1) Plattsburgh-duh
    2) Adrian- a certain swagger when they came East
    3) Wisconsin-River Falls-no cross over so why not
    4) Elmira-preparing for 2/11-2/12 date
    5) Norwich-in the hunt
    6) Middlebury-solid win Saturday
    7) Lake Forest
    8) Oswego
    9) pick one: Augsburg, Concordia (MN) or Wisconsin-Eau Clair) or pick two and bump the Purple&White
    10) Amherst-coming on

Re: today's DIII poll

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
    1) Plattsburgh-duh
    5) Norwich-in the hunt
    7) Lake Forest
    8) Oswego
    9) pick one: Augsburg, Concordia (MN) or Wisconsin-Eau Clair) or pick two and bump the Purple&White
    10) Amherst-coming on
    Curious why Norwich below Elmira after going 1-0-1 against them? Granted, both very close games with NU scoring with an extra attacker to tie the first one and then a 1-0 win in the home game two weeks ago.

NU's only two losses came to Plattsburgh, both by 3-1 scores and both times Plattsburgh's third goal came in the final minute.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
      1) Plattsburgh-duh
      5) Norwich-in the hunt
      7) Lake Forest
      8) Oswego
      10) Amherst-coming on
      Concordia/Moorhead and Augsburg play this weekend in Moorhead. Augsburg has the best defense in the conference and Concordia has the best offense. Should be a good series.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

1)Plattsburgh
        2)Norwich
        3)Adrian
        4)Middlebury
        5)Utica
        6)Elmira
        7)Oswego
        8)Amherst
        9)Con Coll
        10)Williams

River Falls very good, schedule not the strongest however

Comment

Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
          1)Plattsburgh
          2)Norwich
          3)Adrian
          4)Middlebury
          5)Utica
          6)Elmira
          7)Oswego
          8)Amherst
          9)Con Coll
          10)Williams

River Falls very good, schedule not the strongest however
          River Falls is absolutely a top 5 team. Where exactly is hard to say without any cross-over games, but make no mistake about it. They are not worse than Utica, Oswego, Amherst, Conn College, or Williams. Lake Forest should probably be in the 8-10 area too. With 9 eastern teams on this list, has anyone checked on gojackets to make sure he's ok?
          Steve
          Penn State Class of '95
          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
            River Falls is absolutely a top 5 team. Where exactly is hard to say without any cross-over games, but make no mistake about it. They are not worse than Utica, Oswego, Amherst, Conn College, or Williams. Lake Forest should probably be in the 8-10 area too. With 9 eastern teams on this list, has anyone checked on gojackets to make sure he's ok?
            After Plattsburgh, Adrian, Elmira, Norwich, Middlebury I think it's pretty murky without much to compare. I do think LF and UWRF are legit but I'm sure the eastern schools listed feel the same.

My question will be how the Pool B works out this year. Will Morrisville or Endicott take the slot from UWRF if they don't run the table (which they won't)? As a western fan that would be tough to swallow but I really don't know how good either of those teams are. They haven't played a difficult schedule (but neither has UWRF) but have handled the people they should. They certainly have a case they should be in that slot. Really wish they had added that 9th team this year.

You could be looking at just Adrian and the MIAC winner from the west this year.

Comment

Originally posted by hieronymus View Post
              After Plattsburgh, Adrian, Elmira, Norwich, Middlebury I think it's pretty murky without much to compare. I do think LF and UWRF are legit but I'm sure the eastern schools listed feel the same.

My question will be how the Pool B works out this year. Will Morrisville or Endicott take the slot from UWRF if they don't run the table (which they won't)? As a western fan that would be tough to swallow but I really don't know how good either of those teams are. They haven't played a difficult schedule (but neither has UWRF) but have handled the people they should. They certainly have a case they should be in that slot. Really wish they had added that 9th team this year.

You could be looking at just Adrian and the MIAC winner from the west this year.
              I will be shocked if River Falls doesn't win Pool B.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by hieronymus View Post

I agree with Prez... I'd be stunned beyond belief. Endicott & Morrisville's SOS will be so weak, they won't even be seriously considered. Those schools could have run the table (undefeated season) and I'm not sure they would be considered.
                Steve
                Penn State Class of '95
                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Working...
                X