Weekend Scores 2/10 - 2/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Scores 2/10 - 2/12

BC will need another 3rd period comeback to beat Northeastern. After two periods of play they find themselves down 0-1. The Huskies (Shelby Herrington) scored shorthanded midway through the 2nd.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Re: Weekend Scores 2/10 - 2/12

Andrea Renner scores early in the 3rd to put the Huskies up 2-0. Can the Eagles climb back this time?

Comment

BC mounts another strong comeback in the 3rd period, but this time comes up short. Despite getting outshot 32-47 Northeastern was able to hang on and get the win, 2-1.

Comment

Nice road win for Northeastern. Maybe a little Post-Beanpot let down for BC?
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          Nice road win for Northeastern. Maybe a little Post-Beanpot let down for BC?
          I think it's more the fact that playing with 4 defensemen for the past 1+ month is finally coming back to haunt us...
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            I think it's more the fact that playing with 4 defensemen for the past 1+ month is finally coming back to haunt us...
            Are you expecting people to return in the coming weeks?

I see today's loss snapped a 63 game unbeaten streak at home for the Eagles. Congrats BC on a Big Streak!

Comment

St Cloud (pretty sweet that is televised on FSN) looking good today leading Bemidji 3-1 late in the 2nd period.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                Are you expecting people to return in the coming weeks?
                We're hoping to have Bizal (one of our more defensive defensemen) back before the playoffs. Otherwise that's it. Miano is suspended for the year and Sullivan is on personal leave (she's an F but it's forced Connolly to play forward to fill the hole).

Comment

An FYI:

Sunday's Wisconsin vs Duluth game is being televised (live) on Wisconsin Public TV. "The Wisconsin Channel", channels 3 or 196 on my Charter cable in Madison.
                  Noon.

How widely available "The Wisconsin Channel" is available, I have no idea (it is a sort-of 'second' channel from Wis Public TV).

Comment

Next woman up. If you can't play with four, then play five. Anyway, the record is better in 2017 than it was when you had those kids.

Of late, the problem hasn't been wearing down late but not answering the bell early. Really, BC hasn't lit it up in 2017 as a whole on the offensive end, so the forwards are part of the issue. You remind me of UM in the first half when I watch the Eagles: a lot of pressure and chances with little to show for it.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                      An FYI:

Sunday's Wisconsin vs Duluth game is being televised (live) on Wisconsin Public TV. "The Wisconsin Channel", channels 3 or 196 on my Charter cable in Madison.
                      Noon.

How widely available "The Wisconsin Channel" is available, I have no idea (it is a sort-of 'second' channel from Wis Public TV).
                      Thanks for the info. It looks like the channel streams live online:
                      http://wpt.org/watch/watch-wisconsin-channel-online

Can't tell if everything does; perhaps the game won't if UW retains some rights for its own web stream.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        Thanks for the info. It looks like the channel streams live online:
                        http://wpt.org/watch/watch-wisconsin-channel-online

Can't tell if everything does; perhaps the game won't if UW retains some rights for its own web stream.
                        Looking at the schedule, they're not showing it, but if anyone finds a link for a free streaming video please post it.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          Next woman up. If you can't play with four, then play five. Anyway, the record is better in 2017 than it was when you had those kids.

Of late, the problem hasn't been wearing down late but not answering the bell early. Really, BC hasn't lit it up in 2017 as a whole on the offensive end, so the forwards are part of the issue. You remind me of UM in the first half when I watch the Eagles: a lot of pressure and chances with little to show for it.
                          Yeah, you're not wrong. I think the lack of a consistent d zone breakout is part of the problem. Keller and Flanagan are killer but they are just two people...

Comment

Badgers I don't ask much of you but if you could sweep Duluth that would be great

Comment

Yeah, you're not wrong. I think the lack of a consistent d zone breakout is part of the problem. Keller and Flanagan are killer but they are just two people...
                              Keller is not like most other people...You know this.
                              Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-11-2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X