This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Looking ahead to Saturday, they are going to be honoring the 1977 championship team.

It was an amazing team that won a few games in spectacular fashion. (exhibits A and B)

One of the key players was Mike Eaves.

He is supposed to be back in town for the game Saturday.

I hope that the crowd shows him the love and respect that he deserves.

Comment

Agreed.

Firing him was the right thing to do, but he would deserve every second of any standing ovation that the crowd might give him.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
        Looking ahead to Saturday, they are going to be honoring the 1977 championship team.

It was an amazing team that won a few games in spectacular fashion. (exhibits A and B)

One of the key players was Mike Eaves.

He is supposed to be back in town for the game Saturday.

I hope that the crowd shows him the love and respect that he deserves.
        39% on the PowerPlay. Can you imagine? Eaves on the left, Mark Johnson on the right, Craig Norwich and John Taft up top, and Steve Alley at the net. All played in the NHL and frankly, if the NHL was like it is now back then, Mark Johnson would have been a NHL Superstar. As it was, he was still pretty darn good. They all were, and that team was easily within the handful of greatest college teams ever. Special weekend at the Kohl and I hope they all get a great welcome home. Always Badgers!
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Embarrassing "effort" to this point. Completely flat.

Luckily I got comped in a box tonight.

Comment

• And Greenway's aggression costs us a goal...

Comment

Well, there's always next year.
              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

• Originally posted by Happy View Post
                Well, there's always next year.
                Gopher fan's been saying that since what, 94?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  Gopher fan's been saying that since what, 94?
                  We have won 6 straight conference Championships in a row, so every year is a Gopher Championship year.
                  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                  Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                    We have won 6 straight conference Championships in a row, so every year is a Gopher Championship year.
                    Lulz

That's so Jan.

Seriously can't believe a Gopher fan just said that.

Lololololol

Comment

Lulz

That's so Jan.

Seriously can't believe a Gopher fan just said that.

Lololololol
                      This is all you got?
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                        This is all you got?
                        I mean, what am I supposed to say to that?

We're building towards our next National Championship, not a B1G Title. Does anyone actually care about the B1G title?

Does a program of our's stature proclaim a conference championship a "Championship Season?"

Pathetic.

Comment

On another note, out team save % was .722.

Ouch.

Comment

Also pathetic? JD Greenway. Good lord.

Even with that stupidity that cost us a goal, he (and, to be fair, pretty much all of our defenders) seemingly forgot that hockey doesn't use the same offside rule as soccer. High lines with forwards getting past all night.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I mean, what am I supposed to say to that?

We're building towards our next National Championship, not a B1G Title. Does anyone actually care about the B1G title?

Does a program of our's stature proclaim a conference championship a "Championship Season?"

Pathetic.
                              I get your point but 6 in a row is impressive on some level even if its the Big Ten. Like I always say Gurt if you don't win the National Championship you are a loser. Second place is for the birds.
                              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                                I get your point but 6 in a row is impressive on some level even if its the Big Ten. Like I always say Gurt if you don't win the National Championship you are a loser. Second place is for the birds.
                                Sure. They're great. I guess. I just don't care. Honestly.

Teams that reach a certain level of success, either historically or as part of a run, are reaching for loftier goals.

A division championship would be cool for the Brewers. I still wouldn't call it a "Championship Season," but I'd acknowledge it as a good accomplishment for the franchise.

Don't care when the Packers win the North. They're competing for World Championships. Every year.

Don't care when the Blackhawks win whatever division they're in. I don't even know what it's called. And don't care. On their current run, they are trying to accumulate as many Cups as they can before the window shuts.

Badger hockey?

Show that you are on the right path... Upwards on a consistent and sustained path.

Conference and tournament championships will be the byproduct of this path, but National Championships will always be the goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X