X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
    Wow. Big news for UW. I'm actually torn if I'd like to see him this season or next. He would help upgrade the back end this season along with the arrival of Inamoto, Kalynuk and Ess. The upgrade in defensemen next year is going to be absolutely ridiculous with Ty Emberson, K'Andre Miller, the 2 Krygiers and Peltonen arriving on campus, so having a guy like that with 6 stud defensemen in front of him could be special.
    Honestly, this year will probably be more critical to keep the headwinds in the program we gained last year. Our blueline is still rather thin, and having outstanding goaltending will help transition a pair of 18 year old kids (Inamoto and Ness) along with an older frosh in Kalynuk. Hopefully Greenway shows significant progress in his game as his decision making was stunningly bad at times last season (which for an 18 year old frosh is not that uncommon). Hopefully those 3 frosh and Greenway develop while we still have Linhart, Davison, and Tischke to do some of the heavy lifting this year. Next years group of freshman D is ridiculously good and I would imagine despite 3 of them being true 18 year old frosh that they will as a group transition smoother then this years group of new comers.

Comment

• Milewski weighs in...

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        What lakes do you frequent for the 'lunge? Might as well talk fishin' .
        Monona & Waubesa, focusing more on Monona this year.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
          Milewski weighs in...

Sconny fans should be pumped to get Hayton. Have watched him for 3 years and he can flat out steal periods/games. When he's on (most of the time ) he's always on his angles and is extremely quick. He does have a bit of a temper and have seen kids get into his head by buzzing him and crashing the net. But he's matured and Saw less retaliation from him in last year or so. He will steal some games for you b
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Wouldn't hurt to see a guy like that come in.

While I won't have any bad things to say about our netminders, I will say that we're still recovering from Opilka backing out.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              Wouldn't hurt to see a guy like that come in.

While I won't have any bad things to say about our netminders, I will say that we're still recovering from Opilka backing out.
              Just an FYI - not a SLU fan, but watch a lot of ECAC hockey. He's the real deal. Not big kid, but competes like hell and is really really quick. Should be fun to see if he can earn the top spot for when the Saints visit Madison in the fall.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                Just an FYI - not a SLU fan, but watch a lot of ECAC hockey. He's the real deal. Not big kid, but competes like hell and is really really quick. Should be fun to see if he can earn the top spot for when the Saints visit Madison in the fall.
                So how come he's not been drafted in Nhl ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bratbill View Post
                  I'm guessing when he was 18, his stock was low.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bratbill View Post
                    If you follow the NHL at all...........size matters. Kyle is not a large or tall goalie. He is very thin but quick as all get out. Although not drafted...........there were several mentions in the press that with the NHL not participating in the Olympics........Kyle was one of several potential goalies mentioned as possibilities for the USA.

My guess is his draft year went by........but when he graduates, some NHL team will sign him and see if/how he develops. Can almost guarantee that.
                    SLU

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      I'm guessing when he was 18, his stock was low.
                      His size is the main reason. Goalies aren't getting drafted as high or at all like they used to. Need to be at least 6'2 to get looked at on draft day.
                      Last edited by bucky15; 07-04-2017, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I'm not holding my breath, but of course he would be welcome. Competition will make the others better.
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post
                          So the SLU fans have now reported on their facebook site that Kyle Haydon will be a Badger this fall. How about talking about that.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/203130979728057/
                          I have it on extremely good authority Hayton will be a grad transfer and eligible to play this fall. This kid may well be the best goalie in college hockey and a money player when it's on the iine. Not a huge goalie, but super quick post to post and low down. His numbers are pretty incredible for three years straight. Goodness knows what those might look like with a team like Wisconsin in front of him. ESPN picked him to be on Team USA if the pros don't go to the Olympics.
                          Our great loss is your great gain.

Comment

For some reason this Haydon rumor doesn't get me all that jacked up. Berry played very well when Jurusik got hurt and Jurusik upped his game as well, it was was D in front that had the most issues in not supporting the goaltending very well. They still could be young up front if the 3 Fr see a lot of ice time, though they are a very talented trio and 1 is very experienced, one experienced and 1 pretty green.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              For some reason this Haydon rumor doesn't get me all that jacked up. Berry played very well when Jurusik got hurt and Jurusik upped his game as well, it was was D in front that had the most issues in not supporting the goaltending very well. They still could be young up front if the 3 Fr see a lot of ice time, though they are a very talented trio and 1 is very experienced, one experienced and 1 pretty green.
                              It's Hayton, FYI.

Here's the thing, Kyle has had some pretty darn good defense in front of him, but the team has rarely been a possession dominant team. More to the point, most games, he would face more shots allowed than the team had shots for. He still put up top 5-10 national numbers for 3 seasons. It isn't the result of the "system" artificially inflating numbers (think Cornell, etc).

I guarantee you every ECAC team is happy to not face him, because he absolutely can steal games.

Comment

I'm ecstatic. Our goaltending was inconsistent at best including Berry. Jurusik has 2 years of track record and I have less hope for him improving significantly then Berry who was only a frosh and showed improvement through the season.. Hayton was 7th in the country in save percentage while our tandem were 61 and 73. More competition is exactly what we need in net. If Berry or Jurusik can step up to the level Hayton has played at the last 3 years, then great they get to play. If they don't, we'll be much better in net then we have been in recent years.

Comment

Working...
                                X