Olympic team losses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic team losses

Back in 2014 Clarkson (yay!) broke the WCHA hegemony on NCAA titles partly because the really really good players from various NCAA schools were off with their National teams.

The CWHL and NWHL (& Whiecaps) may cut down on the losses, but who is likely not to suit up in 2017-18 for your school.

If the Czechs qualify, Clarkson will lose Pjezlova. I don't see any other losses.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Back in 2014 Clarkson (yay!) broke the WCHA hegemony on NCAA titles partly because the really really good players from various NCAA schools were off with their National teams.

The CWHL and NWHL (& Whiecaps) may cut down on the losses, but who is likely not to suit up in 2017-18 for your school.

If the Czechs qualify, Clarkson will lose Pjezlova. I don't see any other losses.
    BC is looking at possibly Megan Keller. I guess incoming freshman Cayla Barnes could too but that would be really surprising.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Re: Olympic team losses

For UW, Clark (Canada) and Pankowski (US) seem to be on the edge of making the team, and possibly incoming F Sophie Shirley (Canada). None of these are locks IMHO. I'd prefer if they all didn't make it and ended up @ UW next year, but I'm a States Rights kinda guy.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        For UW, Clark (Canada) and Pankowski (US) seem to be on the edge of making the team, and possibly incoming F Sophie Shirley (Canada). None of these are locks IMHO. I'd prefer if they all didn't make it and ended up @ UW next year, but I'm a States Rights kinda guy.
        In my view, Clark will be on the team however do not believe it is in the cards for Shirley. Pankowski will be centralized as well. The downside for other teams is that they will be back the following year!

Comment

I'd prefer if they all didn't make it and ended up @ UW next year, but I'm a States Rights kinda guy.
          HA I've just been telling people I'm a selfish a-hole but that works too
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Ohio State will likely end up missing Jincy Dunne. She was one of the last players cut from the 2014 Olympic Team as a 16-year-old.
            Last edited by osualum86; 01-31-2017, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
              In my view, Clark will be on the team however do not believe it is in the cards for Shirley. Pankowski will be centralized as well. The downside for other teams is that they will be back the following year!
              I REALLY want Shirley to end up at UW to offset Clark and Pankowski.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                HA I've just been telling people I'm a selfish a-hole but that works too
                Us folks out here in rural America are just a bit more civilized than the big city folks from out east I guess.

Comment

Minnesota could lose both Potomaks

Comment

Originally posted by dd17 View Post
                    Minnesota could lose both Potomaks
                    But Kessel will be back, it will be ok for them.

Comment

Clark, Pankowski and Shirley will be centralized that is done. Any cuts at the new year won't matter, any of those players would red shirt the remaining part of the year but practice with them team.

Comment

The more you complain about this, the more likely it becomes that Cameranesi will knock you out of the tournament when she scores the winning goal with her crutch.
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I had to do a doubletake when I saw the title of this thread:

"Olympic team losses"

Take a middle 's' out of that word and you have a pretty foreboding prediction or future headline! I don't think anyone wants to see that headline in their newspaper just over a year from now!

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            The more you complain about this, the more likely it becomes that Cameranesi will knock you out of the tournament when she scores the winning goal with her crutch.
                            Oh, believe me, she'll come back at some point this year, or next year, you can't believe any injury propaganda coming from west of the Mississippi, that much we've all learned.

Comment

Pankowski will be on the Olympic team. I don't believe Jincy Dunne will even be close. Her game has fallen way off. Remember this team needs to built for just ONE game, a coach hopefully has a clear vision about how to win that ONE game.

Comment

Working...
                              X