PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

WiscTJK
05-24-2017, 07:40 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Via Denver's <a href="https://twitter.com/9NEWS">@9NEWS</a>, a video on the twin college graduations of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Badgers?src=hash">#Badgers</a> coach Tony Granato and his daughter Gabby. <a href="https://t.co/lTGltwFiXo">https://t.co/lTGltwFiXo</a></p>— Todd Milewski (@ToddMilewski) <a href="https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/status/867153665735491584">May 23, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Great video.

GB Puck Fan
05-30-2017, 06:57 PM
Gofundme account set up for AJ Degenhardt - member of the 2006 title team, and likely forever known as the last Badger to use a wooden stick. His battle with MS is not going well.

https://www.gofundme.com/aj-degenhardt-fights-ms?pc=fb_dn_postdonate_r&rcid=r01-149617800831-4ea40c26645649b0

MadCityRich
06-04-2017, 12:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2zoxs5GrUg&t=57s

It would be cool for the UW to do something like this for pre-game. You could mix in history videos on the ice.

Timothy A
06-05-2017, 12:28 PM
That was pretty cool....UW needs a full house for max effect.

Timothy A
06-05-2017, 12:45 PM
Rumor has it that the rodents are trying to counter G2O by hiring a 1970's/1980's music Icon, they must be getting desperate.

Timothy A
06-06-2017, 06:04 AM
I just love Nashville's home playoff atmosphere with all the collegiate style chants. Now if they started singing in unison like in European Football that would take the cake.

gwhinwi
06-06-2017, 07:31 AM
I just love Nashville's home playoff atmosphere with all the collegiate style chants. Now if they started singing in unison like in European Football that would take the cake.

As a big Premier League and Bundesliga supporter, I would agree with this. American pro sports could use a bit of the passion that is brought to the games over there.

Timothy A
06-06-2017, 12:44 PM
As a big Premier League and Bundesliga supporter, I would agree with this. American pro sports could use a bit of the passion that is brought to the games over there.

I think overall the Stanley Cup crowds have been very good for North Americans. The passion the Euros display is seldom seen in the US unless, maybe at a Packer game, not they they sing and chant, but at least they are vocal. I too wish US fans had a bigger tank for passion. I'd love to sing and chant the whole game. There's no scoreboard prompting cheering when it's Bayern Munchen vs Leipzig. That brings me back to my childhood when Bundesliga games were on PBS. Anyone else have that recollection?

gwhinwi
06-06-2017, 01:02 PM
I think overall the Stanley Cup crowds have been very good for North Americans. The passion the Euros display is seldom seen in the US unless, maybe at a Packer game, not they they sing and chant, but at least they are vocal. I too wish US fans had a bigger tank for passion. I'd love to sing and chant the whole game. There's no scoreboard prompting cheering when it's Bayern Munchen vs Leipzig. That brings me back to my childhood when Bundesliga games were on PBS. Anyone else have that recollection?

Having just been over to the UK for a football match, it was an amazing bit of atmosphere.
It was wonderful to come home without a voice from a match, knowing that I had shouted (and sang) it all out while watching the match.
I wish we had our share of "fanatics" for our individual teams that keep cheers and chants going all day long.

I had no idea that PBS used to run the Bundesliga. I still long for the days of Monty Python and the UW hockey replays.

WiscTJK
06-06-2017, 03:15 PM
Looks like Shuchuk won't be back at Tech. Can't say that I am surprised.

Timothy A
06-06-2017, 04:57 PM
Looks like Shuchuk won't be back at Tech. Can't say that I am surprised.

That's a bummer. I hope he lands on his feet somewhere.

markwojo
06-07-2017, 02:34 PM
G2O might be going to G?O

Just saw this on Twitter:

Craig Morgan

@craigsmorgan
Also hearing the Blackhawks could be adding current Wisconsin Badgers Associate Coach & Chicago area native Don Granato in some capacity.
8:10 AM - 7 Jun 2017

MadCityRich
06-07-2017, 03:08 PM

Craig Morgan

@craigsmorgan
Also hearing the Blackhawks could be adding current Wisconsin Badgers Associate Coach & Chicago area native Don Granato in some capacity.

I was afraid this might happen down the road, but if it comes true, it's WAY, WAY, too soon. The program needs stability right now. I know their assistant coach Mike Kitchen got whacked, but I never even thought about a local replacement.

WiscTJK
06-07-2017, 03:24 PM
from Todd Milewski

Something to watch on the #Badgers men's hockey front. From what I've been able to gather today, nothing has been decided.

But that means this thing has legs. Can't believe Don would have come for one year only. Makes no sense.

gwhinwi
06-07-2017, 03:38 PM
from Todd Milewski

Something to watch on the #Badgers men's hockey front. From what I've been able to gather today, nothing has been decided.

But that means this thing has legs. Can't believe Don would have come for one year only. Makes no sense.

One year wouldn't make much sense and you would have thought that they would have tried to make getting out of the contract harder, but who knows.

markwojo
06-07-2017, 03:47 PM
I was afraid this might happen down the road, but if it comes true, it's WAY, WAY, too soon. The program needs stability right now. I know their assistant coach Mike Kitchen got whacked, but I never even thought about a local replacement.

Kitchen has been replaced by Ulf Samuelsson who is a Quenneville buddy. The dysfunction that is the Blackhawks has them potential adding an extra assistant that will be a "Bowman hire". Maybe that is Don's role?

MadCityRich
06-07-2017, 04:41 PM
Kitchen has been replaced by Ulf Samuelsson who is a Quenneville buddy. The dysfunction that is the Blackhawks has them potential adding an extra assistant that will be a "Bowman hire". Maybe that is Don's role?

Thanks, I didn't know that! Ulf was one of the first "nasty" Swedes; not many of those.

As long as I'm here, wouldn't be cool to have an NHL pre-season game at KC? Wild, Blackhawks, Red Wings, Blues, somebody from around here.
In 1988 the Blackhawks played the Flames at the Coliseum; I have pictures!

Get on that, boys.

solovsfett
06-07-2017, 10:27 PM

Craig Morgan

@craigsmorgan

That's a major bummer if he leaves after just one season. Who the heck would they replace him with?

markwojo
06-08-2017, 01:55 PM
I would hope Don Granato looks at the cons of the Hawks and passes in the end. The pros are having a position with your hometown team that is among the stronger teams in the league the last decade. The negatives are ending up square in middle of a GM and coach that often are not on the same page. The GM fired an assistant which was close with the coach where that coach reacted publically with his disappointment in that firing. The coach is allowed to hire someone he has close ties to as the replacement and then there is talk of a 3rd assistant that the GM is supposed to be the one selecting. This is the same dysfunctional situation which saw Barry Smith being brought into the organization and then some tension over what his role would be around the team and the same team that saw the GM make a trade for Trevor Daley to then see the coach bury him in the third pairing until he asked for a trade to then end up on a Cup winner and currently sitting a couple wins away from back to back Cups. I'm sure the Hawks money is good, home is good, NHL level is good...but being the 3rd assistant in a dysfunctional mess doesn't seem like a wise career move.

bucky15
06-08-2017, 02:01 PM
I would hope Don Granato looks at the cons of the Hawks and passes in the end. The pros are having a position with your hometown team that is among the stronger teams in the league the last decade. The negatives are ending up square in middle of a GM and coach that often are not on the same page. The GM fired an assistant which was close with the coach where that coach reacted publically with his disappointment in that firing. The coach is allowed to hire someone he has close ties to as the replacement and then there is talk of a 3rd assistant that the GM is supposed to be the one selecting. This is the same dysfunctional situation which saw Barry Smith being brought into the organization and then some tension over what his role would be around the team and the same team that saw the GM make a trade for Trevor Daley to then see the coach bury him in the third pairing until he asked for a trade to then end up on a Cup winner and currently sitting a couple wins away from back to back Cups. I'm sure the Hawks money is good, home is good, NHL level is good...but being the 3rd assistant in a dysfunctional mess doesn't seem like a wise career move.

I know this isn't the right thread, but the Daley for Scuderi trade doesn't get enough attention for how awful of a trade that was. It really hurt the Hawks last year in the playoffs, when they had to play Gustaffson instead of......Trevor Daley. Scuderi was a traffic cone with a stick.