Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Kelleher!!
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Dam those two goal leads.

Good job tonight UNH. Now win tomorrow night and get the three point weekend.
      Last edited by riverchief1; 02-17-2017, 07:31 PM.
      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Good game guys. You played well. See you at the Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          Good game guys. You played well. See you at the Lake.
          Considering we were out shot what, 2-1 we held our own but I wish we could've come away with the W. Enjoyed sitting with Snively65 off one of the goals; got a real good look at the play. Was great to see Maller return to the line up and Chanter getting his first NCAA score. He played a disciplined game. Kelleher (for now) leads the nation by scoring and had a 3 point night. Should be a battle at the 'Whitt! Go 'Cats!!!

ps Looking at the HE standings...going to take a W tonight and some help from other games AND a sweep of UConn next weekend to get home ice?? *in the mbpbegam HE tournament as it's often referred to!!!

HR's prediction for tonight: hate to say...BU comes to play firing on all cylinders...Oettinger (sp) plays like a man possessed.. BU 4 UNH 1 Prove me wrong 'Cats!!!
          Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-18-2017, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            HR's prediction for tonight: hate to say...BU comes to play firing on all cylinders...Oettinger (sp) plays like a man possessed.. BU 4 UNH 1 Prove me wrong 'Cats!!!
            Thought I saw that the game is on WBIN. Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
              Dam those two goal leads.

Good job tonight UNH. Now win tomorrow night and get the three point weekend.
              Worst lead in hockey is a 2 goal lead. Disappointing but not surprising he end result that they couldn't get a big win. Plus I was all fired up for the blowout, not happy with Chuck as I played the over and BU with the points last night.

Tonight will be a similar outcome as in Lowell. UNH hasn't played well in back to back games in a while (2001 maybe?). Hopeful this is the 2nd to last game to see. Prefer to save on first round tickets if we hold onto 8th

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                Can be streamed on espn3
                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

It's on ESPN 3 that's what I thought?

Comment

It's on ESPN 3 that's what I thought?
                    OK - thanks.

Comment

So if I have this right we need to win, or tie (at least)tonight and have NU, UConn and 'Mack to lose tonight to have a decent shot at 8th going into next weeks reg. season finale? Despite the fact we couldn't hold on to win the game last night we showed we can come to play. Hard to be in this spot (again) and the thought of being on the road in these playoffs is not something I want to put myself through (again) after last year!!

I recognize where we are at but really would love to see for their sake something great happen for a change...(I saw Mike Eruzione in the BU lobby last night and thought 'yeah, we could use a Miracle On Ice" right about now haha) I have read that awesome thread about the HE playoff possibilities but for me...it's like reading a word problem in math!! Tonight's results will pretty much tell us where we are most likely going to be...

Comment

Good luck with that!
                        Works like a charm:-)
                        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          I thought I read that Bill Binney sold his TV station back to the FCC for $100MM last week. So ESPN8 it is.

Remember the discussion we had this week about the current lack of athleticism in the goalie position?

Maybe UNH caught him on a bad night ... but last night, Oettinger was Exhibit A for my previous rants. Kid played with all the athleticism of a curbstone. I know he's a former US NTDP kid, but I'm not a fan. Watched him in the Beanpot semis against BC, and other than a stretch of the second period where the puck seemed to hit him a lot, I didn't see a whole lot to write home about in that game, either. JMHO (and watch the kid pitch a shutout tonight).
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            I thought I read that Bill Binney sold his TV station back to the FCC for $100MM last week. So ESPN8 it is.
                            He did but the game on WBIN tonight is MC/Maine, so for the moment they are still televising games
                            BS UMass Lowell 2015
                            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Remember the discussion we had this week about the current lack of athleticism in the goalie position?

Maybe UNH caught him on a bad night ... but last night, Oettinger was Exhibit A for my previous rants. Kid played with all the athleticism of a curbstone. I know he's a former US NTDP kid, but I'm not a fan. Watched him in the Beanpot semis against BC, and other than a stretch of the second period where the puck seemed to hit him a lot, I didn't see a whole lot to write home about in that game, either. JMHO (and watch the kid pitch a shutout tonight).
                              Good point Chuck...I'm just thinking we aren't going to survive being outshot 2-1 against a skilled team like BU can be when they are playing well but if you were to ask their fans most would say they are not at the moment but whatever how do you get to #5 in the country please let us know. (sarcasm) I do believe we can beat that goalie (see I'm learning!) I haven't been that impressed watching him in the Beanpot and last night but it's going to take a concentrated full out 60 mins with very few defensive mistakes.

I don't see too many 'atta boys' for DT today; he made some great saves ('cept for that one 20 seconds into the third? ) You can bet they will double down on TyK tonight!
                              Really really missing Eiserman out there as a closing thought.

Don't get me wrong I thought UNH looked better last night than I've seen them play (besides the BC game and maybe the first UVM game). You can't lose focus for one minute. I hope the team plays well tonight. We need to win plain and simple or it's pretty much 'on the road again' for the HE playoffs...

Comment

I don't see too many 'atta boys' for DT today; he made some great saves ('cept for that one 20 seconds into the third? )
                                Sorry HR, but when 3/4 goals go right between his legs you will not hear too many praises coming from me. He can make some eally good saves then gack it all up by letting the squeaker go right through the pads.

The fact of the matter is that the team packed it in after they got up 2-0 and then 4-2. This team doesn't have the talent to sit on a two goal lead.

Comment

Working...
                                X