This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Feel bad for Luke that he will spend the first part of his career finishing second, but was nice having him and wish him the best of luck with his second NHL team.

As always, rooting against Minny, BC and Mich.

BC and Mich didn't make it? STILL rooting against them.

After that don't really care although I typically root for the underdog in individual games and the teams that have never won it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      I typically root for the underdog in individual games and the teams that have never won it.
      Sounds good. Here are your teams:

1st Round Winners

Tech
      PSU

Air Force
      Providence

Notre Dame
      Cornell

OSU
      NoDak

Frozen Four

Tech
      Air Force*

Notre Dame
      OSU

Final (Pick one. OSU is the lower seed)

OSU
      Air Force

*Air Force advances over lower seeds Providence and Tech by virtue of never having won a NC.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Air Force

Without hesitation.

Comment

Of remaining teams: Air Force, Tech, Cornell, Union.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

****... what a tough way to lose for 🏀 tonight🙁
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              I concur. The lads played well, fought back from a late game deficit to force OT then a great shot beats them. It's an amazing age to be a Badger fan. Hopefully women's BB can get to the point of contending in the B10, that's the last black hole of UW sports.

For men's hockey, I'm wondering what the expectation should/will be for next year wins wise. 20 was a shocker this year and losing Kunin so far puts a dent in the returning scoring and the PP, I'm not sure I'd be unhappy with 20 wins next year. It's going to take another 3 years for the roster to turn over to all G2O players, at which point I think single digit losses should be the norm.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Just enough brain fart plays and missed free throws to blow what should have been a sure win.

Happ better be shooting about 500 throws a day this offseason. Inexcusable to be that bad.

Not that he is the only one, but Nigel is gone now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  I concur. The lads played well, fought back from a late game deficit to force OT then a great shot beats them. It's an amazing age to be a Badger fan. Hopefully women's BB can get to the point of contending in the B10, that's the last black hole of UW sports.

For men's hockey, I'm wondering what the expectation should/will be for next year wins wise. 20 was a shocker this year and losing Kunin so far puts a dent in the returning scoring and the PP, I'm not sure I'd be unhappy with 20 wins next year. It's going to take another 3 years for the roster to turn over to all G2O players, at which point I think single digit losses should be the norm.
                  Andy Johnson had a tweet predicting the lineup for next year as:
                  Weissbach-Frederic-S Dhooghe
                  Wagner-Hughes-Zimmer
                  Ustaski/Freytag-Malone-Johnson
                  J Dhooghe-Baker-Ford
                  Labosky Zirbel

Inamoto-Linhart
                  Tischke-Kalynuk
                  Greenway-Davison
                  Sexton Bunz

I'd say Jack Berry has the advantage over Matty J for starting goaltender.

Comment

****... what a tough way to lose for �� tonight��
                    ...and hockey last weekend and NoDak. I think I'm bad luck.

BTW, I'm honking for Air Force as well. I can see them in the championship game with a B-1B fly-over!
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                      Andy Johnson had a tweet predicting the lineup for next year as:
                      Weissbach-Frederic-S Dhooghe
                      Wagner-Hughes-Zimmer
                      Ustaski/Freytag-Malone-Johnson
                      J Dhooghe-Baker-Ford
                      Labosky Zirbel

Inamoto-Linhart
                      Tischke-Kalynuk
                      Greenway-Davison
                      Sexton Bunz

I'd say Jack Berry has the advantage over Matty J for starting goaltender.
                      Was pondering this recently for forwards....

Ustaski-Frederic-S. Dhooghe
                      Weissbach-Hughes-Zimmer
                      Wagner-Malone-Johnson
                      J. Dhooghe-Baker-Ford

My guess is they want to keep Frederic, Hughes and Malone as centers, but Malone would be really good on the first line right wing if exchanged for S. Dhooghe, and Dhooghe can center the third line. I'd like to see Hughes' playmaking with Weissbach's ability to finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        Just enough brain fart plays and missed free throws to blow what should have been a sure win.

Happ better be shooting about 500 throws a day this offseason. Inexcusable to be that bad.

Not that he is the only one, but Nigel is gone now.
                        Absolutely, Happ's FT shooting is embarrassing.
                        It would also be nice if he wasn't taking so many bad fouls.
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                          It just so happens if you are not good enough to win, or almost win the Big Ten
                          Championships, you are also not good enough to get invited to the NCAA playoffs. You can't win a National Championship if you are sitting at home, watching the other Big Ten teams playing at the NCAA. Every one knows that Wisconsin hockey has completely sucked lately, but if you are not winning even a few regular season games, you are not going to win a National Championship, either. and, Wisconsin's being a complete loser lately has dragged down the SOS of the other Big Ten schools, so you have been hurting their chances at the NCAA's too. You might as well fold her up, and play BB.
                          Great job in the NCAA Tournament. Might as well fold her up and play BB. Oh yeah I got to cheer against them and see them lose to a lower seed too.
                          Last edited by WiscTJK; 03-25-2017, 11:32 PM.
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            Of remaining teams: Air Force, Tech, Cornell, Union.

Oh well...

So now it should be PSU over the Pio's, except that everybody hates PSU...
                            And another conundrum on the other side. Lowell is the higher seed but has only one FF appearance. Domers are a 4 seed but have multiple FF's and 1 NC game appearance. Who's the real dog in that fight?
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              Oh well...

So now it should be PSU over the Pio's, except that everybody hates PSU...
                              And another conundrum on the other side. Lowell is the higher seed but has only one FF appearance. Domers are a 4 seed but have multiple FF's and 1 NC game appearance. Who's the real dog in that fight?

I don't hate the PSU hockey program.

Don't even dislike the football team.

The administration and meatball fans who don't get it can eat a dick though.

Notre Dame? I'd only root FOR them if they're playing BC, Minny or UM, so problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                I don't hate the PSU hockey program.

Don't even dislike the football team.

The administration and meatball fans who don't get it can eat a dick though.

Notre Dame? I'd only root FOR them if they're playing BC, Minny or UM, so problem solved.
                                Pfft. You're just trying to make it seem like everything isn't black or white and all or nothing...

Typical moderate and pragmatic freak.

I'd rather see PSU make the FF and whoever they face beat them there. Or not. meh...

I've just got no special love for the Pio's even though they run a good program and I like playing them.
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X