Penn St at Minnesota - February 3-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn St at Minnesota - February 3-4

Penn St is coming into Minneapolis after a 5-4 loss to Princeton in Philadelphia Saturday. Minnesota is coming off of a third place finish in the North Star College Cup, losing to UMD 3-2 on Friday night and beating Bemidji St 4-0 on Saturday afternoon.

Friday is on FSN+ and Saturday is on BTN.
    Last edited by gopher wes; 02-16-2017, 09:19 AM.
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Re: Penn St at Minnesota - February 3-4

This is obviously a HUGE series that has important implications from both a conference and PairWise standpoint. There is NO DOUBT that the Nittany Lions will come in desperate to get their "roar" back after going 0-2-1 in their last three, including a loss to unranked Princeton. The Gophers will need to display all of their "pride" on ice and "pounce" on the attack at every opportunity, with numbers. And our alpha male Mr. Schierhorn must remain alert at all times and stand his ground at all cost, knowing those lions will attack from anywhere because they'll be extra hungry.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I know this being a Big Ten series and all.....is it ok to be excited for it?

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
        I am a little. I am actually driving down for the game on saturday. Hope it is a good one, as am bringing the family, some of which have little experience as hockey spectators.

Comment

I think it is technically possible to get excited for Big Ten games and wish we could play more instate rivals.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Well I'm excited. #6 team in the country coming into Mariucci with important PWR implications on the line.

I'm going on Saturday for sure, still debating Friday.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Well I'm excited. #6 team in the country coming into Mariucci with important PWR implications on the line.

I'm going on Saturday for sure, still debating Friday.
              'There is no try'

- Yoda
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                I think it is technically possible to get excited for Big Ten games and wish we could play more instate rivals.
                Well, there you go again.

Big series - time to get it done. Have to post the lion with the scarf picture on Twitter and hope the PSU fans cry about it again.

Comment

Due to work responsibilities I haven't watched a single Gopher game all season, which is unusual for me. But I'm hoping to catch this series with Penn St. Again this season, PSU looks like a powerhouse team that knows how to put the puck on net and protect their own. Their SOGM is off the charts and almost double every other D1 team. PSU coming off back to back losses will be hungry. Big series.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    The Gophers will need to display all of their "pride" on ice and "pounce" on the attack at every opportunity, with numbers. And our alpha male Mr. Schierhorn must remain alert at all times and stand his ground at all cost, knowing those lions will attack from anywhere because they'll be extra hungry.
                    Gophers don't pounce, they crawl. Underground mostly. More of a slither.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      Thanks for your input.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                        Due to work responsibilities I haven't watched a single Gopher game all season, which is unusual for me. But I'm hoping to catch this series with Penn St. Again this season, PSU looks like a powerhouse team that knows how to put the puck on net and protect their own. Their SOGM is off the charts and almost double every other D1 team. PSU coming off back to back losses will be hungry. Big series.
                        Article in the Strib this morning on what appears to be a budding rivalry.

"We've been talking to the younger guys, who have no idea what it's like going into Mariucci Arena and playing in that atmosphere,'' DeRosa said. "It's incredible, and it's so fun. Sometimes you're getting it from the fans, but I think it's awesome."

Gophers, Nittany Lions hope hockey rivalry grows
                        http://www.startribune.com/gophers-n...ows/412633193/
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          Average Fawks fan

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            Article in the Strib this morning on what appears to be a budding rivalry.

"We've been talking to the younger guys, who have no idea what it's like going into Mariucci Arena and playing in that atmosphere,'' DeRosa said. "It's incredible, and it's so fun. Sometimes you're getting it from the fans, but I think it's awesome."

Gophers, Nittany Lions hope hockey rivalry grows
                            http://www.startribune.com/gophers-n...ows/412633193/
                            I can see that happening. Gadowsky has done an outstanding job in recruiting and building their program into contenders...very impressive. I really like his "crash the net" style of hockey. If the Gophers can block shots and match that style, they've got a good shot at their 4th consecutive Big Ten title.

Comment

Can't ask for a better game plan execution by the Gophers than that one. Shutdown play by the D and some nice chemistry on the Sheehy/Kloos/Pitlick line. They looked very good tonight and they're peaking at the right time. Fun game to watch.

Comment

Working...
                              X