X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    It's good news, it's ok to double up on it. He could be a future UW head coach some day, it's great news.
    and he is learning from one of the finest hockey coaches there is, IMO.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      and he is learning from one of the finest hockey coaches there is, IMO.
      Agreed. St. Norbert (and D3 in general) is an ignored gem.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
        From a poster on Badger247...

"Don't kill the messenger here if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Kyle Hayton transfer is going to happen. Saw him today and overheard him introducing himself and said he is transferring to university of Wisconsin to play hockey.

He was on a tour of my apartment complex."
        Sadly it is official on our end. Summer grades posted and one of the assistants went on record as saying he was transferring to Wisconsin and that SLU had released him. That means he'll transfer in as a grad student and be eligible to play his last year.

Big gain for you guys and a sad, sad, sad, state of affairs for us. To lose an All American goalie who was on the cusp of breaking every school record (that he didn't already have) is a big blow to our program. Our new coach (Mark Morris) clearly was not Kyle's cup of tea and that makes me worried for our future. At SLU we are the kind of program where everything has to go right for us to be successful. We're tiny.....at the top of frigid upstate NY and although our campus is beautiful, we are not for everyone. Losing a player of Kyle's caliber really hurts our program and reputation. I also think Wisconsin has gained some fans who will be following Kyle and wishing him well.
        SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
          ... I also think Wisconsin has gained some fans who will be following Kyle and wishing him well.
          I assume this sentiment won't apply the last weekend in October.

Comment

Originally posted by jwilli View Post
            I assume this sentiment won't apply the last weekend in October.
            Surprisingly I wouldn't bet on it. Quite a few of our stalwart fans literally have almost walked away from our program in disgust at the chain of events that has unfolded over the last couple of years.

We will be playing arguably our toughest schedule of the last 20 years or more with a back up, relatively untested goalie, 9 freshman, some with very limited experience, and not a lot of games under their belts and questionable scoring power at best. One of our best defensive classes in decades just graduated and we have two solid returnee's. Several freshman will be required to step in. As for our scoring potential we have a couple of decent forwards one of whom is so injury prone (concussions) he could be forced to step away with the next one. In addition with the head coaching change we are going from a skilled/speed type of team to a lunch pail, bunch of bigger players. Bear in mind our coach came from the AHL LA Kings affiliate (for the most part) so I'm guessing that's his model. Don't want to be a pessimist but with Kyle gone to steal games for us I see us finishing with a sub 500 record and possibly well below that.
            SLU

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Awesome. Andy Brandt named Assistant H/C @ St. Norbert. A good day to be an "Andy".
              FYP.

no "S" on the end...
              St. Norbert College Green Knights
              NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
              NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
              NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
              ---
              SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                FYP.

no "S" on the end...
                I stand corrected! I can understand that bugging people, kinda like when people stick an "s" at the end of Badger.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  I stand corrected! I can understand that bugging people, kinda like when people stick an "s" at the end of Badger.
                  That's called making a word plural, for when there are multiple Badgers.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                    That's called making a word plural, for when there are multiple Badgers.
                    It depends. On the radio you hear "Wisconsin Badger Hockey, brought to you by..." is the way I like it, it irritates me when they plural that, or if there is a T shirt that plurals Badger. "Four Badgers had a hat trick last night against Rodentsota"....plural there is just fine.

Comment

It's always nice to hit a few SNC games a year. Will have to sneak a peak at this star pupil.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          It depends. On the radio you hear "Wisconsin Badger Hockey, brought to you by..." is the way I like it, it irritates me when they plural that, or if there is a T shirt that plurals Badger. "Four Badgers had a hat trick last night against Rodentsota"....plural there is just fine.
                          "Wisconsin Badger Hockey" doesn't sound blatantly wrong to me (a bit weird, though), but "Wisconsin Badgers Hockey" sounds complete and normal. Excluding collective singular team names, using the plural is standard based on all the sports I've ever watched in my life. It's a hockey broadcast by/for the Wisconsin Badgers, so it would make more sense to say "Wisconsin Badgers Hockey." Going through other team name examples, and things get really weird. (I can't imagine Joe Beninati or John Walton introducing you to "Washington Capital Hockey," for example.)

On the other hand, the phrases "the Badger men" and "the Badger women" sound normal to my ears.

Words are weird, but preserving the team name even when acting as a modifier is generally less weird.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                          Last edited by WiscDC; 08-20-2017, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                            "Wisconsin Badger Hockey" doesn't sound blatantly wrong to me (a bit weird, though), but "Wisconsin Badgers Hockey" sounds complete and normal. Excluding collective singular team names, using the plural is standard based on all the sports I've ever watched in my life. It's a hockey broadcast by/for the Wisconsin Badgers, so it would make more sense to say "Wisconsin Badgers Hockey." Going through other team name examples, and things get really weird. (I can't imagine Joe Beninati or John Walton introducing you to "Washington Capital Hockey," for example.)

On the other hand, the phrases "the Badger men" and "the Badger women" sound normal to my ears.

Words are weird, but preserving the team name even when acting as a modifier is generally less weird.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                            Yeah, I'm a freak. I think listening to hundreds of games on 1310 going years back has planted this idea in my head. I looked at the UW hockey t shirts and it's on there both ways, with and without the "s".

Are you still around Madison this upcoming hockey season? It's nice to have a few people in the "student" section at the women's games leading the charge of traditional cheers and put up illegal signs.

Comment

http://www.musketeershockey.com/news...rer_id=1269338

Jurusik heading back to the USHL.....Sioux City Musketeers and will be reunited with Luke Strand

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                                http://www.musketeershockey.com/news...rer_id=1269338

Jurusik heading back to the USHL.....Sioux City Musketeers and will be reunited with Luke Strand
                                Well that is certainly interesting...makes you think we'll hear some news on Hayton very soon.

UW roster still shows the same 3 (Berry, Blomquist, Jurusik)

Comment

Working...
                                X