BC-BU weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC-BU weekend

So quiet here , we've all become complacent. Everyone back and healthy for BC. Everyone back for BU from
    Juniors but didn't they have a couple still recovering ? Will it again be the road teams winning? I don't think so . BC aiming for a split and underdogs for one of tne few times in a decade or so . I'll be paying for the feed tonight and not sure if I'll have it out in CA for Monday .It's on another network that I haven't heard of mookie
    Last edited by sterlippo1; 01-13-2017, 06:03 AM.

Re: BC-BU weekend

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    I'll be paying for the feed tonight and not sure if I'll have it out in CA for Monday .
    BU's feed is now free and in HD.

Comment

Eagles stand no chance. I'll be there to witness the historic slaughter.

Even still... it Sucks to BU.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Who was the genius that scheduled this for when the BU kids are on break, and then put the BC game on a Monday night?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          Who was the genius that scheduled this for when the BU kids are on break, and then put the BC game on a Monday night?
          Not just a Monday, a federal holiday where most schools don't have class.
          It's just as serious as you're willing to take it.

Comment

Same genius that has put this series during the break the last few years. Supposedly it changes next season.

Comment

Why does it even have to be a series? Especially when playing first round of Beanpot? Why not stagger the regular season meetings. Or if you want a series what about last weekend of RS? Could always be drama there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                Same genius that has put this series during the break the last few years. Supposedly it changes next season.

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Why does it even have to be a series? Especially when playing first round of Beanpot? Why not stagger the regular season meetings. Or if you want a series what about last weekend of RS? Could always be drama there.
                It's a three year HEA cycle/schedule.

Parker (at the time) and York don't want to play in October or early November as the teams are still figuring things out. Don't want it in late-Jan or in February because of the Beanpot.

Hopefully November for the next cycle. Or the first weekend in December.

#BCSucks
                Last edited by Rhett Hot; 01-13-2017, 11:20 AM. Reason: Clarification. and because I can't spell apparently

Comment

The whole scheduling thing in Hockey East is infuriating. This league's offices need to be cleaned out.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post

Parker (at the time) and York don't want to play in October or early November as the teams are still figuring things out. Don't want it in late-Jan or in February because of the Beanpot.

#BCSucks
                    I think I remember an interview with Bertagna (maybe in an intermission?) where he said the games were in January instead of December because that was what the TV networks preferred, but tonight's game is not on TV, so apparently they don't like January as much as they told him.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                      I think I remember an interview with Bertagna (maybe in an intermission?) where he said the games were in January instead of December because that was what the TV networks preferred, but tonight's game is not on TV, so apparently they don't like January as much as they told him.
                      Money talks.

It's unfortunate that the marquee series for both teams is during the holiday break. Sure both arenas still fill up okay enough, but BU-BC should be sold out packed house with full student sections (and bands).

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post

#BCSucks
                        First weekend in December seems like it would work perfectly. Or ditch the home-and-home weekend series and do one game early in the season and one after the Beanpot (THAT could be a fun grudge match, depending on the Beanpot result).

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                          BU's feed is now free and in HD.
                          effing A! i didnt like the thought of forking over money to BU but i would have done it

Comment

No TV is a step backward. This should be a National Game (and has been in the past.)

Put one game in December and the other one in late Feb/March. Done and done.

BU Hockey: Where the Millennials At?
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Probably not on TV because BC has no chance of winning at Agganis. Never happens and BU is clearly the superior team, i'm sure that's what corsi and fenwick (probably forgetting some other great statistical measures) say. Gonna be a bloodbath. BC will have to be "lucky" to win.

Comment

Working...
                              X