Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is starting to ****ing suck. Is it the pressure? Are we running out of gas? Unless we can pop 4 in the 3rd....... :-(
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• *patiently waiting for G2O's recruits*

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        This is starting to ****ing suck. Is it the pressure? Are we running out of gas? Unless we can pop 4 in the 3rd....... :-(
        IMO, they look like they're just running out of gas. Consistent offensive pressure seems to be dwindling, and with our subpar defense, they're just not going to win that way.

Here's to waking up and winning 2 at The Joe!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Listen, we've historically done better in the NCAAs than we have in conference play. It's great to win where it truly counts, but that conference ineptitude isn't exactly a badge of honor.

For all of our success, we only have one treble (to borrow a soccer term) to our name.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

It's maybe cliché but come crunch time your best players just have to be your best players and play well if your going to have success. We're 2-4 and Kunin, Frederick, Hughes, and Besse have combined for 4g 5a 9pts in the last 6. That's a combined .375 pts/game pace. We're obviously going nowhere fast if those guys produce at that rate.

Question is, why aren't they? I mean Hughes, Kunin, and Frederick combined for 20 pts in the previous 6 games vs. the same teams, (1.11pts/game) so it's hard to say it's only the competition. It's something that has infected the team. Seems like a ton of times they made bad passes and plays by hurrying instead of just taking that extra half second to make a good play. Or conversely they'd try to take the time and end up with paralysis and not make any play. To me all that speaks to a team that's not confident and is really feeling the pressure to perform, rather than going out confidently and just doing what you do. And that's a hard thing to fix with just five days until you face a do or die situation.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              Listen, we've historically done better in the NCAAs than we have in conference play. It's great to win where it truly counts, but that conference ineptitude isn't exactly a badge of honor.

For all of our success, we only have one treble (to borrow a soccer term) to our name.
              We have 2 actually, '77 and '90 - though I agree with your point. Yes, I will taunt gopher fans with our 6 NC's to their 5. However, if I am honestly evaluating the success of a program all-time, I would definitely factor in regular season conference championships.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                It's maybe cliché but come crunch time your best players just have to be your best players and play well if your going to have success. We're 2-4 and Kunin, Frederick, Hughes, and Besse have combined for 4g 5a 9pts in the last 6. That's a combined .375 pts/game pace. We're obviously going nowhere fast if those guys produce at that rate.

Question is, why aren't they? I mean Hughes, Kunin, and Frederick combined for 20 pts in the previous 6 games vs. the same teams, (1.11pts/game) so it's hard to say it's only the competition. It's something that has infected the team. Seems like a ton of times they made bad passes and plays by hurrying instead of just taking that extra half second to make a good play. Or conversely they'd try to take the time and end up with paralysis and not make any play. To me all that speaks to a team that's not confident and is really feeling the pressure to perform, rather than going out confidently and just doing what you do. And that's a hard thing to fix with just five days until you face a do or die situation.
                I think the constant line juggling is catching up with them. It's great Ustaski is emerging, but his moving up in the lineup has coincided with the lack to production for the other players, besides Besse, who is healing from multiple snake bites.

We call can see why Greenway was a late college commit, his demeanor is not the ideal one for the college game, it's more suited for the minors/NHL. He single handedly blew up Friday's game with an awful turnover that lead to a 1st period goal, then is stupidity cost us a goal and lead to the OSU goal. UW played like crap the whole game, but getting to 3-2 could have propelled them to play better and possibly win Friday.

Sucks for Jurusic. In Jack we trust.

It's still a been a great season with a lot of growth and tons of positives. Maybe there's just too much poop in the litter box and the litter can't handle it. Next season less poop will be in the litter box.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

That was disappointing, to say the least. This year obviously has been better, but then to see them play so poorly the last few games of the regular season and ruin what had been a shot at an large bid...

Comment

Blocked shots were the difference in last nights game. It would be interesting to see shot attempts in last nights game. OSU on D clogged the middle and blocked a ton of shots. The block shots created odd man breaks, which OSU put away. Frustrating game last night, I thought the Badgers controlled most of the play.

Comment

The good news is that theyare two wins away from a berth and likely screwing Ohio State or penn State out of the ncaas

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

The good news is that theyare two wins away from a berth and likely screwing Ohio State or penn State out of the ncaas
                        I will be euphoric when either or both happens, if it can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44nCvjR3LYE
                        Last edited by MadCityRich; 03-12-2017, 03:59 PM.
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Bit of a bummer on the hoops front, but congrats go out to Michigan on their championship season.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                            Blocked shots were the difference in last nights game. It would be interesting to see shot attempts in last nights game. OSU on D clogged the middle and blocked a ton of shots. The block shots created odd man breaks, which OSU put away. Frustrating game last night, I thought the Badgers controlled most of the play.
                            I think you make a good point. Even strength SA were 56-31 WI with blocks 23-5 to OSU. Credit OSU for a lot of that but it also is what I meant by guys not taking the extra half second to make a good play. They weren't faking and sidestepping to get clear, they were either firing right into them, or waiting in place...waiting, waiting... then fire it right into them anyway. Kunin and Davison combined for 21 SA for 5 saves and a goal. Linhart and Freddy together had 13 SA for 5 SV. That's 34 attempts for 11 on goal and only Hughes (4SA 3SV) and Johnson (3SA 2 SV) were over 50% on goal on the whole team.

31 minutes into the game the Badgers had 9 shots on goal-- 7 in the first, 2 in the second. It's not that they aren't playing hard, (although I think they were a little flat early both nights) face offs were close, and they battled plenty. In my eyes, it's more that they have lost their poise.

And they have to get it back by Friday afternoon.
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Looking at the comparisons that we would have to flip to get into the top-14 aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm pretty certain it can't be done.

We'd have to have a pretty significant RPI swing to overcome more than one or two and there won't be enough games to overcome our H2H deficit against OSU or PSU.

As if it wasn't obvious enough: It's two games to win and get in, and I don't think there's another way. Will have to see when CHN's You Are The Committee comes out.

Comment

Looking at the comparisons that we would have to flip to get into the top-14 aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm pretty certain it can't be done.
                                We would've needed all the help we could get - I think the Clarkson loss to Cornell just put the final nail in that coffin. St Lawrence is losing too.

Comment

Working...
                                X