X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    The issue with the end wall screen is the nearer you sit to the endwall, the harder to see the screen, hence I would go with a small center hung scoreboard, which I do believe there is enough height to accommodate. Or add another endwall screen on the south end. The resolution on the current one is crappy.
    I hope they fix the lack of concessions first. On busy days you will wait 15 - 20 minutes to get served and stand in long lines at the one regular concession stand.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      I hope they fix the lack of concessions first. On busy days you will wait 15 - 20 minutes to get served and stand in long lines at the one regular concession stand.
      Good call. I don't buy concessions too often unless we get stuck there for lunch or supper due to a dumb start time or there is a nacho/popcorn craving, then we buy/eat right away prior to warm-ups. I never attempt an in game food run. Even the just popcorn/soda stand gets a long line between periods. On the games where it's meal time, I'd like to see a Cousin's stand and just grab a pre-made sub like at the KC.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Tony Granato will be the US Olympic coach, via Brian Posick and other accounts on Twitter. Chelios will be an assistant.

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
          Tony Granato will be the US Olympic coach, via Brian Posick and other accounts on Twitter. Chelios will be an assistant.
          Well, that will certainly make for an interesting season.
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
            Well, that will certainly make for an interesting season.
            Yea, it should be interesting to see how much of a time commitment it is. Will they have some sort of evaluation camp, or will the team be put together one the fly like the last few with NHL guys?

Comment

Yea, it should be interesting to see how much of a time commitment it is. Will they have some sort of evaluation camp, or will the team be put together one the fly like the last few with NHL guys?
              It's really hard to know, considering the NHL isn't allowing players to participate this time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                It's really hard to know, considering the NHL isn't allowing players to participate this time around.
                Gotta like Kunin's chances if he doesn't make the big boy squad.

Comment

Tony Granato will be the US Olympic coach, via Brian Posick and other accounts on Twitter. Chelios will be an assistant.
                  Not a fan of this. My focus is on UW and this will certainly impede the programs development, along with the loss of Donnie. Now if Donnie was still here, I wouldn't feel so apprehensive. I just want the program to get rolling with continuity.

Comment

Not a fan of this. My focus is on UW and this will certainly impede the programs development, along with the loss of Donnie. Now if Donnie was still here, I wouldn't feel so apprehensive. I just want the program to get rolling with continuity.
                    Most reports are saying that he will only miss a few series. It isn't like he is gone for the entire season. And it isn't like the guys filling in lack in experience, Oz has NCAA AHC and HC experience and also AHL AHC experience. Strobel has NCAA and USHL AHC experience.

According to Milewski's tweets, Tony will be gone:
                    Nov 10-12 for Deutschland Cup, will miss Nov 10-11 at Michigan State
                    Feb 10-25 for Olympics, may miss all or part of Minnesota series Feb 9-10 at home, Badgers have bye next weekend (a gift from the hockey deities), will miss Feb 23-24 at Ohio State

He will almost certainly be back for conference playoffs starting March 2.

I like the move. It gives UW exposure on a world-wide scale. At least in the US broadcasts, how many times do you think they are going to mention "UW Head Coach Tony Granato" during a game?

I think prospects will love the idea of playing for a coach who has NHL and Olympic coaching experience.

It may sting for a few weeks this season, but I think it will have a positive overall impact.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                      Great news! This is great for Tony, UW and USA hockey and I'm now very excited for the olympics for a change.i loved college players at the olympics.

This could be a boon for recruiting at UW, Granato's stock has done nothing but rise since he was hired at UW.

Johanson, Granato, Chelios and likely 2 badger players on the roster? ****...
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                        Great news! This is great for Tony, UW and USA hockey and I'm now very excited for the olympics for a change.i loved college players at the olympics.

This could be a boon for recruiting at UW, Granato's stock has done nothing but rise since he was hired at UW.

Johanson, Granato, Chelios and likely 2 badger players on the roster? ****...
                        I think the hockey will be very interesting this time around. We'll see college players for the U.S. but nothing will stop professional leagues in other countries from sending their players. I would think Russia would probably send a strong contingent of players in their pro-league, but that's just a guess on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                          I think the hockey will be very interesting this time around. We'll see college players for the U.S. but nothing will stop professional leagues in other countries from sending their players. I would think Russia would probably send a strong contingent of players in their pro-league, but that's just a guess on my part.
                          I'll be curious to see what the balance is of NCAA and AHL players vs US players from the European/Russian leagues.

Are there any guys that are young/good enough in the foreign leagues to get roster spots?

I can't say that I follow things close enough to even take a guess...

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                            I dare say that new display will be one of the best in college hockey. That is probably on par with or better than some of the screens you might see in NHL rinks.

I guess we know where some of that ticket money has been going.
                            Gotta admit...pretty jealous of that scoreboard. Looks amazing. Hopefully, the Ralph will add something similar in the near future.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              Gotta admit...pretty jealous of that scoreboard. Looks amazing. Hopefully, the Ralph will add something similar in the near future.
                              First take some money off the top and re-fire up your women's team before you do a scoreboard.

Comment

First take some money off the top and re-fire up your women's team before you do a scoreboard.
                                Oh SNAP!

Congrats to Tony. Mixed feelings as a fan, but as others have mentioned, good for Tony and good for program recognition (as if it needed it! ).
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X