X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Makes sense re: Scheduling

Still, you'd think we'd still find a way to play a few "warm up" noncon matchups before the conference season starts.

It's probably actually better. Lose two to OSU and at least you can come back and even it up later in the season if you start a little slow. Lose two to Merrimack, or one each night to some other non-con out east and it can mess up your RPI with no way to get it back. It is weird though.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
      I would like Notre Dame to win one game...no more no less. Besides that, cheering for Mich Tech.
      Don't really care, but since the son goes to MTU and Watson is still on the team(Appleton native), I'll wish them luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        That one predates Labahn. In my day (let's call them the Elliott/Brandt/Likens/Carlson years) that was sung to opposing netminders.

It all started when some kids in 115 insisted that the Sieve "turn around and look at me when I'm talking to you". And it just went from there.
        I figured it came from there, LaBahn was my first exposure to it since at that time I became a regular attendee with season tickets.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Well, there's this:

I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Michael Russo also tweeted something similar. Mentioned that his agent is speaking with the Wild right now.

Comment

Official announcement from the Wild.

Best of luck to Luke.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I don't think ANYBODY was expecting him to stay for another year. It was great t have him this year. Hell, I ate crow when I thought he was going to leave mid season 2015-2016. I wish him well on a vastly improved team.....another UW skater in the bigs.

The ATO can be used for 25 games, but no pay?
                Last edited by MadCityRich; 03-23-2017, 12:43 PM.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

It's official: http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...5c7b800a4.html

Thanks to Luke for being a great Badger and good luck in the pros. It was great to have him around thru the transition to G2O.
                  Last edited by WiscTJK; 03-23-2017, 01:01 PM.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Stick taps for the captain.

I worry that he's in a Kerdiles-esque situation, but even without the same high end skills, I don't think there's any question how well rounded his game is. He'll do well.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Congrats and good luck to Luke. A great representative of the UW. Hopefully he is the only one this off season.

Comment

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...9d954b604.html

The last three paragraphs are certainly interesting. Let the speculation begin.

Comment

Comment

It always bums me out when these kids throw away a semester of schoolwork to jump to the minors. Is a couple months in the minors going to really make that big of the difference in the speed of his overall development? He was all academic B6, so it isn't like he was barely passing his courses. Best wishes to Luke, though I wish another team owned his rights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              It always bums me out when these kids throw away a semester of schoolwork to jump to the minors. Is a couple months in the minors going to really make that big of the difference in the speed of his overall development? He was all academic B6, so it isn't like he was barely passing his courses. Best wishes to Luke, though I wish another team owned his rights.
                              They have ways to finish the semester away from campus, which is the norm. John Hayden is finishing his Yale degree while with the Blackhawks after signing this spring, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                                They have ways to finish the semester away from campus, which is the norm. John Hayden is finishing his Yale degree while with the Blackhawks after signing this spring, for example.
                                Awesome, hopefully Master Luke can do the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X