This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    When you catch a cold, try Dr. Pepper HOT with some Bacardi Silver and a twist of lemon. You will feel better especially if you have 5 or 6.
    Alcoholism in family trees. I steer away from the hard stuff and drink the rare beer or glass of wine.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Alcoholism in family trees. I steer away from the hard stuff and drink the rare beer or glass of wine.
      Seriously, forget the rum...it's still good hot!

Milwaukee has a baseball team?

Packers started up today, Badger football this weekend, Hockey Badgers.....NEXT!
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
        I know that a lot of people were upset when Coca-Cola left and was replaced by the Dr Pepper Snapple Group offerings (RC Cola, 7-Up). I wonder if a return to a better brand will satisfy them or if those fans are truly "Give me Coke or give me death" kinds of people. Personally I am quite happen with the prospect of Pepsi products.
        Pepsi is a distant 3rd in the cola war, Coke...RC...Pepsi...I don't buy soda at games anyway, I'd just like some cheap regular H2O available.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

As long as there was a white-soda (7up, Sprite, Sierra Mist) my kids were happy.

Has anyone else had problems with subscriptions on the site lately? I haven't gotten any notifications in a month and thought everyone just went silent in here for a while.
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Pepsi is a distant 3rd in the cola war (WRONG) , Coke...RC...Pepsi...I don't buy soda at games anyway, I'd just like some cheap regular H2O available (YES YES YES).
            I normally buy one bottle and refill in the bubbler.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
              I miss people calling it a bubbler.
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                I miss people calling it a bubbler.
                A fountain is a decorative element with water. A bubbler is where you get water to drink
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

It irritates me to pay 5 bucks for a drinking vessel.

Comment

It irritates me to pay 5 bucks for a drinking vessel.
                    Oh believe me, I agree with you. They could sell water for $2 and make a fortune. At $4.50 its ridiculous.

Comment

A fountain is a decorative element with water. A bubbler is where you get water to drink
                      Yes, and it's POP, not soda.

Kohl Center news......

https://***********/ToddMilewski/status/892117151083094016
                      Last edited by MadCityRich; 08-02-2017, 09:57 AM.
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Oh believe me, I agree with you. They could sell water for $2 and make a fortune. At $4.50 its ridiculous.
                        Sell the water cheaper and jack up the rest of the concession prices to make up for it. Let's make UW hockey affordable for the fans (thinking specifically about the women's games with families attending).

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                          Yes, and it's POP, not soda.

Kohl Center news......

https://***********/ToddMilewski/status/892117151083094016
                          I dare say that new display will be one of the best in college hockey. That is probably on par with or better than some of the screens you might see in NHL rinks.

I guess we know where some of that ticket money has been going.

Comment

I dare say that new display will be one of the best in college hockey. That is probably on par with or better than some of the screens you might see in NHL rinks.

I guess we know where some of that ticket money has been going.
                            LaBahn could sure use a re-fresh on the scoreboard situation.

Comment

LaBahn could sure use a re-fresh on the scoreboard situation.
                              I've only been in there a few times.

Does it have the clearance and sight-lines to make a center-hung option work? Would the typical 4-sided layout even be an option with the horseshoe seating? Would a better screen on the end wall be the likely option?

Comment

I've only been in there a few times.

Does it have the clearance and sight-lines to make a center-hung option work? Would the typical 4-sided layout even be an option with the horseshoe seating? Would a better screen on the end wall be the likely option?
                                The issue with the end wall screen is the nearer you sit to the endwall, the harder to see the screen, hence I would go with a small center hung scoreboard, which I do believe there is enough height to accommodate. Or add another endwall screen on the south end. The resolution on the current one is crappy.

Comment

Working...
                                X