Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    So in other news, Walt Kyle got fired and a warrant has been issued for his arrest ok two felonies:
    https://abc10up.com/2017/03/10/man-a...ery-and-fraud/
    I hope they find a great coach. Tech needs NMU to return to national prominence. Our ability to consistently get into the NCAA depends on the WCHA having more top teams. I still want to beat them every game.
    Go Huskies!

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Nice win. Disappointed with attendance. A little over 2k at the game. No students and Calumet playing for a state championship tomorrow downstate are huge factors with the low numbers.
      MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
      2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
        Nice win. Disappointed with attendance. A little over 2k at the game. No students and Calumet playing for a state championship tomorrow downstate are huge factors with the low numbers.
        I realize it is spring break, but do the Tech students get free admission to the playoff games?

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
          I realize it is spring break, but do the Tech students get free admission to the playoff games?
          Yes and no. They don't get the normal student ticket, but some corporation donations paid for them if they signed up for it.
          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

That was a fun game to watch, looking forward to tonight.
            Something tells me Heino and Luch are going to join in the fun tonight.
            Whole team has raised their game for the playoffs, Go Tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              So in other news, Walt Kyle got fired and a warrant has been issued for his arrest ok two felonies:
              https://abc10up.com/2017/03/10/man-a...ery-and-fraud/
              There is a good update on this story. Anyone who read the first account should re-read the link. Summary; Ex wife gave power of attorney while refinancing a home improvement loan. During subsequent divorce, ex wife tried to duck the loan. Divorce Judge agreed with Walt. Ex-wife still does not like outcome and talks sheriff into making an arrest, in spite of prior legal reviews....
              Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
                There is a good update on this story. Anyone who read the first account should re-read the link. Summary; Ex wife gave power of attorney while refinancing a home improvement loan. During subsequent divorce, ex wife tried to duck the loan. Divorce Judge agreed with Walt. Ex-wife still does not like outcome and talks sheriff into making an arrest, in spite of prior legal reviews....
                As usual the truth is somewhere in-between.

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                  As usual the truth is somewhere in-between.
                  How so?
                  Isn't either the Mr or Mrs full of it?
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                    How so?
                    Isn't either the Mr or Mrs full of it?
                    Well they both could be lying about the other committing criminal acts.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

100% of the pucks that go wide of the net will not result in a goal. Need to get it on net and score some dirty goals tomorrow night.

Dirk was like a broken record tonight with "wide of the net" or "just missed the net".

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly100 View Post
                        100% of the pucks that go wide of the net will not result in a goal. Need to get it on net and score some dirty goals tomorrow night.

Dirk was like a broken record tonight with "wide of the net" or "just missed the net".
                        There was just not the jump or the sense of urgency tonight. We did not adjust well to how mankato had changed their game, and we were never a threat to score a goal. I think we had 1 great grade A, and Heinonen shot it right into the goalies stomach.

We lost a ton of face-offs too. I was surprised we stayed as close as we did. Our offensive forecheck lacked urgency and we let them out of their zone too easy, and our pp was similarly not as urgent, nor did we handle their pressuring the puck like they did well at all. I was really hoping we did not have to play another game tomorrow. I question if our guys will be up for it or will win it. MSU is flying high. they will be pushing.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I couldn't watch or listen because I was on a flight, but how did we manage only 15 shots?
                          2005-2006: 7-25-6
                          2006-2007: 18-17-5
                          2007-2008: 14-20-5
                          2008-2009: 6-25-7
                          2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
                            The ex-wife really has an axe to grind and has been ever since the divorce happened. Remember when Walt was suspended by the university? An "anonymous" phone call was made by a female to the university regarding Walt and the assistant AD. Also, Walt has full custody of their kids.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                              I couldn't watch or listen because I was on a flight, but how did we manage only 15 shots?
                              27 shots on goal on Friday vs 15 shots tonight, hence the score...
                              "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                              Abe Lincoln

Comment

Good luck tomorrow! Be great to see the game in the UP!
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X