet to begin play). They also bring a frightening offense ranked last overall, and an even scarier team defense ranked 50th out of 54. Congrats on the sweep next weekend!

In all seriousness, having seen Hayton elevate his play for "high stakes" games, I truly don't expect SLU to come out of MadTown with even a tie.

Wisko McBadgerton
10-22-2017, 11:07 AM
Watched the replay this morning. Badgers with total domination all over the ice. Just unrecognizable as the team that played Friday.

I'll be shocked if NMU's Robbie Payne doesn't get assessed a game by the league. Charging, leading with the elbow, leaves his feet, blow to the head... How it wasn't a five is a reflection of how terribly inconsistent the refs were this weekend. (again, both ways) I hope either they get much better, or we don't see that crew again this year. I'm sure Tischke was concussed and will go on protocol, so who knows when he'll be back... Hopefully he is ok and recovers completely... Just hate to see that.

Hat's off to the other five D that played 2+ periods without Peter. Tony singled out Kalynuk and Linhart, but they were all really good. Inamoto with his best game was really a force in his own end.

PK was really aggressive, PP was shooting the puck, causing good things to happen. Sometimes tough for a goalie to play a game like this where he gets so little action, but Berry kept his head in it, was ready, and was great on some grade A chances.

Wags had his best game, Hughes had his best game. Wags and Freddy ate a ton of minutes as did Linhart. I thought S. Dhooghe easily had his best game. Still pointless, but he helped create some good chances and wasn't just a placeholder out there. Thought Zirbel was really good at winning battles and getting the puck. Baker was good again. J. Dhooghe is a competitor.

It is tough to decide who to play... There are a couple of guys on the 4th each week that could play top 6 on 90% of teams.

Terrible Friday -- Awesome Saturday. Let's be good on Friday too and this team could go places.

gwhinwi
10-22-2017, 11:39 AM
Terrible Friday -- Awesome Saturday. Let's be good on Friday too and this team could go places.

I'll have to do a weekend road trip to watch a series with you down on the Gulf Coast. It's a sacrifice, but one I'm willing to make.

Wisko McBadgerton
10-22-2017, 12:44 PM
I'll have to do a weekend road trip to watch a series with you down on the Gulf Coast. It's a sacrifice, but one I'm willing to make.

Great, but just so we're clear, the Burrito coupons were a one time only offer!

Timothy A
10-23-2017, 12:52 PM
After Friday's debacle, I suspected TG might give Berry a start Saturday. It could not have worked out better. Can anyone who saw the Friday game comment on how well Hayton played? I only heard the end of the 3rd and the OT on the radio and he made some big saves during that time.

sunprairie
10-23-2017, 01:57 PM
After Friday's debacle, I suspected TG might give Berry a start Saturday. It could not have worked out better. Can anyone who saw the Friday game comment on how well Hayton played? I only heard the end of the 3rd and the OT on the radio and he made some big saves during that time.

I was there. He was definitely the softest I've seen thus far this year - actually uncharacteristically so. Missed two over his shoulder that seemed like easy glove catches from my vantage. Was glad they brought in Jack for game 2 just to give Hayton a break and allow him to reset before St. Lawrence comes to Madison.

Wisko McBadgerton
10-23-2017, 03:38 PM
I agree that there were a couple given up on Friday that you really have to get from your goalie. It's nice when they make some spectacular play after you hang them out to dry, but really, if a goalie just makes all the ones he should make, you're mostly going to get the result you deserve from how you play in front of him.

Kyle was probably better late and made some big stops, most notably stoning Rockwood on a breakaway in OT. In retrospect, I'd just as soon Rocky scored there. Would have been big for him personally to net the GWG against his old team, since 20 seconds later we gave it up anyway.