Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    You mean like someone with four years as an assistant in HE at Lowell (96-00), then nine years as the lead recruiter at Colorado College for a team that made the NCAA tourney six times during that stretch (2000-2008), then several years as a succesful HC at DIII Hamilton?
    It wasn't meant to be a sarcastic comment. I was just speculating.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      Not what I meant. I said "a Bazin" - not "Bazin." Meaning someone like him...
      I think you hit a nerve, settle down Puck Hawk! I understood your meaning. I hope I am wrong, but I am not convinced Souza is that man...
      GO BLUE!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        It wasn't meant to be a sarcastic comment. I was just speculating.
        I didn't take it as sarcastic. I was just noting Bazin had quite the track record when Lowell hired him.
        The Souza record:
        15-16 10th place
        16-17 10th place
        17-18 11th place
        18-19 8th place
        19-20 9th place
        20-21 10th place
        21-22 9th place
        22-23 10th place

Comment

...or, one could make the choice to be as pragmatic about the situation as possible, and take the good when it comes and support the team on the ice. (Which I believe most UNH fans do). But it IS challenging, when you are competitive yourself, to WANT to be on that other side, to know what it felt like to be great, to know you are 'going on' to the next round. Absolutely. It's going to be a drag to go to Manch again, to watch OTHER teams out there, and see the UNH logo on the boards. However I'm a believe that things go in cycles like has been said. I don't like that fact but I do believe that happens. The trick is to get it going again back or as close as one can, as fast as one can. That's going to take decent recruiting, high level coaching, and, the players on the ice have got to buy in and create the hockey culture needed to be successful.

You all know I started following this team at the 2013 Regionals. I had no idea of the UNH past (well, I had a vague idea from time to time I'd hear about UNH hockey doing this or that) but not the past so many of you guys do. I believe that Mike Souza will bring the team back to being highly competitive as that past you all yearn for. Norm Bazin came in and it seemed like 'overnight' he turned UML around. They obviously bought into his system and he hasn't looked back. Did he have a high level of recruits? I have no clue; I don't have the knowledge of what he had to work with and frankly, don't really know what he's about. But I do know, whatever he does; he's effective as you know what. I watched an interview with Derek Arnold who plays for the Monarchs and he talked about how that all went down; they just bought in to what he was presenting and we know how it all has gone since. Got our first glimpse I believe at that Regional when UNH was shut out 2-0. (Correct if I'm wrong) Can the same thing happen for our Mike Souza? Who knows...but I've heard the man speak about his vision for UNH hockey and I'm behind him 100%.

I'm going to say it right here, right now, that I believe that MS should start next season, and not any time later. It's really time for UNH hockey to move on to new coaching ideas etc. That doesn't mean that I do not have respect for what Coach U has done over the years I know he has his heart in the right place and all the success he has had, he has earned every bit of it. It's just time. And you won't catch me bashing him on this forum. I'm sure I am disappointing some who follow this board...that doesn't mean I am any less of a fan. And my opinion on the matter means diddley squat anyway in the grand scheme of things...

Meanwhile we've got one last weekend here to see where we land and I fully intend on going and supporting our Senior class. Will be in Hartford as well...go 'Cats!!!!
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
            I didn't take it as sarcastic. I was just noting Bazin had quite the track record when Lowell hired him.
            So, what are the thoughts out there, is Souza the guy? Personally I do not believe so, hope I am wrong as he appears to be the heir apparent.
            GO BLUE!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

I'm going to say it right here, right now, that I believe that MS should start next season, and not any time later. It's really time for UNH hockey to move on to new coaching ideas etc. That doesn't mean that I do not have respect for what Coach U has done over the years I know he has his heart in the right place and all the success he has had, he has earned every bit of it. It's just time. And you won't catch me bashing him on this forum. I'm sure I am disappointing some who follow this board...that doesn't mean I am any less of a fan. And my opinion on the matter means diddley squat anyway in the grand scheme of things...
              Trust me I support the team on the ice and don't believe in bashing Umile either, but it is time to move on. I've had season tickets since the Whit opened, and despite the lack of success I am still there at every game (cannot say that for most of the season tickets holders around us, as most are gone). Why would you disappoint? You believe its time for Umile to step aside, that's a valid opinion, and one that is shared by many. Hey, I'm all for a quick turnaround, just not sure its in the cards.
              GO BLUE!

Comment

• Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
                Trust me I support the team on the ice and don't believe in bashing Umile either, but it is time to move on. I've had season tickets since the Whit opened, and despite the lack of success I am still there at every game (cannot say that for most of the season tickets holders around us, as most are gone). Why would you disappoint? You believe its time for Umile to step aside, that's a valid opinion, and one that is shared by many. Hey, I'm all for a quick turnaround, just not sure its in the cards.
                Oh I'm sure you do support the team!! I was speaking in very broad terms. I just think since my debut here on this forum most would be surprised that I am capable of taking off my those rose (or blue) colored glasses once in awhile 😉 Hoping this is not our last home game...

Comment

I'm a believer that things go in cycles.
                  Absolutely true...that's the basis of life. Things always turn around...it just takes patience (sometime more than others...)

And you won't catch me bashing him on this forum. I'm sure I am disappointing some who follow this board..
                  As it should be. We all have short memories. It's always "what have you done for me lately?" I have reacted impulsively many times in my life and have said things that I regret. It's better to take the high road. I know some will say "Easy for you to say," but there have been some GREAT moments in UNH Hockey history and DU has been a major player in a great many of them.

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                    Bazin is not leaving Lowell for UNH
                    Lighten up Francis.

Guess reading comprehension isn't a priority at UML
                    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Well the puck has dropped for senior night and miraculously went into a net 15 seconds in, and not behind Tirone

As a season ticket holder and alumnus I appreciate the donations for the new scoreboard but for the love of Christ can we find someone to operate it and show replays. Nothing from the goal

Comment

Well that escalated quickly 🙄

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          Well that escalated quickly 🙄
                          Are you really surprised? First goal not his fault. 2nd all on him. 150 foot stretch passes on powers plays accomplish nothing.

Ready for the off season thread

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post
                            Are you really surprised? First goal not his fault. 2nd all on him. 150 foot stretch passes on powers plays accomplish nothing.

Ready for the off season thread
                            Yeah I guess I am....

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Yeah I guess I am....
                              Senior night, last home game, energy and all that only goes so far. Eventually lack of talent plays out and better teams win

Comment

Ugh

Comment

Working...
                                X