Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota at Penn St. - Feb. 17-18, Let's get ready to Rummmble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota at Penn St. - Feb. 17-18, Let's get ready to Rummmble!

Hope the team gets out of Happy Valley without getting arrested. Really stole that one.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      Hope the team gets out of Happy Valley without getting arrested. Really stole that one.
      Penn St. outplayed us tonight. This loss was a dagger for PSU.

Comment

HIGHLIGHTS

Comment

I left this game at the seven second mark.
          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
            Sieve.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Sieve.
              I was working.
              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I was working.
                NO EXCUSE.

I mean, 7 seconds....I would begrudgingly understand after regulation/before OT.....but.....
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  This is a season defining win.
                  One of the craziest finishes to a game I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of them. Big Wow!
                  Had a 2002 feel to it. Very entertaining broadcast. Congrats.

Comment

Shouldn't have been looking the other way then, should you?
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I hear there is still a warrant out for the Huskies in Hennepin County for the Gophers choke job earlier this year.
                      Used RCA television $60
                      Monthly Cable bill $40
                      Watching Schutte Cry in the Penalty Box after he got cocky with the crowd earlier.
                      P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S

Comment

Was watching on DVR later (yes, the VCR finally crashed) and I had my finger on the 'stop' button ready to delete it from about the penalty shot on. Even though it was after midnight, I had to go back and watch from about 3 minutes remaining. Wish there were a way to copy something onto dvd from DVR would be a fun one to re-watch at a later date. (I had the 0.6 game saved for awhile and somehow got deleted. not happy.)

Once saw my High School team give up 3 goals in the last 21 seconds to Edina before losing in overtime, so always watch to the end if the game is at all close. Also, that game and other late losses make me understand how PSU fans are feeling.

Comment

There is a way
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Forgot about my complaints once they pulled it out. Kloos tripping call pretty bad, but in the end didn't matter. But my question is, has the cameraman for BTN ever seen a hockey game? How many times did he/she lose the puck this weekend and was looking in the wrong end?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                              Penn St. outplayed us tonight. This loss was a dagger for PSU.
                              I thought Gophs had upper hand in 3rd. But yeah, PSU ws winning puck races and battles a lot with fore check. Wasn't like some games earlier in season where some Gopher players would stand and wait to react, just PSU had more jump for a stretch. Gophs regained their intensity in 3rd. Was frustrating to see on a few occasions in first couple periods where both Gopher D had puck behind goal line and on the screen you could see 3 PSU forecheckers below the circles. This should leave 1 forward open to set up a 3 on 2 the other way, but usually it ended with Gophs not breaking out and getting trapped in their end. Luckily they figured out a breakout late in the game.

Hard to top a game like that in the regular season if you are a Gopher fan.

And while it was obviously stupid to take the major and a dangerous play, it was still kind of fun to see Marooney take out two so effectively with one check. (At least once you realized everyone was ok and it didn't cost Gophs the game.

Comment

And one final note, there needs to be a couple more embellishment calls. I realize it is much easier to tell if a guy is faking a trip or going down from a hit than if he was actually hurt on a play, but the amount of rolling on the ice seems to be ramping up like in soccer (not to that extreme, but increasing). This is hockey. You are supposed to be tough. And I am not saying some Gophs don't so it too, but the one that got me (and I couldn't see well when I replayed so could be wrong) was the PSU guy getting the high stick to the face and going down then slow to get up and make it to the box. It doesn't hurt to get hit in a cage with an average high stick. He seemed to react like a NHL'er who just has an eye shield and actually catches one on bare skin. Like I said, maybe I saw it wrong and part of the stick caught his neck or something, but am using this as an example of trying to elicit a call. (Would be willing to bet about 50% of guys who roll on the ice after a CFB aren't really hurt that bad, but they know the odds of getting a major go up if you appear hurt.) Not sure there is an easy fix though, as you can't risk penalizing a guy who actually is hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X