Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Star College Cup - 1/27 & 1/28 - Bemijid St vs St Cloud St & UMD vs Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Star College Cup - 1/27 & 1/28 - Bemijid St vs St Cloud St & UMD vs Minnesota

Bemidji St takes on St Cloud St in the 4pm game Friday followed by tUMD against Minnesota at 7pm on Fox Sports North.

Losers play at 4pm Saturday with the winners playing in the championship game a 7pm.

Ready.......go!
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Re: North Star College Cup - 1/27 & 1/28 - Bemijid St vs St Cloud St & UMD vs Minneso

Duluth by 20.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Re: North Star College Cup - 1/27 & 1/28 - Bemijid St vs St Cloud St & UMD vs Minneso

So Fox Sports isn't airing the Bemidji State and St. Cloud State game.
      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

The UMDumbs wins it all, beating SCSU by a score of 4-2 in the championship game.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
          So Fox Sports isn't airing the Bemidji State and St. Cloud State game.
          Well they can't miss their important fishing shows and replays of PAC12 basketball.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            Well they can't miss their important fishing shows and replays of PAC12 basketball.
            Maybe if your fanbases had more than eight combined viewers they might televise it....
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
              Maybe if your fanbases had more than eight combined viewers they might televise it....
              College hockey doesn't get ratings no matter who's on...even your precious Gophers.
              It is sad though since they will air some of our home games using the HP crew...but can't show this game of a tournament designed to showcase the teams in Minnesota.
              It's just dumb and there is no excuse for it.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                College hockey doesn't get ratings no matter who's on...even your precious Gophers.
                While that may or may not be true now that was not always the case. Declining ratings came with the epic stupidity of the Big 10 hockey conference. A conference that was formed, mostly, because of TV. An irony that I will never forget.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  While that may or may not be true now that was not always the case. Declining ratings came with the epic stupidity of the Big 10 hockey conference. A conference that was formed, mostly, because of TV. An irony that I will never forget.
                  Any evidence of declining ratings? Certainly the B1G markets like Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania are "B1Gger" than places like the UP, Alaska, Bemidji, Mankato, etc.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Any evidence of declining ratings? Certainly the B1G markets like Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania are "B1Gger" than places like the UP, Alaska, Bemidji, Mankato, etc.
                    I'm pretty sure Scooby meant the TV ratings for Gopher broadcasts specifically within the home market. How many Pedo State alum live here vs. UND Whiouxziwhatsas or SCSU alum? More local schools to the region existed in the old WCHA, which meant more non-Gopher fans tuning into the local broadcast in addition to the Gopher faithful.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Announced today, this will be the last North Star Cup.
                      http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ege_cup_to.php

The 1st Place teams from the Big10, NCHC and WCHA and a young/talented SCSU team faceoff for Minnesota bragging rights! Should be some really good games.

Comment

Friday night showdown between a pair of top 10 teams in Minnesota and UMD, should be a great game. I suspect these two teams will both win on Saturday in the 1st/3rd place games.
                        National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                        National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          I'm pretty sure Scooby meant the TV ratings for Gopher broadcasts specifically within the home market. How many Pedo State alum live here vs. UND Whiouxziwhatsas or SCSU alum? More local schools to the region existed in the old WCHA, which meant more non-Gopher fans tuning into the local broadcast in addition to the Gopher faithful.
                          This. If one has any questions, one could also look to attendance at the conference tourneys. Even if "their" team wasn't at the F5, people still showed up. Now, everything around here is split, and it sucks.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It's the previous three champions + the best team in the state. I get more excited about this tournament than others. I think the play has been very good despite disappointing crowds. I'd also call it the best college hockey value of the year in the Twin Cities.

Comment

Bummer to see this thing didn't last. Never expected it to rival the BP but I thought it would do more than it has.

Beat dUM.

Comment

Working...
                              X