X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Bit of a bummer on the hoops front, but congrats go out to Michigan on their championship season.
    Should Michigan or Wisconsin get hot and go on a run to the Final Four, I know in the future, I for one will look back and talk mostly about what a great team Purdue had this year.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      I think you make a good point. Even strength SA were 56-31 WI with blocks 23-5 to OSU. Credit OSU for a lot of that but it also is what I meant by guys not taking the extra half second to make a good play. They weren't faking and sidestepping to get clear, they were either firing right into them, or waiting in place...waiting, waiting... then fire it right into them anyway. Kunin and Davison combined for 21 SA for 5 saves and a goal. Linhart and Freddy together had 13 SA for 5 SV. That's 34 attempts for 11 on goal and only Hughes (4SA 3SV) and Johnson (3SA 2 SV) were over 50% on goal on the whole team.

31 minutes into the game the Badgers had 9 shots on goal-- 7 in the first, 2 in the second. It's not that they aren't playing hard, (although I think they were a little flat early both nights) face offs were close, and they battled plenty. In my eyes, it's more that they have lost their poise.

And they have to get it back by Friday afternoon.
      Thanks for the stats, where did you find those stats?

It seemed like the forwards have lost a bit of confidence. The double grip and one too many passes, makes me think they don't think they can bury the puck. Literally, passing the burden/puck onto their teammate. Not a good sign going into the playoffs.
      Last edited by bucky15; 03-13-2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
        Thanks for the stats, where did you find those stats?

It seemed like the forwards have lost a bit of confidence. The double grip and one too many passes, makes me think they don't think they can bury the puck. Literally, passing the burden/puck onto their teammate. Not a good sign going into the playoffs.
        College Hockey News box scores have a button that says Advanced Metrics. Not vouching for the veracity of the numbers, but they're tabulated there.

While it doesn't seem possible to get Bucky in at large, I did note that if the Badgers could get it together and win two, it's not that difficult to get 4 B1G teams in the tournament.
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

any word on the severity of Jurusik's injury?
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            All I know is they said it wasn't a knee, and probably not as bad as it appeared. I don't know what that means? A muscle strain, I'd guess? Even if that is the case, they can do a lot, but it's hard to think he'd be ready to go this weekend. Maybe by the first round of the NCAA's though?
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by LordofBrewtown View Post
              We would've needed all the help we could get - I think the Clarkson loss to Cornell just put the final nail in that coffin. St Lawrence is losing too.
              Indeed. Here is the confirmation.
              Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
              Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
              sigpic
              Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
              1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                TG sounded like in the press conference there was no way he was going to be available, though obviously he wants to be able to contribute in some way.

I watched the 1977 intro and Eaves got the 2nd loudest ovation to Johnson, at least what I could hear from my phone. Awesome to see Standbrook there.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

A tad surprised to see Barry and Linhart get some all B6 love.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    A tad surprised to see Barry and Linhart get some all B6 love.
                    Linhart didn't have the kind of production I thought he might have coming into this year, perhaps some of that can be attributed to learning a new system. As he's become more comfortable and gained confidence, I think he's really been pretty good the last half, which is to say, most of the conference games.

I agree that Berry makes you wonder a bit if the voting took place before the last couple of games. I think he fell from the top to down the list quite a bit in SV% and GAA.

Tischke has certainly been our most valuable D. He doesn't have the points but his skating and very consistent high level play has been indispensable, plus he's sucked up a ton of minutes. He's really been good and probably should have been up the list a bit, but points get votes, I guess.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Alumni-

Good article about Elliott, He had a rough start of the season and I haven't paid much to Calagary all year. Looks like they are doing well now.

https://www.nhl.com/news/brian-ellio...?tid=277548856

Comment

So, somebody started a thread on reddit asking which college team had the most NHL talent. I took the time to look up all of the players on the 05-06 and 09-10 teams, to see how many games they played in the NHL. Thought you guys might also be interested, so I will copy paste my hard work

04-05 (2918 total games): Adam Burish (378 games in the NHL), Jake Dowell (138), Robbie Earl (47), Brian Elliott (362), Davis Drewiske (135), Tom Gilbert (655), Andrew Jourdrey (1), Joe Pavelski (794), Joe Piskula (13), Jack Skille (366), Ben Street (29).
                        09-10 (2624 total games): Jake Gardiner (393), Blake Geoffrion (55), Cody Goloubef (127), Ryan McDonagh (459), John Ramage (2), Justin Schultz (331), Craig Smith (426), Brendan Smith (298), Derek Stepan (504), Ben Street (29)

I think when all is said and done, the 09-10 team will pass the 04-05 team...and most definitely would have if Blake would not have been injured.

Any other teams worth looking up?

Comment

late 70's with MJ and Eaves?
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by dtrumbower View Post
                            Alumni-

Good article about Elliott, He had a rough start of the season and I haven't paid much to Calagary all year. Looks like they are doing well now.

https://www.nhl.com/news/brian-ellio...?tid=277548856
                            Love the video in the article of him stoning Kessel in a shootout.

Comment

If you're looking for total NHL games played I doubt anyone passes '83. Pat Flatley (918) Dave Maley (512) Bruce Driver (1030) Chis Chelios (1917) That's 4377 plus some other guys were up for a cup of coffee. Behrend, Johhansen, maybe 1 or two more.

Without looking, right after that I believe you'd have Gary Suter, Mike Richter, Tony G, and Paul Ranheim together who all played a ton of NHL games, with maybe a few more guys.
                              Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 03-15-2017, 12:55 PM.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                If you're looking for total NHL games played I doubt anyone passes '83. Pat Flatley (918) Dave Maley (512) Bruce Driver (1030) Chis Chelios (1917) That's 4377 plus some other guys were up for a cup of coffee. Behrend, Johhansen, maybe 1 or two more.

Without looking, right after that I believe you'd have Gary Suter, Mike Richter, Tony G, and Paul Ranheim together who all played a ton of NHL games, with maybe a few more guys.
                                82-83: Mark Behrend (39), Chris Chelios (1651), Bruce Driver (922), Patrick Flatley (780), Paul Houck (16), John Johannson (5), Terry Kleisinger (4), Dave Maley (466). 3883 games total.
                                83-84: Tony Granato (773), Paul Houck (16), John Johannson (5), Terry Kleisinger (4), Dave Maley (466), Gary Suter (1145). 2409 games total.

Comment

Working...
                                X