No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats v UMaine Black Bears Big Arena Matchup Extravaganza Friday Dec. 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNH Wildcats v UMaine Black Bears Big Arena Matchup Extravaganza Friday Dec. 30

Well folks the Christmas rush is over and it's time to think hockey. Seems like forever since the 'Cats lost to Dartmouth (Dec 10) and swept the Black Bears the weekend before. Flash back to last year's game in ManchVegas where the 'Cats beat up on the Black Bears 7-0. What's gonna happen this year in the newly named SNHU Arena?

HR's game predict: UNH 5 Maine 3

See ya there!
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Re: UNH Wildcats v UMaine Black Bears Big Arena Matchup Extravaganza Friday Dec. 30

As predicted in the last edition of The Quest ... UNH 4 UMaine 4.

Sincerely hoping that HR's selection comes to pass, though.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      As predicted in the last edition of The Quest ... UNH 4 UMaine 4.

Sincerely hoping that HR's selection comes to pass, though.
      We got 2, how about you. That's all I got and it's lame. Maine loses again. As a long time uscho'er a maine unh thread that isn't full of posts a few days before a game is pathetic. We suck
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Re: UNH Wildcats v UMaine Black Bears Big Arena Matchup Extravaganza Friday Dec. 30

Go Wildcats! Though Maine is our rival, I still dislike BC and BU more.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          We got 2, how about you. That's all I got and it's lame. Maine loses again. As a long time uscho'er a maine unh thread that isn't full of posts a few days before a game is pathetic. We suck
          Not really much activity on the Maine thread either and half it probably comes from me and you.

I'm going Friday and hope to see a Maine win. It's sad they are not even selling balcony tickets. It looks like only about half of the lower bowl seats have been sold.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Random question...Will the new name of the arena impact future games? It seems kind of strange UNH would be playing in SNHU arena.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              Not really much activity on the Maine thread either and half it probably comes from me and you.

I'm going Friday and hope to see a Maine win. It's sad they are not even selling balcony tickets. It looks like only about half of the lower bowl seats have been sold.
              I may have this wrong but this season they gave UNH season tix holders the choice (?) to have this game included in our purchase. Too many people were not happy with not having the choice to attend or not, and to be able to pick their own seats as these were assigned. Maybe another season tix holder can verify how this went down. Next year the game will be played in Portland from what I understand...it. I do not think the new name of the arena affects future games as I believe the game is just going to flip flop between the two teams from now on??

Ps Also just read Maine holds a 3-2-0 advantage while playing the 'Cats at the SNHU FWIW dept
              Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-28-2016, 11:55 AM.
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

hopefully 2 newly eligible players for Maine are actually good to make the lineup and play. One kid is a transfer from Minnesota, Hoglund, supposed to be really quick. The other Herner from Czech republic, don't know much about him but supposed to be a good??? Heard that before though
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  As a long time uscho'er a maine unh thread that isn't full of posts a few days before a game is pathetic. We suck
                  True.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Random question...Will the new name of the arena impact future games? It seems kind of strange UNH would be playing in SNHU arena.
                    Yeah, especially when UNH Manchester is located about a block and a half down Granite St. from the arena.

Once upon a time, UNH was the unquestioned flagship hockey program throughout our state. 15 (apathetic) years later, they're content playing second banana to what has evolved into a goon league hockey team, and you get the feeling we're just biding our time until the folks over in Hooksett get ambitious enough to justify putting a D-1 hockey team (plus hoops?) into the arena that now bears their name.

But hey ho, at least we get to host the D-1 Regionals there every few years. (not that we play in them any more)

Comment

Yeah, especially when UNH Manchester is located about a block and a half down Granite St. from the arena.

Once upon a time, UNH was the unquestioned flagship hockey program throughout our state. 15 (apathetic) years later, they're content playing second banana to what has evolved into a goon league hockey team, and you get the feeling we're just biding our time until the folks over in Hooksett get ambitious enough to justify putting a D-1 hockey team (plus hoops?) into the arena that now bears their name.

But hey ho, at least we get to host the D-1 Regionals there every few years. (not that we play in them any more)
                      I was actually thinking maybe SNHU has designs on moving in there for basketball and hockey. I've heard they have plenty of money and could likely afford to go D1.

After lackluster attendance and with hockey east adding extra league games this could very well be the last border war in Manchester for awhile. I've posted this more than once but it is so sad how little interest this game is attracting compared to the first one way back when. Even though Maine lost that was still a very fun night and one I certainly will always remember.

Comment

Hoping you're correct ...

I was actually thinking maybe SNHU has designs on moving in there for basketball and hockey. I've heard they have plenty of money and could likely afford to go D1.
                        I'd love to see it come to pass. Then there would be three NH D-1 teams, and (assuming SNHU would be an AHA team) from 3 different conferences. 3 teams out of the 4 needed to start our own NH-based version of the Beanpot (I guess they could resurrect the Riverstone for the event?) to get something really interesting going in ManchVegas to brighten up the winter months. Invite a rotating D-3 team (PSU?) until you get a solid 4th participant in place, plus grow statewide interest in D-1 hockey while creating/enhancing rivalries. I've been speculating about this for years. I hope I live long enough to see it.

Or the less than 3,000 nightly remaining ManchVegan hockey fans can continue to subsist on weekly throw-downs with the likes of the Elmira Jackals or the Brampton Beast.

Comment

Re: Hoping you're correct ...

Well, what about St Anselm, located in nearby Goffstown? Haven't they been toying with the idea of going D-1 with their hockey team as well? Or is that idea (rumored?) dead in the water?
                          UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            Well, what about St Anselm, located in nearby Goffstown? Haven't they been toying with the idea of going D-1 with their hockey team as well? Or is that idea (rumored?) dead in the water?
                            They were looking to go the other direction and decided against it. I'm not sure what their plan is now.

Comment

Re: Hoping you're correct ...

I'd love to see it come to pass. Then there would be three NH D-1 teams, and (assuming SNHU would be an AHA team) from 3 different conferences. 3 teams out of the 4 needed to start our own NH-based version of the Beanpot (I guess they could resurrect the Riverstone for the event?) to get something really interesting going in ManchVegas to brighten up the winter months. Invite a rotating D-3 team (PSU?) until you get a solid 4th participant in place, plus grow statewide interest in D-1 hockey while creating/enhancing rivalries. I've been speculating about this for years. I hope I live long enough to see it.

Or the less than 3,000 nightly remaining ManchVegan hockey fans can continue to subsist on weekly throw-downs with the likes of the Elmira Jackals or the Brampton Beast.
                              Perhaps Wheelock could be the fourth team
                              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Working...
                              X