X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
    For those who want to start looking ahead to the future (per a Todd Milewski article from earlier this year - LINK

snips from the article
    - The Badgers and the Wildcats are scheduled to play in Ashwaubenon again next season, tentatively Oct. 20-21, 2017, according to a contract between the schools.
    - The rest of the 2017-18 non-conference slate, per signed contracts and earlier announcements, is scheduled to include two-game home series against North Dakota, St. Lawrence and Mercyhurst and a road trip to Michigan Tech.

- A four-year contract with St. Lawrence and Clarkson has the Badgers playing once at each school this season and in 2018-19. St. Lawrence plays a two-game series at the Kohl Center in 2017-18 and Clarkson visits in 2019-20.
    - After UW plays at Michigan Tech this season, the Huskies come to Madison in 2018-19.
    - The Badgers’ return series for two home games against Omaha this season comes in 2019-20.

NMU was a bottom third team, finishing at 13-22-4
    NoDak was a top 10 team, finishing at 21-15-3
    St Lawrence was an upper third team, finishing at 17-13-7
    Mercyhurst was another bottom third team, finishing at 15-20-4
    Michigan Tech was a middle team that won the WCHA to make the NCAA, they went 23-14-7
    Just because I had a little bit of time to kill during my lunch today, I went back through previous schedules and what was listed in this news article about scheduling commitments and put together a document that outlines what our non-con schedule has looked like for the past few years and what we know for the next few. Feel free to take a look and let me know if you have any comments/edits. I'm going to try to keep this updated as we get more information about the coming seasons.

Comment

So....who do you think will win it all? Who do you WANT to win it all?

I was looking over the bracket last night and have no idea what to do......**** near used up an entire eraser. All teams involved have been lurking in the top 16 all year. What say you?
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        So....who do you think will win it all? Who do you WANT to win it all?

I was looking over the bracket last night and have no idea what to do......**** near used up an entire eraser. All teams involved have been lurking in the top 16 all year. What say you?
        I would like Notre Dame to win one game...no more no less. Besides that, cheering for Mich Tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
          Just because I had a little bit of time to kill during my lunch today, I went back through previous schedules and what was listed in this news article about scheduling commitments and put together a document that outlines what our non-con schedule has looked like for the past few years and what we know for the next few. Feel free to take a look and let me know if you have any comments/edits. I'm going to try to keep this updated as we get more information about the coming seasons.
          LOVE this idea. The less digging through the schedules thread I have to do, the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
            What would be your method for eliminating this? I'd love to see it happen. I'd also love to see all of the other crude pieces taken out of the hockey cheers. "By the bright shining light, of the mother f-ing moon" can go away. "That's debatable...you still suck dick" can disappear. "You still suck dick" in any usage can also disappear. I know the band tries to play over some of these when they can, but I'd rather see the students realize that it adds nothing to the environment and just stop.
            I know it is something that the Administration recognizes and would like to see it stopped. But you can't reasonably expect to control a crowd of several thousand college students when they think it is cool to shout swear words and/or demeaning and/or homophobic phrases at each other or the opponent.
            I think they even tried something at football games along the lines of a raffle for a free spring break trip if they didn't do the ES/FU chant, but they still did it. As soon as one person starts it and the students realize that there isn't a reason to abstain any longer they jump in wholeheartedly.
            I think the only way to stop the chants like Es/fu would be to pull or threaten to pull tickets.

I hadn't heard the kids adding "dick" to some chants, that's South Park level stuff and is really indicative of a lack of creativity and class really.
            I've gotten a ton of negative feedback from a couple of friends who go to camp randle as fans of b10 opponents and all they come back with are stories of getting told "**** you" by the 10-year old children of some Bucky fans.
            That's really disappointing
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/...r/?ref=octopus

Comment

• I immediately DQ any article that says this about Luke

"one of the most elite American defensive prospects not yet signed to an NHL entry-level deal"

And this isn't saying anything new... He's got a solid game, he could go if he wants to, but he isn't sure yet.

Comment

The ES/FU chant is almost vintage at this point. I moved to Madison in 93 and we had football tickets for the first 20 or so years we were here and I honestly can't remember a time when that wasn't going on.

It has never bothered me and it never will.

Sometimes you almost have to choose to be offended by some of this stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    The ES/FU chant is almost vintage at this point. I moved to Madison in 93 and we had football tickets for the first 20 or so years we were here and I honestly can't remember a time when that wasn't going on.

It has never bothered me and it never will.

Sometimes you almost have to choose to be offended by some of this stuff.
                    I was there in 93 and I don't recall that chant from that era.
                    I don't choose to be offended. Who does that?

I said it's a classless chant that bears no creativity at all and it evolved out of the "tastes great" "less filling" back and forth' the students did until the late80's early 90's. the es fu makes the kids sound like a bunch of uneducated dopes to be honest. They can do better than lcd chants I feel.
                    Last edited by solovsfett; 03-22-2017, 07:27 AM.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Took my 10 and 12 year olds to their first Badger Football game this year and my 10 year old daughter asked me what they were saying during that cheer. I told her and didn't really offer any explanation...

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

I said it's a classless chant that bears no creativity at all and it evolved out of the "tastes great" "less filling" back and forth' the students did until the late80's early 90's. the es fu makes the kids sound like a bunch of uneducated dopes to be honest. They can do better than lcd chants I feel.

Comment

Sure. I agree it's dumb. I ignore it. Doesn't even register with me.

It's not going away though and it keeps getting whined about both here and seemingly on an annual basis in the media.

It's kids being kids. They'll grow up and realize that they could have done better and then never worry about it again. In the meantime, knowing that it chaps your arse will only make them perpetuate it.

Just can't understand the great gnashing of teeth over this by people coz like I said, it's not going away and the chants that you old ****ers did back in the glory days aren't coming back either.
                        Last edited by Gurtholfin; 03-22-2017, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                          Took my 10 and 12 year olds to their first Badger Football game this year and my 10 year old daughter asked me what they were saying during that cheer. I told her and didn't really offer any explanation...

I took my kid around that time and also told him and offered the "Sometimes adults say things that are inappropriate."

Situation handled and we got on with our lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            I took my kid around that time and also told him and offered the "Sometimes adults say things that are inappropriate."

Situation handled and we got on with our lives.
                            The right way to handle it. Also gets the kid a half step closer to being able to appreciate language and what G Carlin was getting at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              Sure. I agree it's dumb. I ignore it. Doesn't even register with me.

It's not going away though and it keeps getting whined about both here and seemingly on an annual basis in the media.

It's kids being kids. They'll grow up and realize that they could have done better and then never worry about it again. In the meantime, knowing that it chaps your arse will only make them perpetuate it.

Just can't understand the great gnashing of teeth over this by people coz like I said, it's not going away and the chants that you old ****ers did back in the glory days aren't coming back either.
                              Old ****ers? Seriously? I'm pretty sure we're the same age.

I don't recall who was calling for the reintroduction of rumble rink, I had thought it was you but it could have con or hybs or??? And what's wrong with that anyway? Especially if the alternative is adding "dick" to the end of phrases or some other lame attempt at humor without effort.

Get off my lawn!

Comment

Old ****ers? Seriously? I'm pretty sure we're the same age.

We are. That's why I said it.

Look, no hard feelings. We can disagree.

It's theirs (current students) now though and with that comes their right to screw it up.

I'm actually with KaMiGo though on this one in that they don't need or want us older farts telling them the right way to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X