Union

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Union

Union wins again! Congrats to them! Good luck going for the series sweep tomorrow!

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
    Union wins again! Congrats to them! Good luck going for the series sweep tomorrow!
    Oh well, no sweep but they still have 3 times as many wins as last year all before the semester break. Their schedule is going to be much tougher over their final 14 games but I think they have a chance to win or earn ties against Yale, Brown, Dartmouth, Harvard, and RPI. I don’t see them beating anybody else this season. No matter what happens the rest of the way they're far better off than thay were before and they are actually making some forward progress and that's new for this program too.

Comment

Re: Union

Oh well, no sweep but they still have 3 times as many wins as last year all before the semester break. Their schedule is going to be much tougher over their final 14 games but I think they have a chance to win or earn ties against Yale, Brown, Dartmouth, Harvard, and RPI. I don’t see them beating anybody else this season. No matter what happens the rest of the way they're far better off than thay were before and they are actually making some forward progress and that's new for this program too.
      Really looks like a tidal shift in attitude and morale. It's where they need to start and the wins will come.

Which coaches are on the hotseat if any this year? Brown changed so they will give a few more years. Others hear any rumors?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
        Really looks like a tidal shift in attitude and morale. It's where they need to start and the wins will come.

Which coaches are on the hotseat if any this year? Brown changed so they will give a few more years. Others hear any rumors?
        Haven't heard anything but here are some changes I'd like to see:

Mercyhurst (might have made a mistake when he looked for new employment, a change here wouldn't hurt)
        Lindenwood (I know, this is only his 3rd season, but I think they're getting worse)
        RIT (terrible coach, a change here is long overdue)
        Yale (he's been there long enough and hasn't done the job)
        RPI (but I know it won't happen)
        Brown (mistaken hire to begin with)
        Providence (time for new blood)
        UConn (his ego gets in the way)
        Maine (needs to go back to prep school coaching)
        Mankato (I know he's a hockey icon because he was part of the Miracle team, but women's hockey isn't his thing)

Comment

Mercyhurst (might have made a mistake when he looked for new employment, a change here wouldn't hurt)
          Lindenwood (I know, this is only his 3rd season, but I think they're getting worse)
          Mankato (I know he's a hockey icon because he was part of the Miracle team, but women's hockey isn't his thing)
          Mercyhurst can still be another year
          Lindenwood Too early
          RIT yes a change probably, but won't yet because still riding previous success
          Yale Can't say
          RPI Why do you say that? I saw you say that once before.
          Brown Agree but will get at least 4 yrs
          Providence not sure
          UConn Not as good as he thinks
          Maine I think their contract was just renewed
          Mankato Yes needs a change

Comment

Lindenwood Too early
            Yale Can't say
            Providence not sure
            Regarding RPI, he's only ever had one "really good" year. The rest have varied. I don't think he is one of those coaches who gets the most out of his players or is able to get them to reach their true and full potential. They always seem to underperform overall. His special teams have never been impressive either especially the power play. He's just an average coach that does an average job and gets average results. It's all just very average and bland.

Comment

What's the story at Penn State?

Lindenwood Too early
              Yale Can't say
              Providence not sure

Comment

I'm not a close follower but I don't get the criticism of Mankato. They went from no wins to 3 wins in conference and 6 overall so far this season in his second year. Has some good recruits coming in. Looks like the program is progressing. Tough conference. Had a bump in the road versus Union. Union has 0 wins in conference and 3 wins out of conference and people are ecstatic. Obviously different situations but maybe some of the critics can explain the problems they see after just 2 years.

Comment

Regarding RPI, he's only ever had one "really good" year. The rest have varied. I don't think he is one of those coaches who gets the most out of his players or is able to get them to reach their true and full potential. They always seem to underperform overall. His special teams have never been impressive either especially the power play. He's just an average coach that does an average job and gets average results. It's all just very average and bland.
                  Perhaps RPI isn't very good at mathematical analysis?

Union is trending upward, while Harvard is sliding south. Rather be Union today than Harvard

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                    Perhaps RPI isn't very good at mathematical analysis?

Union is trending upward, while Harvard is sliding south. Rather be Union today than Harvard
                    So fire 1/3 of the D1 women's hockey coaches and Union is going to be better than Harvard? Weird thread.

Comment

Well all that is agreeable, avg and frankly the stats really show below avg. But why do you say it won't happen? AD or RPI doesn't care? I'm quite sure the women care, not any different than Union in that respect. His choice of style of play is "interesting"

Comment

Lindenwood Too early
                        I agree that 2.5 years is too soon to give up on a college coach trying to turn a program around. But if 2.5 years is too soon, how can you decide a change is needed after 1.5 years? At least give a coach a chance to bring in some of his/her own players and develop them. There aren't many coaches who add double-digits wins right away like Scanlan did at Bemidji, and he inherited some talented players. Mankato wasn't exactly stocked.
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I couldn't resist here...what is your definition of success? Tell us your most respected coach in the NCAA.
                          Mercyhurst: recent low, incredible success
                          Limdenwood: Tough job, you couldn't do better
                          RIT: No scholarships....D3 champs, 2xCHA champs, NCAA bid...I'm puzzled here
                          Yale: How good should they be?
                          RPI: same as Yale
                          Brown: we agree here
                          Providence: he earned some time with past success .500 right now
                          UConn: Bad coach or you don't like him? Current Winning record
                          Maine: hardest jobs out there...minimal support from school
                          Mankato: You just pilling on here....

Certain programs are built to be successful, others are not...again what is a successful coach?
                          Further looking at this post and your past posts.... has me thinking you don't like Male coaches in the female game? If so Why?
                          also makes me think your a coach somewhere out there...

Judging by this criteria why isnt Katey Stone on your list?

Looking forward to your reply....lots of discussion here.

Comment

Originally posted by hocper View Post
                            I couldn't resist here...what is your definition of success? Tell us your most respected coach in the NCAA.
                            Mercyhurst: recent low, incredible success
                            Limdenwood: Tough job, you couldn't do better
                            RIT: No scholarships....D3 champs, 2xCHA champs, NCAA bid...I'm puzzled here
                            Yale: How good should they be?
                            RPI: same as Yale
                            Brown: we agree here
                            Providence: he earned some time with past success .500 right now
                            UConn: Bad coach or you don't like him? Current Winning record
                            Maine: hardest jobs out there...minimal support from school
                            Mankato: You just pilling on here....

Certain programs are built to be successful, others are not...again what is a successful coach?
                            Further looking at this post and your past posts.... has me thinking you don't like Male coaches in the female game? If so Why?
                            also makes me think your a coach somewhere out there...

Judging by this criteria why isnt Katey Stone on your list?

Looking forward to your reply....lots of discussion here.
                            Amen to the above! I wonder how long before the new Union coach is added to this list after all he has had his team for half a year already!

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
                              So fire 1/3 of the D1 women's hockey coaches and Union is going to be better than Harvard? Weird thread.
                              You don't see the humor in "Perhaps RPI isn't very good at mathematical analysis?" ? Eastfan, you might be wrapped a little tight. Does the Christmas season have you in the dumps? Have a drink and Merry Christmas!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X