Minnesota @ Ohio St - 2/10 & 2/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota @ Ohio St - 2/10 & 2/11

Minnesota travels to Columbus for a weekend series against the Ohio St Buckeyes. Minnesota is coming off of a sweep of Penn St at home and is 10-2 in it's last twelve games since Ohio St put a 8-3 beating on the Gophers at Mariucci Arena. Ohio St, meanwhile, is coming off of a weekend split at Michigan and is 4-5-2 since the last time these two teams met.

Both games will be played at 7pm Central Time and both games will be televised on BTN.
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Re: Minnesota @ Ohio St - 2/10 & 2/11

Didn't see your thread.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

Bury them!

Comment

I think at #20 in the PairWise, and being on the outside looking in at the moment, the Buckeyes will have extra motivation to win this weekend, especially since they're at home. I look for a real strong effort from them both nights, right from the opening faceoff. But as long as the Gophers play like they have been playing (especially Schierhorn!) the past few weekends and match Ohio State's intensity they should - at a minimum - earn a split. If the Gophs do get swept then all the positive momentum built up over the last month is lost. It would put the team right back where they were on December 3rd. The coaches should use that embarrassment to get the players' attention.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          The coaches should use that embarrassment to get the players' attention.
          Players never forget a shellacking like that, but no doubt it will be mentioned at practice. I anticipate close games, maybe OT, but I'm looking forward to another sweep by the Gophers.

Comment

I look forward to playing tOSU(sorry, I had to do it at least once), they play up and down/back and forth style that is entertaining to watch.

Like you guys said, hopefully the Gophers remember that embarrassing loss the Buckeyes handed them at Mariucci and exact a little bit of revenge.

I'll say split.
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

With the Gophers having a shot at a #1 seed they should not lack for motivation to bring it for both games.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                With the Gophers having a shot at a #1 seed they should not lack for motivation to bring it for both games.
                Haven't seen the Gophers with this opportunity for a #1 seed in a while. Interesting situation in the PWR with BU and Harvard playing for the BP championship on Monday and the Gophers sandwiched in between them in the PWR. A good showing this weekend against the ranked Buckeyes will most likely keep them in the hunt.

Comment

OSU getting swept by the Badgers several weeks back was due mostly to most of the team was fighting the flu. We were just starting to get our rhythm back last week at Michigan.
                  Being a home game with a lot on the line for the Buckeyes and the Gophers wanting payback it should be a VERY interesting series.
                  I put the advantage with Ohio State.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    OSU getting swept by the Badgers several weeks back was due mostly to most of the team was fighting the flu. We were just starting to get our rhythm back last week at Michigan.
                    Being a home game with a lot on the line for the Buckeyes and the Gophers wanting payback it should be a VERY interesting series.
                    I put the advantage with Ohio State.
                    Challenge accepted!!

Comment

Hockey Teams that wear Football Helmets shouldn't win. Gophers sweep.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Very important series for both teams and different reasons. It has split written all over it although Ohio state needs a sweep for pwr and any hope to get a bye in Detroit. The gophers are a much better team than they were in December when the buckeyes split with them in Minneapolis.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Hockey Teams that wear Football Helmets shouldn't win.
                          Do the coaches stick on little stars when they make good tackles and stuff?
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

There's an old adage...when you get a buy stock tip from a taxi driver, its time to sell.

I'm not sure what it means...but its a rare event when Scooby says the Gophers sweep.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              There's an old adage...when you get a buy stock tip from a taxi driver, its time to sell.

I'm not sure what it means...but its a rare event when Scooby says the Gophers sweep.
                              It means charge up the roomba, yer gonna need it! Go Gophers!
                              You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Working...
                              X