This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Are you using Hockey db? Because that's only going to show RS games. I'm giving credit for all of them.

I looked up the rosters from 84-85 and 85-86.

84-85 you have Granato(852), Gary Suter(1253), Scott Mellanby(1567), Dave Maley (512), Paul Ranheim(1049), Steve Tuttle(161), Paul Houck(16), Jim Johhanson(5), Vic Posa(2) =5417

85-86 you have: Maley Granato Mellanby Ranheim, Paul Stanton(339), Tuttle, Mike Richter (742) =4173

Edit: I think 84-85 is going to be the winner. If Gary Suter would have played one more year 85-86 could have edged them. If Ryan Suter had played one more year, the'06 team would have quite a jump up the list too.
    Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 03-15-2017, 02:04 PM.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by dtrumbower View Post
      Alumni-

Good article about Elliott, He had a rough start of the season and I haven't paid much to Calagary all year. Looks like they are doing well now.

https://www.nhl.com/news/brian-ellio...?tid=277548856
      You're not going to see the Flames, or any other western teams on network (NHL Net, NBC, or NBCsn) unless they're playing somebody out east. I watch them, the Sharks and da' Oil whenever I can stay up late. They are young surging teams. Center Ice is Nice.
      Last edited by MadCityRich; 03-15-2017, 02:07 PM.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

A nice note from the coach

I think that anyone who bought tickets through official channels should have gotten this e-mail and will have access to the survey.

I can post more about the survey questions if people are interested.

Comment

Seemed like the same questions as every year, but it didn't seem as offensive answering them this year. A glimpse of success helps a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
            A nice note from the coach

I think that anyone who bought tickets through official channels should have gotten this e-mail and will have access to the survey.

I can post more about the survey questions if people are interested.
            I did the survey. Of course 100% pro band and 100% anti canned music. I made that comment in any and every place they let me type.

We get OSU again. At least the lads know their opponent well.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Hopefully they beat OSU this time.

Comment

Originally posted by dtrumbower View Post
                Hopefully they beat OSU this time.
                Yep, 20 wins looks way better than 19. And they live to fight another day. I am sure curious about the line combos and the d pairings.

Comment

It's a great day for hockey! DVR the lads, watch the gals live (staying off social media of course not to spoil the outcome of the men's game), then watch the lads. Crush BC, crush OSU, keep on playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    I did the survey. Of course 100% pro band and 100% anti canned music. I made that comment in any and every place they let me type.
                    It doesn't even feel like a college event anymore. The canned music turns it into a lifeless, minor league affair.

They have a LONG way to go to recapture the feel of those early Eaves years (or anything that came before that I never experienced).
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      It doesn't even feel like a college event anymore. The canned music turns it into a lifeless, minor league affair.

They have a LONG way to go to recapture the feel of those early Eaves years (or anything that came before that I never experienced).
                      I really want to see the results of the survey in regards to all but especially the canned vs band questions, that would be fascinating. Maybe old anti-canned music farts like us are in the minority?

If wiscdc can get Labahn painted, maybe he can get canned music killed. He has the power supreme.

Comment

If people actually prefer canned music to the pep band, then the atmosphere is dead for good.

You can't do anything with people if they just want to be silenced by the PA system.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Mike Leckrone hasn't been at basketball or hockey games the majority of the season due to health reasons I believe so that may be why the band doesn't play as much. However, that doesn't explain the use of music on the PA system over previous season. Unless Leckrone asked for the band to play less. Just speculation here.
                          WISCONSIN BADGERS
                          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                            Mike Leckrone hasn't been at basketball or hockey games the majority of the season due to health reasons I believe so that may be why the band doesn't play as much. However, that doesn't explain the use of music on the PA system over previous season. Unless Leckrone asked for the band to play less. Just speculation here.
                            That's interesting because the usual band director for the band when the band plays at the women's games has been different from the start of the hockey season, a women has been directing instead of the man who usually does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              That's interesting because the usual band director for the band when the band plays at the women's games has been different from the start of the hockey season, a women has been directing instead of the man who usually does it.
                              Deb Hauser?
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I know this amounts to heresy but I enjoyed the mixup in selections from the band under its late season direction. I especially noticed it during the Saturday night Ohio State game. The band's music selections between periods had been pretty much the same for several years.

Comment

Working...
                                X